• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Cerulean Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I believe this makes the 20th reply, not including the original topic.

In any case, I'm posting this just in case Twoie is strict on that thing. Now it is official 20 xP Go Cerulean Sky~!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Yep, there's a heroine, although she'll be a bit buggy in the first demo, seeing as how so many of her graphics aren't done yet. For best performance, I'd suggest playing as the male in the first demo.
----------------------------------------
Alright, so we've hit 20 posts. Unfortunately, I'm postponing the update to 30 posts. :3

Just kidding, just kidding. xP

Update: Saturday, May 17th, 2008.

Here are some screenies of the Human - To - Human battle system! I'll upload a video later, though. It's tough to explain the system by taking screens.
PS: I'm not an idiot, and I do realize that the sprites have to be recolored. These screenshots are showcasing the system and how it works; not my sprites. Please note that before telling me that my sprites need recoloring.
Scr23.png
Scr24.png

Scr25.png
Scr26.png

Here are some screenshots in-game, showcasing new stuff and giving some hints the storyline. Enjoy. :3
Oh, before I forget. Krimm and I have started a resource sharing system. I'll be putting that in the first post right about now. So if you see any resources which are common between our games, there's no need to fret.
Scr27.png
Scr28.png

Scr29.png
Scr30.png

Scr31.png
Scr32.png

Scr33.png
Scr34.png

Scr35.png

Credit to Wichu for the idea of a transparent menu. :3

Next update when we hit 35 posts. And remember, the updates will gradually keep getting bigger and better. So keep commenting! :3

Last edited:

« Extraho »

Cookies, anybody? :3
Years
I am surprised Archayos, awesome improvement since your last game!
Your motto should be like PTC The glitch free game(At least the story is glitch free)!

Anyway is there a heronine.( i'm not a girl)
By the way... it's heroine not hero nine!

The removing-gyms idea wasn't...
So you plan on breaking the cliché, eh? Good thinking. Will the hero have a dad?(That'll be awesome!)

Nice idea for player vs player and good luck for the games production!

Archayos

Years
I am surprised Archayos, awesome improvement since your last game!
Your motto should be like PTC The glitch free game(At least the story is glitch free)!
PTC? You mean TCS, I assume? It's not that hard to remember. :3

So you plan on breaking the cliché, eh? Good thinking. Will the hero have a dad?(That'll be awesome!)

Nice idea for player vs player and good luck for the games production!
Not exactly breaking the cliché. That came as an after thought. I just thought that the story would be a lot better if the gyms weren't the main focus. It's rather annoying to have to keep battling them even when there's something a lot more important to do.

Also, the father has an important relation with the story. No, he's isn't the leader of Team Aero (something that people would expect as soon as I said that). Although I really don't wish to spoil that right now. :3

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Cool screenshot!
I like the Human vs Human system ( They just looks like Suikoden dueling system ).
And the menu are sweet.
Keep it up with good works!

Years
Well when I saw your Human vs Human system, I need to tell that mine is also using the same base - duel mini game, but its something different - I think I've got Pkmn to Human BS :P . But I'm still working on it so I hope I'll be able to make more different (please do not modify your :P ) ;) .

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ha. Pretty neat feature (the H-v-H system). I'm trying to guess what the dad has to do the with storyline. I was trying to see what the hidden meaning behind the 4th storyline screenshot (in the set you just posted) is. I don't see the player sprite at all in the screen- and judging how the camera is centered- im guessing hes not there. So is it like a cut-scene or is the player listening to that and the message box is just in the way?

Archayos

Years
Ha. Pretty neat feature (the H-v-H system). I'm trying to guess what the dad has to do the with storyline. I was trying to see what the hidden meaning behind the 4th storyline screenshot (in the set you just posted) is. I don't see the player sprite at all in the screen- and judging how the camera is centered- im guessing hes not there. So is it like a cut-scene or is the player listening to that and the message box is just in the way?

I know. I like my HvH feature too! Makes the game a lot more realistic. Ah, and I added you on MSN, Neo. [email protected].

About the fourth screenshot (I always upload each screenshot individually, btw; not as sets. xP), it's the latter. I used the Scroll Map command to Pan the screen upwards, and the message box is blocking the hero's sprite.
Oh, and the second-last screenshot (the one before the 'calling' one) is a VERY important one. Try guessing what significance that has to the story. :3

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Looking good, Twoie.

Human V.S Human idea is a pretty cool idea. Plus I like the look of the city during the H-v-H battle : D

And I'm pretty sure this wasn't mentioned in the introduction, sorry if I'm wrong, but when do you plan on releasing the first demo?

Archayos

Years
The first demo, hmm, I don't really know. Perhaps I'll make it go upto Healnic City; in which case it'll take about another 3 days.

Oh, speaking of which:
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I won't be around for 11 days, starting from tomorrow; because I'm going for a vacation. In the mean while, Krimm *points at startled Krimm in the corner* will handle the thread. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Heh, I was just looking through the first post and then I saw my name and I was like 'WTF' XD

I think I'll give a few of my thoughts on this game now. Well, let's start with the storyline then. This is one of the things that really interests me, and it's a very mysterious one too.. I wonder who those people are?

I'm liking the region map too, the colours and town icons suit the map a lot.

Human to Human battling, huh? That sounds different and exciting at the same time. I'd love to see where this leads too.
I like the way the Gyms are optional too; they can be a pain sometimes when you can't beat them and you're stuck on them for days.

The custom graphics are awesome and the maps are well done. Something I'm not very good at.
Your inner maps are a hundred times better than Nintendo's as well. I think it makes more sense to have them bigger and with more rooms in them. Are you planning on making the outside maps bigger too?

Just one thing that might need a bit of updating - the battle system. It's not bad and I like the textbox, but I think it needs more changing. Maybe a different/custom backround would look better? And maybe you could change the gender icons too, these ones are kind of hard to see.

Anyway, I hope I get a chance to play the demo before I leave, because this game is looking like it has the potential to be one of the best yet.

Archayos

Years
Glad to see that you commented. Don't worry, the background has been changed. Krimmsy will you keep you occupied with the screenies.

Yes, the story is pretty dark and mysterious. It gets a lot more serious when you come to know the real truth about the screaming voices of a girl behind the locked door in Sildote City.

Also, care to give us some kind of hint as to why you're leaving yet? : D

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
*sigh*

Of course I am banned from the Internet the day he leaves >_<" So I have the Cerulean Sky project folder, however it won't let me access the game OR the test play. If anyone knows how to fix this, please notify me.

I will try to keep this thread active with goodies, however. This weekend I will post a feature map from the game :3

Archayos

Years
I love Finland. <3

I mean, seriously. What do I not have here? An indoor Sauna, a Jacuzzi, a Wifi connection, and my laptop. Ah, and the wifi connection is much faster than my normal internet connection. HOWEVER, I can't work on my damnit game 'cuz I can't map with this mouse. I need to get an external one. ><

Screenshots later. :3

Edit: That's weird, Krimmsy. I didn't encrypt it. What error are you getting? Also, is the .rxproj file present?

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay... allow me a moment to be a complete n00b!

Dis is teh aewsomenes!! U Rok!! Ur a god!! Dis is teh bestes gam Id ever seen her!!

Okay... Now onto the serious part of the post...

Okay, I like the premise of this game, having the gyms as a secondary feature was simply a stroke of genius! I've never seen that before (I may just have to steal it...). And the story seems to be an original one when compared with the generic ones most developers go for, though I think it could use a little depth, though that could just be me and me weird ideas of what a 'Plot' entails, as in a novel length storyline... That human vs. human system seems interesting, definately an interesting idea, though I'll have to reserve complete judgment until I play your demo.

All in all I believe your game has good potential, and you could really go somewhere with it, don't give up and good luck!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Hm, I like this a lot. But you scrapped the day and night idea because you say that your custom tiles are "crappy". I really think you should think that over, you graphics, from what I can tell are very nice. The only problem I see is with the tress.

Overall, they look fine, but the 2 problems I see are the top, and the trunk. The top kinda reminds me of an umbrella, and there isn't too much leaf definition in it either. Now, the trunk is a little scrawny, maybe if you made it a little bigger, or added some root detail. But, the main thing I'd focus on is the top.

Now, this is my first time seeing your game, and from what I can tell, it looks great. I love how you make the main character more involved with the story, like that fight with that grunt. I really hope to see a lot of progress in this, and I hope that you have the determination to complete this game.

Good Luck
Captain Arcane

Archayos

Years
Okay... allow me a moment to be a complete n00b!

Dis is teh aewsomenes!! U Rok!! Ur a god!! Dis is teh bestes gam Id ever seen her!!

Okay... Now onto the serious part of the post...

Okay, I like the premise of this game, having the gyms as a secondary feature was simply a stroke of genius! I've never seen that before (I may just have to steal it...). And the story seems to be an original one when compared with the generic ones most developers go for, though I think it could use a little depth, though that could just be me and me weird ideas of what a 'Plot' entails, as in a novel length storyline... That human vs. human system seems interesting, definately an interesting idea, though I'll have to reserve complete judgment until I play your demo.

All in all I believe your game has good potential, and you could really go somewhere with it, don't give up and good luck!

Ah, Yuoaman. I was beginning to think that you left the community, as I haven't seen you post in quite a while. Care to take any guesses at who I am? If not, Krimmsy will explain to you. : D Now, coming to on-topic stuff.

Thanks for the comment about not having the gyms. Like I stated before, I was really, REALLY expecting comments like "OMG NO GYMS OMG DIS GAEM IS NO FUN Y U DO DIS OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGG!111oneoneoneone..."; so I'm happy that I'm getting good comments about it.
I can guarantee you that the plot has depth, but this game is a plot driven one, so giving out spoilers in the thread would really ruin the in-game experience. I've been giving really well-placed clues in the screenshots and threads, though.
The HvH system is pretty awesome too, and I can tell that a lot of people will like it.

Hm, I like this a lot. But you scrapped the day and night idea because you say that your custom tiles are "crappy". I really think you should think that over, you graphics, from what I can tell are very nice. The only problem I see is with the tress.

Overall, they look fine, but the 2 problems I see are the top, and the trunk. The top kinda reminds me of an umbrella, and there isn't too much leaf definition in it either. Now, the trunk is a little scrawny, maybe if you made it a little bigger, or added some root detail. But, the main thing I'd focus on is the top.

Now, this is my first time seeing your game, and from what I can tell, it looks great. I love how you make the main character more involved with the story, like that fight with that grunt. I really hope to see a lot of progress in this, and I hope that you have the determination to complete this game.

Good Luck
Captain Arcane

Thanks. Also, about the graphics, you misinterpretated what I meant to say. I'm not saying that the graphics are crappy, but they look VERY bad in the night tint. At least, the colors do. I might get around to changing the tint colors later, but that's not my first priority. There are chances of seeing Day/night in the first demo, though.
Yes, the trees look a bit weird. They looked weird to me when I first put them in too. I'll change them in a bit and put up some new screenies.
Thanks for the positive comments anyway. : D

---------------------

Next update when we hit 40 posts. Keep posting, guys~

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay... one more post 'til the next update.... Cannot wait!!

And I'm going to go and weasel out of Krimm who you are.... ?Santa????

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I didn't realize what you had meant by 'human-to-human' before until last night; wow, that's DEFINITELY original.

Can I borrow that? :P I've been wanting to do a more realistic Pokemon fangame, and that's about as real as it gets - well, I'll have to elaborate on it a little more for my version, of course, just so it doesn't seem like an exact copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back