• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
whoa!

I wouldn't recommend doing that because it would mess up almost all the graphics in the game. If you're willing to remake and realign them all, then just do a simple screen resize.

He's right ?Alistair?, I wouldn't recommend that. I'm having a hard time adjusting everything on the screen(scripts), and it is not easy nor pleasant.

But if you want to change the screen size anyway, then go to the "SpriteResizer" script and edit the first lines:
#-----------
module Graphics
@@width=512
@@height=384
#-----------
Those are mine, they're the ones for the DS's resolution. Or (480x320 for the GBA's). You must know that every size/measure here is doubled.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
OK this isn't a large problem, but I want to make an Item that allows you to warp from one place to a specific place.
I have this script and everything works fine, but when the script finishes, i get a text box that says, "Can't use that item here." Its just a cosmetic error, but I want to know how to get rid of it. Thx a bunch. I placed this in PokemonItems tab of script.

when PBItems::TRWATCH
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Do you want to warp to the Rocket Headquarters?"))
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\PN warps to Rocket Headquarters."))
Audio.se_play('Audio/SE/018-Teleport01', 100, 100)
$game_screen.start_flash(Color.new(255, 255, 255, 160), 5)
$game_map.setup(34)
$game_player.moveto(25,21)
$game_player.straighten
$game_map.update
$game_map.autoplay
$scene = Scene_Map.new
Graphics.transition(20)
return 2
else
return 2
end

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
Years
Does anyone have the headbutt animation from the older versions? Because in the newest version it appears to be bugged. (The July 21 release)

Thx a lot!

Years
If I was to remake, say, Emerald with Essentials, is there any capability for me to have a Pal-Park type area in another game, where I could send my Emerald Pokémon?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey, i have problem when i use command to call scene like pbShowBag or trainercard that doesnt work i got error.

Fraot

Years
*sigh*

If I was to remake, say, Emerald with Essentials, is there any capability for me to have a Pal-Park type area in another game, where I could send my Emerald Pokémon?

Wut?!
Are you serious?!... ... ... man, this is bad. How can you transfer pokémon from another pokémon game? THERE'S NO WAY.

Please, be logic, if Pokémon Essentials were a hack, then there could be a posibility. But... gosh! It's impossible. If you find a way to extract data from .pkm files then you'll have my respect.

@venom12: "Hey, i have problem when i use command to call scene like pbShowBag or trainercard that doesnt work i got error. "

To call a scene it is "$scene = Scene_x.new", where 'x' is the name of the class, in this case, scene. I think the "pb" is to call other kind of scenes, like the town map. I don't know exactly but, it's not used to call scenes like the bag.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Wut?!
Are you serious?!... ... ... man, this is bad. How can you transfer pokémon from another pokémon game? THERE'S NO WAY.

Please, be logic, if Pokémon Essentials were a hack, then there could be a posibility. But... gosh! It's impossible. If you find a way to extract data from .pkm files then you'll have my respect.
Don't claim without proof, this is an extremley simple feat. All it requires is a simple load of the trainers party from the other save file, a little coding here and there, and encounters can be made utilising the pokemon from the trainer's party ;). You even gave me an idea on how to do it for Blue Chrome to transfer PKMN between Heroes and Explorers.

Fraot

Years
Don't claim without proof, this is an extremley simple feat. All it requires is a simple load of the trainers party from the other save file, a little coding here and there, and encounters can be made utilising the pokemon from the trainer's party ;). You even gave me an idea on how to do it for Blue Chrome to transfer PKMN between Heroes and Explorers.

Whatever, the .pkm files' coding is different that the Essentials's, and I think there's no way to decode those files in order to make them loadable for Essentials later.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Whatever, the .pkm files' coding is different that the Essentials's, and I think there's no way to decode those files in order to make them loadable for Essentials later.

There's probably a way, but not many would be capable of doing it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2011
The coding is COMPLETELY different. Pokemon games use their own coding and engine, while Pokemon Essentials uses the RPG Maker coding. So, in short, it's impossible without creating a way to connect the two games and have them communicate through a bridge, which is damn near impossible without getting down to the exact coding and information that is transfered, and the reprogramming Pokemon Essentials to understand, decode, and use that information.

Honestly, I'm not one to say things are completely impossible, but with it's extremely improbable that someone would take the time to do that, considering the massive amount of detailed coding necessary.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Ah, sorry, I thought he meant transfer between two RMXP games, but still transfering between a real pokemon game and an rmxp game is feasable, I would look into it, if I had experience in C >_>

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2009
I'm having a current problem with RPG Maker in general, and I was wondering if I could get help. I had this same problem with VX as well...But at random times, a bunch of my imported graphics files are ignored...it's weird...it treats them as blanks. I can reload them all, but it will just pretend they're not there everytime I close and re-open RPG Maker...it's very annoying and if anyone can help me...I love you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Are you sure you haven't got any other files in the same folder with the same name, but a different extension? That could be the problem...

I'm pretty sure NikNaks wants to transfer his Pokemon to another RMXP game, not to D/P/Pt :P
Anyway, transferring Pokemon between two RMXP games isn't that hard if you know a bit of scripting. You'd simply load the save of your other game, add the Pokemon from that to your actual save, then resave the other save file after removing the Pokemon.
Loading/saving Pokemon from a Nintendo game would be more difficult, though. You wouldn't be able to do it without an external device, since you'd have to copy the D/P/Pt save to a computer. DS games aren't rewritable, so you couldn't recode it to send the data through Wi-Fi; you need an external device. Once you've done that, you'd have to find where the Pokemon are stored in the sav file. Then, you'd need to figure out the encryption and data structure, and load the data to a new PokeBattle_Pokemon object. Saving would probably be the same, but in reverse; however, I think that the D/P/Pt saves are protected by a checksum, so you'd also have to recalculate that.
Loading pkm files is much easier, since they're not encrypted. A pkm file is just the decrypted and unshuffled Pokemon data; the actual structure is identical to the original data. If you can crack pkm files, that's half the journey to loading them directly from the game. The only problem with using pkms is that you'd need another program to actually extract those from a save file.
It's pretty complex, but nowhere near impossible. If you have a good grasp of RGSS, and figure out how Pokemon are actually stored in the DS games, then you should be able to do it.

But how do I know all this? ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2009
Well...that isn't the case...because the files aren't even appearing...and plus, it worked perfectly fine beforehand...then I went into the editor, added a pokemon to one of the trainers...compiled it...and when I went to playtest it, and it said that Graphics/Characters/Red couldn't be found...even though it was in there. I previewed the file in my materials...and it's blank. even though it's clearly in the folder...no matter how much I re-import it all...in the end...it just disappears. I've also noticed they only tend to be files I personally added. They all worked fine before...but with time, it just messes up. I'm thinking it might be a Vista-related problem possibly, but who knows. VX did the same thing to me, so I eventually refused to use it anymore, but I'd really like to continue this Pokemon game. Oh and even if I start a new one and load everything and stuff, it all goes away again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Try changing the metadata entry to Red.png instead of just Red. Other than that, I have no idea...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Are you sure you haven't got any other files in the same folder with the same name, but a different extension? That could be the problem...

I'm pretty sure NikNaks wants to transfer his Pokemon to another RMXP game, not to D/P/Pt :P
Anyway, transferring Pokemon between two RMXP games isn't that hard if you know a bit of scripting. You'd simply load the save of your other game, add the Pokemon from that to your actual save, then resave the other save file after removing the Pokemon.
Loading/saving Pokemon from a Nintendo game would be more difficult, though. You wouldn't be able to do it without an external device, since you'd have to copy the D/P/Pt save to a computer. DS games aren't rewritable, so you couldn't recode it to send the data through Wi-Fi; you need an external device. Once you've done that, you'd have to find where the Pokemon are stored in the sav file. Then, you'd need to figure out the encryption and data structure, and load the data to a new PokeBattle_Pokemon object. Saving would probably be the same, but in reverse; however, I think that the D/P/Pt saves are protected by a checksum, so you'd also have to recalculate that.
Loading pkm files is much easier, since they're not encrypted. A pkm file is just the decrypted and unshuffled Pokemon data; the actual structure is identical to the original data. If you can crack pkm files, that's half the journey to loading them directly from the game. The only problem with using pkms is that you'd need another program to actually extract those from a save file.
It's pretty complex, but nowhere near impossible. If you have a good grasp of RGSS, and figure out how Pokemon are actually stored in the DS games, then you should be able to do it.

But how do I know all this? ;)
The extraction of the .pkmn file is easily done utilisting the Pokemon Box organizer available on the Project Pokemon forums. BTW Wichu, can I have the .rxproj to your ROM editor, I would like to do a little more investigating into the extraction of data from the sav files ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I think that the .rxproj file is basically the same for all RMXP games. Try copying it from one of yours. Alternatively, replace the Scripts file with the file in RHXP to see the scripts. But I don't know why you want to do that, since ROM editing is different from sav editing...

Also, it is a lot more convenient to be able to load Pokemon data straight from the save, rather than having to extract it with another program first. That's why I suggested it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Oh, ok I hadn't yet downloaded the file, so I didn't realize you didn't compress it, I assumed you did >_>. The reason I asked was I just wanted to have a look at how you told RMXP to access the NDS file etc ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I just used the standard File class; that's how Essentials accesses the PBS and other files. You can use things like file.pos (the current offset) and file.getc (reads one byte from the file) to read data. Alternatively, you could use poccil's IO extension; the fgetb, fgetw, and fgetdw methods were designed to read a byte, a word, and a double word respectively in the GBA format (can't remember the name, but it's the one where byte order is reversed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back