• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The battle between the player and Koga.

Koga poisoned almost all of my Pokemon to death.
I got angry and I said to myself that, if he were to live in real life, I'd scissor him to death.

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
well it has to be all the people on the side of the routes and places. some are almost impossible to go around or pass. this annoys me in all pokemon games, but it bothers me most when your pokemon are about to faint or you have fainted pokemon.

Yukari

The part that annoyed me most is rock tunnel, I've spent HOURS! in rock tunnel. I've only obtained flash once In all of my play throughs of the trilogy. I spent so long In rock tunnel that I literally have memorized the entire tunnel.

Years
Lt. Surge's trap. I once spent nearly an hour trying to trip the switches to no avail.
Rock Tunnel.
How the Elite Four were ridiculously over-levelled and there were no good places to train.
No Post-Game except the Unknown Dungeon.

Years
RBY had a lot of annoying places.

1. Rock Tunnel - Without Flash, you'd waste your time trying to find the way out.

2. Cycling Road - Bikers, Poison-types, please stop.

3. Mt. Moon - Boring, just boring.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
Rock Tunnel. No other part in the game comes close at all. For some reason I never bothered to use Flash, and even after going through it in dozens of play-throughs and memorizing every rock of it, it was still hell for me. Besides Lorelei (probably misspelled) of the elite four, it's the only part of the game that I actually disliked.

I totally agree....I hated that so much. lol Trying to find your way while encountering all the random encounters nonsense.

Years
Just like a few people above me, Rock Tunnel. Not only you had to catch 10 Pokemon in order to get Flash but going through it with a Pokemon like Charmeleon is a pain. Fainting from rock Pokemon and Water Pokemon..... Pain..

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Having to go through the Safari Zone without having to get a time up. It is so annoying to find out that I am one step away from the false teeth when suddenly I am booted back to the beginning. I want my money back!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Every part with teleporters. That includes Silph Co. and Sabrina's gym. It's so annoying, you just can't remember where each teleporter goes unless you have a super brain. So it just ends up being guesswork until you end up somewhere that it looks like you haven't been.

Oh, and Route 13. I don't know what sadist designed that route, but omg so many trainers, and you can't really avoid any of them. I remember having to constantly head back to the Pokemon Center in Lavender Town. And this was before Running Shoes or registering the Bike to the select button, so it was a really slow process.

Years
In Pokémon Red,I had three or four years,my big brother telled me that if I use a Master Ball on a Pidgey i will be able to get MEW,but that I have to stop buying balls,and when I went to catch Mewtwo he defeated my entire team(Blastoise,Pidgeot[yeah,I actually evolved the pidgey],Dragonite,Taurus,Raichu and Arcanine) just using Psychic.
But,after that I started all over again,and,with my friends help.I was able to get all 151 pokémon,and my brother only got 45,and his starter ''suddenly disappeared"
//===================================\\
Hacks I support:
Pokémon Grape Version(I can't put the link,so search!)
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue(I can't put the link,so search!)

Years
In yellow...GARY GETTING EEVEE! I WANTED EEVEE!!!
You can get one in Celadon,If i din't knowed it back then I'd stay pissed until today.

//===================================\\
Hacks I support:
Pokémon Grape Version(I can't put the link,so search!)
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue(I can't put the link,so search!)

Years
Every moment in which a wild Pokémon appears when you're in a cave/tunnel, and really just want to get out there without any hassle.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Not being able to fish while surfing or riding a bike. Also the extremely small bag size.

Years
Pressing B to cancel evolution on not fully evolved stuff... that I want to have at Level 100.
Nooo! It evolved when I blinked & I forgot to save...

Years
Silph Co. and most if not all the other headquarters of Team Rocket. I fully understand that they were needed to implement a story to the game, albeit not much of one at all, but they were extremely tedious and annoying to get through. It would've been alleviated a bit had they placed some healing sites inside the Rocket headquarters so that you don't have to walk all the way back to a Pokemon Center every time you need to save one of your creatures from Poison.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
First: the part that annoys me the MOST in the R/B/Y series was having to battle against Bellsprout/Ekans for example, using the move Wrap... "The attack continues!", "The attack continues!", "The attack continues!"... whaaargh ...

Second: even though it's great for training, I did find the Silph Co. annoying, especially when I was a kid and I couldn't find the right tiles to warp...

Third: I remember it took me AGES to find out how to get to Saffron City. I remember I wanted so bad to just continue the game and story but I just couldn't figure out that you just had to give a drink to the guy... :|
Later when more kids in my neighborhood found out I knew how to get to Saffron City, they all came to my house to ask me how to do this so that was quite fun on the other hand :3

Mecheon

Flamingo Flambé
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2014
The most annoying thing about R/B/Y for me was that there was no renewable source of PokeCredits other than the Elite Four. All the Repels, Super Repels, Max Repels (Caves like Rock Tunnel), Pokeballs, Great Balls, Ultra Balls (for legendaries, especially the ones that choose to miss the birds) really killed my finances before I even knew I'd need to stock up on all the expensive healing items purchasable at the indigo plateau the very first time I played a pokemon game (I was encouraged to play the earliest games first legitimately). Then, I'd spend so much time grinding the pokemon with wild pokemon (which is very underwhelming) to get them to the point they can compete with the Elite Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back