• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite soundtrack in a Pokemon game?

Turbo_Dee

DisrespectDead
Years
I can't really decide on a game which has my favourite soundtrack, but rather each games has a few of my favourites in them. As well as the ones already mentioned, I have to throw the Regi's theme from R/S/E into the mix. Truly delightful, and they cap off the mystery and the journey to reach the pokemon perfectly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
My favorite was the Gen III sountrack, with Lavender Town Theme(the RGBY and FRLG Versions) the favorite song in the series, the close second being Red's theme.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
The original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's soundtrack probably moved me more than any other game's soundtrack. Aside from that, I tip my hat off to HgSs and its explosion of old songs, new songs, old remixes of new songs, and original songs. I think it's the biggest soundtrack I have with me right now. It helps that I liked many of the remixes of the Kanto themes to begin with.

Years
My fave Pokemon game music would have to be from Black and White.

It has a nice mix of soothing and epic music.

These ones are among my faves:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I'd have to say that HG/SS, D/P/Pt and B/W are tied for 1st for me.
HG/SS because of the Suicune battle, the Champion battle, and the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle.
D/P/Pt because of Cynthia's music (both before you battle her and in-battle).
B/W because of the Team Plasma battle theme.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's between the music from RSE and the music from Black and White. Hoenn is my favorite mainly cause the music is so spectacular. Every route you go, you hear hundreds of blaring trumpets , pianos, and rolling drums.
And for Black and White, alot of it blew me away. It's just beautifully composed and just an awesome mix and I love how in some city the music has layers and extra instruments can be added on when talking to certain NPCs. My favorite in BW is Village Bridge because it always takes me away cause it's beautiful, plus I love how I can listen to something slightly different each time I go.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My vote would be Myster Dungeon Time/SpaceDarkness/Sky if I would count side games.

For the main series, I would probably go with B2/W2 although it has a lot of remixes of old B/W music. It's original music is fantastic, add to a already good soundtrack.

I also give a special mention to G/S/C, even if HG/SS ruined a lot of the soundtrack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ruby/Sapphire had one of my favorite game soundtracks ever. The music was catchy, especially in Slateport. I also like the Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky soundtrack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
RBGY, RSE & BW2 had the best soundtracks imo.

GSC was pretty nice too, DPPt was eh to me.

But, RBGY and RSE being the most memorable for me.

Back