• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well uh... last time I said DarkViolet was getting a major makeover. Originally I was going to move to Ruby as a rom base, and use R/S/E style graphics.

But you know what? Screw 3rd Gen, as Spiky-Eared Pichu has shown that you can do a lot with 4th Gen with his hack, DarkDiamond.

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, this is basically a remake of the original 1st Gen Pokémon games, but with a more developed plot, resulting in (IMO), a more engaging Kanto experience.

Features:
*All Gym Leaders have new teams (except Brock)
*All Elite Four members have new teams
*Kanto music in it's original key
*The Team Rocket plot is slightly expanded. You can expect to see what Archer and Arianna were doing 3 years before HG/SS.
*Kanto Dex expanded 210 Pokemon.
*Some of the R/B/FR/LG dialogue is kind of odd... so they might get changed around a little bit
*Battles with your pseudo-rival, Red/Green. They'll have the starter that is weak to yours, while Blue has the starter that has the advantage over yours. Say, if you're playing as Red and you picked Charmander, then Blue will have Squirtle, and Green will have Bulbasaur.
*Battle Frontier, located on one of the Sevii Islands... haven't decided which one yet XD!
*I don't care about nostalgia. Therefore, I will do my best to make this game actually seem like a modern Pokemon game.
*SCREW NOSTALGIA!!!!
*Some more stuff... whatever

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

*Blue's sprite will eventually be changed to match his younger FR/LG appearance

http://www.mediafire.com/?as7yybl8gnksrve

It's a UPS patch, so that's why it's really big. I don't know of any other DS patching files.

Oddities:
*Oak's lab assistants have the same HG/SS dialogue
*Daisy has the same HG/SS dialogue
*All battle sprites are unchanged
*For some reason it plays the Johto wild battle music

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
For some reason (and in my personal opinion), using HG seems more natural...
I love to see how the sprite for Leaf will look like in 4th Gen.
Not only that, it would be interesting to see how you'll deal with areas like Mt Moon(then again, you're good at this, so it wouldn.t be that much of a problem.)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This looks mega awesome but since the Kanto dex is gonna have 210 pokemon who will the extras be?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow, this is amazing! I love how you have figured out so much about hacking 4th Gen, and have put it to good use. Keep it up!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm surprised to see an HG hack.
We can now actually make scripts with that base now?

Anyway, I wish you for the best with this hack.
I'm looking forward with this hack as well. ;)

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
Years
I don´t like Kanto but actually i love the Idea hacking the 4th in a projekt
The most exiting is that you don´t stick to nostalgie thats a great Cadre
I hope that it doesn´t keep so long till the first good B/W hack

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
For some reason (and in my personal opinion), using HG seems more natural...
I love to see how the sprite for Leaf will look like in 4th Gen.
Not only that, it would be interesting to see how you'll deal with areas like Mt Moon(then again, you're good at this, so it wouldn.t be that much of a problem.)
I'm not too sure how I'll deal with Mt. Moon. In the GBA DarkViolet, I made a compromise by saying that the small room in HG/SS is how it normally looks, and a Hiker discovered a much larger tunnel that resembled the original Mt. Moon map, pretending that the larger tunnel got blocked off 3 years later. Unfortunately I can't replicate that, as it would require map editing, which you can't really do with 4th gen yet.

But Mt. Moon is hardly a problem compared to Silph. Co and Cinnabar.

This looks mega awesome but since the Kanto dex is gonna have 210 pokemon who will the extras be?
Mainly the Gen I Pokemon's Gen II and IV evolutions, such as Magby and Rhyperioir. Don't worry, it's going to be as Kanto as possible, so you won't be seeing any Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon.

I'm surprised to see an HG hack.
We can now actually make scripts with that base now?

Anyway, I wish you for the best with this hack.
I'm looking forward with this hack as well. ;)
With PPRE, yes, we can make scripts. Though it's a lot more annoying without a visual reference. But it's nice not having to keep track of offsets, so unlike 3rd Gen hacking, making a mistake is no big deal. Scripting is similar to 3rd Gen, but there's some functions I'm not too sure of but are necessary to use, such as whatever 'CheckLR 5' does.

Also, the Alpha release will contain Pallet Town and Route 1, just like the original GBA alpha. I know it's short, but I'm doing it to prove that what I've done is really possible.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Well uh... last time I said DarkViolet was getting a major makeover. Originally I was going to move to Ruby as a rom base, and use R/S/E style graphics.

But you know what? Screw 3rd Gen, as Spiky-Eared Pichu has shown that you can do a lot with 4th Gen with his hack, DarkDiamond.

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, this is basically a remake of the original 1st Gen Pokémon games, but with a more developed plot, resulting in (IMO), a more engaging Kanto experience.

Features:
*All Gym Leaders have new teams (except Brock)
*All Elite Four members have new teams
*Kanto music in it's original key
*The Team Rocket plot is slightly expanded. You can expect to see what Archer and Arianna were doing 3 years before HG/SS.
*Kanto Dex expanded 210 Pokemon.
*Some of the R/B/FR/LG dialogue is kind of odd... so they might get changed around a little bit
*Battles with your pseudo-rival, Red/Green. They'll have the starter that is weak to yours, while Blue has the starter that has the advantage over yours. Say, if you're playing as Red and you picked Charmander, then Blue will have Squirtle, and Green will have Bulbasaur.
*Battle Frontier, located on one of the Sevii Islands... haven't decided which one yet XD!
*I don't care about nostalgia. Therefore, I will do my best to make this game actually seem like a modern Pokemon game.
*SCREW NOSTALGIA!!!!
*Some more stuff... whatever

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

*Blue's sprite will eventually be changed to match his younger FR/LG appearance

Thanks a lot for the reference to my hack! This hack looks very promising, and if you need some help, I'm available here! Although currently I'm a bit busy...

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Awsome, Hopefully your hack will finally burst the gates for 4th gen hacking over editing.

Some ideas for Silph, just make the elevator/strairs in Silph warp to the Radio Tower's floors, and change the people in it.

For Pokemon Tower, I have no idea.

For Mt. Moon, mabye edit a warp to direct you to Union Cave, but start from the bottem and go up?

If you need sprite help, well, not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good in the DPtHGSS style, (though I doubt you need any help) Since you will need Red's Back Sprite made, a New Giovanni Sprite(mabye), and Lorelei, Agatha, and Retro Blue sprites.

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
Years
Will you involve some newer Poki?(Would be cool to get Poki like Mudkip Geweiher or Shinux on Routes or in events)
(sry if the english names are different...)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
While it is quite possible with HGSS to do OW battles for pokemon, IMO when you finish the whole game, It would be cool to make an -X version, that has all other Pokemon Available, like 1 493 patch.

Years
Good to see what you've been doing lately, Chaos Rush :)

Although I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed we don't get to see a GBA DarkViolet- I would have found it interesting to see the changes you'd have made.

I guess we'll still get to see said changes you had planned, though it'll be more difficult to implement them, no doubt. What you've managed so far is great, though- I hope, for the sake of this project, that someone cracks the whole 4th-gen mapping thing :P

As always, you have my support. Feel free to PM me when you want some private feedback or whatever.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Toa77

A Creative Writer
Years
Excellent, this is back! This is one of my more favorite hacks, so I can't wait to play the Alpha, even if it is short. But...ah, I'll ask when the patch is available.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thanks for the feedback everybody. Now it's pressuring me to finish up the alpha ;_; lol

Excellent, this is back! This is one of my more favorite hacks, so I can't wait to play the Alpha, even if it is short. But...ah, I'll ask when the patch is available.

Well, I'm having some trouble perfecting the first rival battle script. Once that's done, I have to edit Blue to look like how he did in FR/LG, then I have to make sprites for Green (or "Leaf" as a lot of you guys like to call her), both overworld and in-battle. Then I have to make some music changes which shouldn't take that long, then I have to somehow change the intro sprites. And THEN the alpha will be released.

Also I'm toying with the idea of making Prof. Oak have blond hair like his OW sprite in FR/LG to help make it feel like 3 years earlier, and Cameron the Photographer will no longer be bald.

Edit: @giradialkia: There is no doubt that this will be impossible without map editing. But, I'm going to try and do as much as I can without map editing, and hopefully by the time I reach the point where map editing is necessary, there might be a map editor.

EDIT: You guys seriously don't know how much frustration was put into just having this work properly:
violetrev5714448.png
violetrev0214660.png
violetrev0514866.png

Last edited:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
T'was wondering, once, not if, you finish this, will there be a possibility that you will relase a Yellow version? iirc the only changes would be the rival's team, your startng pokemon, Jessie and James, and that little script with Oak at the begining.

Also, what are your plans for the rocks south of Fushia? iirc they won't move unless the e4 is cleared, and certain events are taken care of.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Figure I do not understand the Pokemon you a heart of gold when the hacker to publish?Your golden heart to me before hackers can play under it? can then be sent to my mailbox now! My mailbox: [email protected], I can help you test! Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
T'was wondering, once, not if, you finish this, will there be a possibility that you will relase a Yellow version? iirc the only changes would be the rival's team, your startng pokemon, Jessie and James, and that little script with Oak at the begining.
Of course not. I hate the anime with a passion, and Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. It bugs me how people think Yellow is the true 3rd version, yeah maybe in America, but in Japan the original paired versions was Red & Green, and the true third version was Blue. The Japanese Blue version had more in common with Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum than Yellow does. Ash and his yellow rat can kiss my donkey. You're supposed to start off Kanto with a Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, not some weak rat from Viridian Forest.

Also, what are your plans for the rocks south of Fushia? iirc they won't move unless the e4 is cleared, and certain events are taken care of.
By the time I reach that far, there will probably be known ways to map edit, as I would have had to dealt with Mt. Moon and the Rocket Game Corner by then. And I'm sure it's just a flag that let's you pass, as beating the E4 doesn't clear it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
I noticed this was called Pokémon DarkViolet and was wondering whether or not this was part of your Pokémon Saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back