• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

i just repointed my Sprite-table to 0xC50000 ROM. It works ingame.
Because NSE didnt go with this change i tried OWRE and changed the ini file.
Im using FireRed German:

[BPRD]
Name = Pokémon Feuerrote (Deutsch)
SpriteBank = &HC50000
SpritePaletteHeaders = &H3A501C
SpriteCount = 153

But it doesnt work at all. Nothing is loaded since there arent even any changes to the table yet. Just a blank canvas is loaded, wich size is incredibly big.

Any Help?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi,

i just repointed my Sprite-table to 0xC50000 ROM. It works ingame.
Because NSE didnt go with this change i tried OWRE and changed the ini file.
Im using FireRed German:

[BPRD]
Name = Pokémon Feuerrote (Deutsch)
SpriteBank = &HC50000
SpritePaletteHeaders = &H3A501C
SpriteCount = 153

But it doesnt work at all. Nothing is loaded since there arent even any changes to the table yet. Just a blank canvas is loaded, wich size is incredibly big.

Any Help?

OWRE is extremely outdated. I would suggest moving up to NSE Classic.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Check this post[/URL] I made a while back.

Edit: Should've checked the link first. It's offline.

Hey, could you re-upload it please? I had the same trouble and my Anti-Virus won't let me take it out of quarantine.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have unpacked it myself using UPX and my anti-virus no longer detects the virus, LINK: www(DOT)mediafire(DOT)com/download/et46eddazc618q2/A-Trainer.exe

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
Hello. Does anyone have a source code A-Ptch? Or does anyone know where to find a description of the format APS patches? I want to add support for it in my patcher for android.

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
So I'm trying to learn scripting but I only have XSE version 1.0.0, and none of the tutorials I find works for it. OP's link is dead and google brings up nothing but more dead links. Where the heck is everyone getting XSE ver1.1.1?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 27, 2014
So I'm trying to learn scripting but I only have XSE version 1.0.0, and none of the tutorials I find works for it. OP's link is dead and google brings up nothing but more dead links. Where the heck is everyone getting XSE ver1.1.1?

I know right! All links are junk. The tutorial i watched had a link, site said it was invalid. I googled, just got spam. I EVEN USED BING!!!!! Still no luck. I found XSM on wahackpokemon.com but it was for 1.0.0 and i couldn't open my rom. I figured out the live updated tool but it didn't work. I finally found this page but the link on the first page is also JUNK! Please don't make me use Yahoo! But seriously i just want to make Pokemon Eternal Evergreen.... I have an awesome spawn town.....

I heard HackMew hasn't been on in years. I guess rom hacking is dead? I guess i could try pokescript... OH WAIT! NO I CANT BECAUSE THAT WAS ALSO TAKEN DOWN!!! (*tears*)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
I heard HackMew hasn't been on in years. I guess rom hacking is dead? I guess i could try pokescript... OH WAIT! NO I CANT BECAUSE THAT WAS ALSO TAKEN DOWN!!! (*tears*)

It's definitely not dead. I see there's a bunch of various ROMhacking tools out there making everything easier than ever. But good luck trying to script edit.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

I suggest you try and use XSE v1.1.1 instead of PokéScript.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8qe70zzp45bjf91/Unofficial_XSE.zip

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I suggest you try and use XSE v1.1.1 instead of PokéScript.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8qe70zzp45bjf91/Unofficial_XSE.zip
...This is actually a big problem. People don't know where to look for a current version of XSE and there have been FAR too many times when I've seen someone making mistakes in XSE because they're following 1.1.1 tutorials and they were using 1.0 because they googled it. We really need a central place that new hackers can come and find the latest versions of Hackmew's stuff.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 19, 2018
Hi! I'm using Advance Trainer and I'm getting an error. I added a new sprite to the game via unLz, and unLz loads it consistently every time without errors, so I'm fairly certain that it is being written into the ROM properly, however A-Trainer won't let me select it for use as a sprite.

When I get to the location of the sprite an error pops up saying "Subscript out of Range. LZ77UnComp@modLZ77". Clicking retry or cancel just makes the message reappear, the only way to do anything is to hit Close, which exits A-Trainer.

The Bug Log says: 20140720|183714|6.0.6002|0.9.1|LZ77UnComp|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|3

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Hello!

I'm trying to use SMCA to change the starting location in a hack I'm making but when I try to load the ROM I get the following error message:

Run-time error '380':
Invalid property value

I've applied 3 patches to this ROM already, in this order:

MrDollSteak's De-Cap and Attack ROM Base
JPAN's Hacked Engine
^ Remove Fairy Type Patch

Not sure if that has caused this error, but I assumed I would have to apply the patches before switching the starting location.

Additional information:

ROM - BPRE
Size - 32MB
Further Changes - None
OS - Win7 Pro 32bit

I hope that helps someone understand my problem and hopefully someone knows how to fix this!

EDIT: Please ignore this post! I was able to fix the problem by changing the starting location BEFORE patching the rom! Worked great, thanks for making such an awesome tool, HackMew!
By the way, HackMew was the first username I ever learned when I was first getting into ROM hacking, oh-so long ago! :3

Last edited:
Back