• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky: OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Working on a java app since I have some decent knowledge of Java.
"The RPGear!"
Basically, it will be an app that will take game data stored by a GM and output it to various or certain members of any RP.
Players can respond to the data through Dice roles, comments, etc and post the data as they work on
their next post.

Years
Im currently taking and studying java in college.
I have aquired a little skill in creating apps and may work on this when dec comes around
and I somehow survive my finals. :/

This will be a simple app. There will be a hosted database that can be accessed by this app. The gm can access his own personal login on this app and setup monsters, shops, items and events for his participants. The data from his changes will store itself into this data base and other players who acess it from their own player login can face the challenges game side by however the game master sets it up. By dice rolls (how I do things.), multiple options where these actions have a reward and consequence or by poll. The app can also handle financial items such as setting up shops and storing items into a players inventory on the gear.

This app will be free to use when or if it reaches completion.
Also, I have looked and attempted at creating the game based on the rp, It will have to wait a while.

Years
We first thought of putting it into a mod for gameboy adv or game boy color.
However, both problems would be difficult for multiple reasons that include adding our own items, setting up a camp, resetting the purpose of earning badges to badge components, item fusion to create medicines, tools and food, your basic health such as energy, water, hunger and life stats; We needed a game with a scripted engine that can support this sort of thing and accept changes without a lot of trouble. So mod's were scrapped from the idea's of places to build the game in.

We then turned to RPG maker XP for a large number of reasons. We can change things easier, create game maps a lot simpler, add our own systems and so on to put the game in a position where it can be based on survival like this RP itself. There is even a POKEMON Dev. Kit build for RPG maker XP itself that includes battle system, map tiles, sprites, and the scripts to make it a 100% original pokemon game. THIS would not be a problem if I or someone can understand Ruby; All of the games operations are handled by ruby script instead of simple RPGM Events, from battles, to choosing your own pokemon, menu, setting up the inventory and all it. The most I can do is add pokemon, items and extra trainers, but that's it.

If you can find an dev. software that can let us make the sort of changes or create this sort of thing without trouble, it would be a HUGE help to us, other than that, you may need to wait until someone can understand how to change anything in it.

Years
I need to start posting here again.

Alright, I have started researching for RPGear and have wrote out my flow chart and pseudo code.
Kinda researching Java IO to get started. Anyone have any tips for me? XD

I'll post tonight

Years
Your fine.

I have an announcement, I'm pulling the RP along out of Heroes Loft.
2 reasons, one, I have had Cr** on my plate I have been trying to get clear.
Secondly, I am either a terrible GM or a dull minded one for not moving his story along. We're getting to comfy in the loft, its time to make our departure...

Still bashing my brain into a book on Java, and here's an update on my RPGear project.

The App will use JavaFX. It will have a similar posting system you see in forum boards with a few differences.
The app will be developed for RP's that have some sort of game mechanic, such as using dice rolls or certain stats. There will be accounts on the Gear that can be managed. Players, G.Masters, Realm Guards [Admins basically]. A G.Master will be able to create a game, challenges and setup puzzles or questions for his venturing party. G.Masters can have multiple games setup in room's called [Tables], since in the real world, you play an RPG at a table. Tables can be created, deleted and locked if necessary, G.Masters may even kick or ban players from their table. Players are.... Well, no need to explain this one; However if there are issues with a table or story that is pretty isulting to others, they may submit a report to a Realm Guard. Realm Guards Will have absolute power over all tables and games in the works. They have the same powers as a G.Master, however their abilities will be on a wider scale. Whatever they do or say, goes; no if and's or but's.

While I have the mechanics figured out, I'm changing the GUI over and over. I have my logic down, just trying to figure out how to put it together and teach it how to hang onto data.

Last edited:
Years
I know I'm double posting, but this is a more detailed update.

Were leaving Heroes Loft the second Hotel of Horrors finishes.

For those looking to join the currently [Ahead] group, there is a plot device for catching up in place.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
This is goodbye, my friends. I've left this RP (and Kiba) to be little more than a remnant of the past. I'd like you all to know that it was fun to play alongside you. I'll keep fond memories here.

However, I plan to become far greater. I will keep improving until the day I die!

Years
Wolf of Eve was around during the earlier stages of the RP and encouraged the progress of the story and character development. He was apart of our close knitted group to the story and were going to miss him...

Either case, we are going to progress with the story.
Also, H2S, for your character Xavier, prepare to have his mind boggled.

Last edited:
Years
It'll get better.
RPGear and CardBox, 2 java projects are now on hold for my spring college semester.
I HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR THIS SO HEAR ME OUT!

For this semester, I'm taking Java II and a C++ introduction class at the community college.
One of the features I'll be learning to code and use is Java's I/O library. Where It will manipulate files;
Change text and data and so on. Learning to do this is critical to complete my projects.

Both the apps will be pushed back regarding an early release besides researching Java's I/O since my
current instructor plans to teach us and I learn better through exercise.

For those out of the loop now reading this; RPGear is a java app I have been planning for a while.
Planning its logic and gui elements while trying to figure out how data is handled, saved and sent from
PC to a file on the internet. The purpose of the gear is to add a gameplay element to forums or websites.
Example, In Earth and Sky, I tend to use dice rolls to make a lot of decisions, including picking out jobs.
The gear will roll and generate die numbers from a coin[d2] to a 20-sided die. [d2o] The gear will be able to keep track of items created, money and health. The gear will work with ANY set of rules you layout, whether your playing
a RPG system based off a book [such as Challenger or Maverick] or something you come up with on the fly.

CardBox is another app I have been looking over to making. Its the ability to play card games on forum boards.

Years
Two more members that have joined the rp have quit.

No, its not you H2S or any of our active players.
SummerSkies has quit to work on her school studies. This I allowed because of the importance and limited time she has.
Orangeness quit for the reason of not posting and having no time to work on the rp.

So its down to the 5 of us.
Im working on an ad banner for the rp thread in the roleplay section.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
He's baaaaaaack...!

Surprise...!
∣ Kiba Kurokokoro
Pokeball.png
448.png
282.png
136.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
NoPoke.png
Signing-Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up

Name: Kiba Kurokokoro
Age: 18 (Now aged by roughly one year since his disappearance)
Sex: Male
B.Type: Meta / Tera (Skill and Strategy, Use of Surroundings)

Appearance: His hair has been cut shorter, he now wears a new shirt and shorts, all black with indigo details. He's notably muscular, looking less scrawny this time around. He also wears glasses now, and is pale, slightly more so since his last appearance. Otherwise, his facial features and height show that he has aged an entire year.

Kiba.png

448.png

Name: Ki
Species: Lucario
Sex: Male

282.png

Name: "Z"
Species: Gardevoir
Sex: Female

136.png

Name: Amber
Species: Flareon