• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
i was thinking of using a choice scarf porygon-z should i run timid or modest nature

If it's Choice Scarf run Modest because Scarf boosts Speed 1.5 vs Timid nature boosting it 1.1

A quick question. If I knock out a Pokémon that usually yields 2 EVs but I have the Pokérus and also holding a Power item, how many EVs will I get for knocking one of said Pokémon.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
If it's Choice Scarf run Modest because Scarf boosts Speed 1.5 vs Timid nature boosting it 1.1

Timid is actually the preferred nature so you can outspeed stuff like Adamant DD Mence after a boost and neutral natured choice scarfers with base 100 speed. A timid nature boosting the stat 1.1 is kind of irrelevant to which nature he should use with the scarf.

But, of course, if you have said threats covered, Modest is a usable nature.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Could someone hook me up with a non-Choice Rampardos set?

Rock Polish Rampardos is usually the best idea if its not Choiced.

Rampardos @ Liechi Berry/Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Zen Headbutt/Natural Gift

Natural Gift coupled with Liechi Berry gives you a nice 80 BP Grass attack to ward off Quagsire and Gastrodon, otherwise stick with Life Orb.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Rock Polish Rampardos is usually the best idea if its not Choiced.

Rampardos @ Liechi Berry/Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Zen Headbutt/Natural Gift

Natural Gift coupled with Liechi Berry gives you a nice 80 BP Grass attack to ward off Quagsire and Gastrodon, otherwise stick with Life Orb.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked anything. That's about the best you can do with somethign as god awful as Rampardos. Thanks for the help.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
For an Anti-Lead Starmie, is it better to run Energy Ball or Grass Knot to deal with bulky waters like Swampert. Also please explain why.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Super Fang is useless for Crobat =/ , Hypnosis , Roost , and brave bird Crobat seems quite good , could you please show me your Current moveset of your Crobat ?
It still works, I've been using it myself and it breaks walls easily. And, it isn't on the Smogon analysis because it's a HG/SS move.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
No, super fang is far from useless. :/

It wrecks common switch ins to crobat.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
I currently have a Sceptile using Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast. Due to Focus Blast's low accuracy, is there a viable alternative?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I currently have a Sceptile using Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast. Due to Focus Blast's low accuracy, is there a viable alternative?

You generally don't need Energy Ball and Leaf Storm on the same set unless you're running a choice specs set. Even then, your only other options for special attacks are Solar Beam or a Hidden Power, with HP Ice being your best option.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
Years
  • Age 32
  • MTU
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
What would you recommend instead of Focus Blast?

Sceptile really does not learn another special fighting attack, I'm not sure what your want to do with your sceptile, It seams your trying to specialize in his special moves so the other really note worthy special moves are giga drain, possibility hyper beam if he is a ingame set. Other then that, there isn't much that you can replace Focus Blast with unless you go physical with Brick Break.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Hidden Power is another option, but it probably loses on a lot of KOs so it is generally it's better to just stick with Focus Blast.

TheWannabe

I Wannabe A PRO!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I hope thi is the right thread lol

can someone make a moveset for gatr with aqua jet

and how do i show my signature

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday