• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: Elite Four Challenge!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
Ever felt the Elite Four were a little too easy to beat?

NOT ANYMORE!

In this Emerald hack the only thing that's been changed is the Elite Four/Final Rival battle:

- They now mostly use Ubers/Legenadaries (including Rayquaza, Mew, Lugia etc) and a few very good OUs (Salamance, Metagross etc) and have been assigned a variety of deadly move sets.

- They are ALL at level 100.

Here's a preview of what you'll be up against:

emon_sheet.jpg
pke.jpg

PokemonEmeraldq_03.png
PokemonEmeraldq_06.png
PokemonEmeraldq_01.png
PokemonEmeraldq_01-1.png
PokemonEmeraldq_07.png
PokemonEmeraldq_03-1.png

Here's how to play:

Step 1) Using VBA and an Emerald Rom open the attached IPS file.

Step 2) Instead of starting a new game; just click "import" and import your own ".sav" file that you should have assuming that you've completed Pokemon Emerald (and used the export feature on VBA to make your own ".sav" file). Once this is done you can vs the Elite Four with your own Pokemon team from your own Emerald game.

I've checked for compatibility for SAV files from both original and hacked Emerald roms and they all work fine. (If you've never played through the original or hacked Emerald msg me for a .sav file)

Step 3) See if you can beat the elite 4 and their insanely powerful Pokemon. :)

Rules for this challenge:
You cannot use Ubers on your team at all.
Your only allowed to use 1 legendary Pokemon on your team.
No items are to be used in battle (but they can be used after battle).
You can give your Pokemon an item to hold (excluding choiceband).
No cheap moves like those that are tournament banned (eg: one hit KOs).
You can only use a sleep inducing move up to 3 times per battle.

The winner of this challenge is the poke-trainer who can win using the lowest level team.

Currently I'm the only person to have completed this challenge. I used a level 65 team. If you like a challenge, give it a try!

Enjoy and feel free too leave feedback. :)

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
That sounds insanely hard, but I don't think I want to play it, since I've already played through Pokémon Emerald Hard Edition, and want a break from Emerald.
I may try sometime though.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
Yeah, it is pretty hard! I usually sweep through the Elite Four in any hack using an under leveled team...but this certainly took some time and strategy.

but I had a lot of fun completing this challenge and am happy to share the experience (by uploading this hack) with anyone who's interested. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I think that people thought it was too hard. I know that I personally wouldn't be able to beat it, so that's my reasoning.

regimeen

Alt + F4 user
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
wow this looks cool ill probably try this. i toyed around with heart gold a did the same thing to lance, never thought about doing the whole E4

coca cola

Wanna be:D
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
ok that elite 4 is a bit to hard and if you are going to make them all lv100 oponents at least but a good amount of trainers to battle before hand to make your pokemon strong anoth to combat lv100 legendaries....

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
Yeah, it is pretty hard! I usually sweep through the Elite Four in any hack using an under leveled team...but this certainly took some time and strategy.

but I had a lot of fun completing this challenge and am happy to share the experience (by uploading this hack) with anyone who's interested. :)

Yeah, that's the point. It is damn hard!

I can undersand if a lot of players don't really want to try because their just casual players (which is cool) but this is really for the more hardcore poke-trainer who enjoys an epic challenge.

but if I can win with a level 65 team (no hacks) so can anyone else... that is if you have the skill and technique. ;)

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Yeah, that's the point. It is damn hard!

I can undersand if a lot of players don't really want to try because their just casual players (which is cool) but this is really for the more hardcore poke-trainer who enjoys an epic challenge.

but if I can win with a level 65 team (no hacks) so can anyone else... that is if you have the skill and technique. ;)

Skill in a 4-move turn based RPG? No such thing.

Technique? Probably, but the AI on GBA is so terrible rofl.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
Skill in a 4-move turn based RPG? No such thing.

Technique? Probably, but the AI on GBA is so terrible rofl.

Do competitive tournaments for pokemon require skill? that's also a 4-move turn based game.

If skill was not a part of the game then there would only be luck.
There certainly wouldn't be people complaining about the difficulty either. :/

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
i may try it i personally don't use legendaries at all and when i faced my cousin who used a team of powered up legendaries and i won but i would rather start from the beginning and train a team for this is that allowed?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry bobwaka1, but please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a year.

ausnik, if you would like to have this thread reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 9, 2023
I know i shouldn't bump such an old thread, but the author hasn't been active in years and the link has expired.
Can anyone re-upload the. Ips? I'd be grateful.

Back