• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Got all that? Okay. You pick a generation. Easy. Now, pick a type. Alright...now, only two Pokemon from that type and generation! :D

I got permission form DeanoDance to put up this challenge, so I hope you find it challenging! (Considering this is my third time typing this cause my computer hates me today)

So, here are the rules:

-Only ONE generation, ONE type(dual types are okay), and TWO Pokemon. No two people may have the same gen/type combo, so always check the entries list.

-No legendaries.

-HM Slaves are permitted, as well are just randomly catching someone, but don't level them up.

-Action Replay/GameShark may be used to get certain Pokemon, but please tell me if you are doing this. PokeSav is not allowed.
Ex: Generation I, Grass, Vileplume and Victreebel(both are only obtainable afer nation dex)

-Only TWO Eggs may be traded.
Ex: Generation II, Dark, Umbreon and Murkrow(Must obtain Eevee Egg, or use method above)

-For Pokemon with new evos that you want in your duo, just make sure you end the game with that duo.
Ex: Eevee + Eterna Forest = Leafeon
Roselia + Shiny Stone = Roserade
However, it is recommended that you do stone evolutions as early as possible. Friendship evolutions get the slide on this.

-Only PokeBalls may be used to catch wild Pokemon, including legendaries.

-Challenge ends after catching your version mascot(Dialga/Palkia), Heatran, and Giratina. And remember, guys, it's not a competition. Just simply a challenge. Some of us can go through the game in five seconds(like my sister), others take it slow, like myself. So no rush!

-For those who need Wi-Fi trades to get certain Pokemon, the challenge technically starts after obtaining the first badge.

-Once you choose your entry, you may not change it unless it is invaild.
Ex: Generation I, Water, Politoed and Golduck
Politoed is generation II, not I

-Have fun and post often! Just don't post spam, please.

Entries:
SilverSmeargleSplatter: Generation IV, Grass, Leafeon and Roserade
DeanoDance: Generation I, Fire, Charizard and Ninetails
Royal Genesis: Generation IV, Ice, Glaceon and Froslass
Apostle: Generation I, Psychic, Jynx and Slowbro
Metakazam: Generation I, Bug, Butterfree and Venomoth
The Postman: Generation IV, Fire, Infernape and Magmortar
BigfootTheUnbeatable: Generation II, Water, Feraligatr and Lanturn
Aloria: Generation IV, Fighting, Toxicroak and Lucario
darkshiek: Generation IV, Dark, Honchkrow and Weavile
Glaceon_: Generation II, Fire, Typhlosion and Houndoom
Rome: Generation IV, Ground, Torterra and Garchomp
MilesVulpixPrower: Generation III, Normal, Delcatty and Linoone
BREAKINGBEN: Generation IV, Steel, Bronzong and Lucario
chi-zukasi: Generation III, Flying, Altaria and Tropius
BeeTooYulou: Generation III, Bug, Ninjask and Masquerain

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
I siad I'd join this, so I'm going to go right ahead and do it. I'll be playing Diamond version, Generation I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetailes). I'll breed the eggs shortly, if somebody could help me to trade them over. Although, don't you need one badge before you can trade? I can't remember.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, you don't.

I traded a Gible, Riolu, and three Combee eggs on my last file at the very beginning.

I would help with the eggs, but...well, no Wi-Fi. D: But, I'll add you to the list. And I forgot to post my version, too...gotta fix that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hn...Gen IV IceGlacion and Frosslass

Thanks for joining, baby! :D

Don't forget your version...although I'm sure it's Pearl.

Okay, I'll update that list then. And I'll be back later to update my progress.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why not try to check the trade center?

First Update!

Name: Mitsuru(female, mind)
Version: Pearl
Generation: IV
Type: Grass
Duo: Leafon and Roserade

Named rival WildMan and watched Red Gyarados on tv. So, me and WildMan head up to Lake Verity and see Rowan and Lucas...they leave. Idiot WildMan drags me into the grass and we're attacked by wild Starly. I chose Piplup, later named Blatant. Got a Pokedex, then bought four Pokeballs and caught two Starly, Stepping and La.

Went to the Union room with Hikari, but I'm not sure which Egg is which...so I traded two Eggs fro Stepping and La. Now, I'm trying to hatch them. Obtained Journal and Parcel...

Team:

Blatant/Piplup lv. 5
Pound
Growl

Egg: Sounds can be heard coming from inside! It will hatch soon! Murkrow hatched from the egg! Female named Markie.
Egg: Sounds can be heard coming from inside! It will hatch soon! Eevee hatched from the egg! Female(Yes!!) named Hailey after a little girl I met in Memphis this past week. I miss her...;-;

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
First Update:

Name: Fire (Female)
Version: Diamond
Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetails)

Started a new game, called my rival Water(?) chose Chimchar, did all the introductory stuff and reached Jublife City. I found out I do need to get the first badge to trade the eggs over, as I can't use the Union Room with only one DS. =[

So I'm going to have to get the badge before I can begin the challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's fine, Deano.

You can easily beat it with only Chimchar/Monferno.

Guess I'm pretty lucky my sister and brother have a DS. xD

Small update:
Name: Mitsuru(female)
Game: Pearl
Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon & Roserade

Trained Hailey to level five, with Blatant running at 7(she kept getting in red, so...yeah)

Traded the other Egg to Pearl for Stooloo, but since I already have what I want, I traded to Egg back for Stepping, who was holding a Shiny Stone this time.

So, I'm still traing by Sandgem...yeah. I'll be last to finish this thing, considering I train for a long time.

Party:
Hailey/Eevee(female) lv. 5
Tackle
Tail Whip
Attract
Helping Hand

Blatant/Piplup(male) lv. 7
Pound
Growl

Markie/Murkrow(female) lv. 1
Astonish
Peck

Steppng/Starly(female) lv. 3
Tackle
Growl

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
Years
Sounds fun enough and my Pearl has remained untouched scince I got it so heck I'll take the challenge. Heres my first upodate

Name: Shawn (Male)

Generation: One

Type: BUG :O

Team: Butterfree and Venemoth

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Can I be fourth gen and fire type
Infernape and Magmortar
Those are the only 2 fire types xD
unless you can use Heatran

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
Wow... D:. That's a.. HUGE Challenge there Silver :). I see you've combined a lot of my past challenges into this. Nice thinking there XD!

I would join this, but I have two others I'm running so I'll have to hold off this time. I might swing by and sign up later if I finish the others though.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Update #2:

Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetales)

I traded my Eggs over, and they hatched (Vulpix was nicknamed Keeara, evolved straight away, Charmander named Smarg). Trained them both to level 5 last night, and this morning I've helped Lucas and Rowan defeat some Galactic Grunts, saved the Valley Windworks, got through Eterna Forest with Cheryl and upto Eterna City.

Team:

Charmeleon (Smarg), Male, Lv. 22
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Scratch
- Scary Face

Ninetales (Keeara), Female, Lv. 20
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Confuse Ray

Bidoof, Female, Lv. 2
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut
-

Badges: 1
Play Time: 3:55

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gees, Deano. D: I spend all my time training...and trying to find a male Budew with Poison Point.

Anyway...

Update #3

Name: Mitsuru
Combo: IV Grass, Leafeon & Roserade
Playtime: 5:51

Caught Budew(James) and trained him to level 9, Hailey to 10. Beat WildMan quite easily, given a little strategy. ;D Found Roark in the mining area and got James to 14, Hailey to 13(she fainted in the mining area).
Battle vs Roark!
Geodude is in love with Hailey, so I used Sand-Attack.
Geodude used Stealth Rock, so I'm just gonna keep up with my Sand-Attack + Tail Whip combo for a bit. Yes, Geodude! Love teh Hailey!! Your Rock Throw shall miiiiiss teh Hailey!! >:D Ugh, Roark. I hate your Potions. D: How 'bout mine? And again! I kill you with my Tackle of DOOM!! >:D

James is in to fight Onix. Mega Drain and bye. Cranidos neraly kills me with Pursuit(leaving me with 6HP) but I get back to 21 with Mega Drain. He used Potion, so do I...Headbutt kills me, but Poison Point takes a victim. Then I send out Hailey to used her Tail Whip + Sand-Attack stall and Poison take Cranidos. Coal Badge get!

Okay, beat Galactic Grunts, but still preparing for inside Valley Windworks.

Party:
Hailey/Eevee lv. 18
Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Attract

James/Budew lv. 17
Absorb, Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Growth

Blatant/Piplup lv. 7
Pound, Growl

Markie/Murkrow lv. 1
Peck, Astonish

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Update #1

Coal Badge
Started adventure, Trainer: Kitty
Picked Chimchar
Reached Sandgem
Ran to Oreburgh town
Trained in grass
Chimchar Evolved
Swept the Gym leader with Mach Punch
Traded Magby from Diamond to Pearl
Trained Magby to lvl 16

Forest Badge
Reached Jubilife City
Battled Grunts in double battle
Went to Florma town
Battled Team Galatic in Valley Windworks
Healed up pokemon and headed to Eterna Forest
Helped Cherl threw the forest
Magby beat the trainers in the gym with ember
Monferno beat the gym leader with Flame Wheel
Taught Monferno Grassknot

Cobble Badge
Beat the Galatic team in their building.
Got bike
BAttled all the trainers on the cycling road
reached mt coronet
battled the trainers till Hearthhome city
battled Rival
Healed pokemon and headed to the next city
Went threw the tower before Solaceon town and got Strength
Made it to Vielstone city
Beat the gym
Saved and Quit

Level 33 Monferno
Level 30 Magmar

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Update #3:

Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetales)

Done quite alot since my last update. Eterna City Gym was a doddle, since I am using Fire-types. I saved the Eterna Building from Team Galactic, got the Bike and travelled down Cycling Road. Healed in Oreburgh before heading East to Hearthome. Did the stuff in the Contest Hall, headed East again to Solaceon Town. Healed, travelled to the top of the Ruined Tower and got the Strength HM. I found out that Bidoof can't learn Strength, so I'll be replacing him with Bibarel later on so he can Surf and Strength as well as Rock Smash and Cut. Before I reached Veilstone, Smarg fell to a Gyarados' Critical hit Thrash in a double battle, so I had to throw Bidoof in there while Keeara cleaned up, so Bidoof leveled up to 7. Bidoof has now been released, and I'll get another one/Bibarel instead. Smarg evolved while training in the Gym, and Keeara had no problem dealing with Maylene after a Nasty Plot. Next step is to help Lucas get his Pokédex back from Team galactic.

Team:

Charizard (Smarg), Male, Lv. 36
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Wing Attack
- Fire Fang

Ninetales (Keeara), Female, Lv. 31
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Confuse Ray

Happiny Egg

Badges: 3
Play Time: 6:44

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, you people are so fast. D: I'm so slow...training for a million years. But I take the wrap for that one, considering grass has five weaknesses.

Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade
Badges: 1
Playtime: 8:48

Okay, I beat the Valley Windworks, but of course, I was thinking that it was Skuntank...it was Purugly. No problem there. It got poisoned and DIED. So I trained like a mad man in Eterna Forest. I actually just got out and I'm picking berries. xD Oh, and Hailey evolved. Whoot! James still has a way to go, but I can check his friendship level with that Poketch app.

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 23
Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Attract

James/Budew lv. 23

Piplup: Using for Surf and Waterfall
Geodude: Using for Strength and Rock Smah
Murkrow: Using for Fly

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
I'd like to sign up.

Generation II
Type: Water
Pokemon: Feraligatr and Lanturn

Started new game, then chose Turtwig as starter. Been training with him. Captred Starly and Geodude. Just got through Jubilife and crap and I'm ready to take on Roark soon after a bit more training. Planning on trading over Totodile and Chinchou after I beat first gym.

On a side note, the Totodile is Shiny! I'm excited!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's awesome, Bigfoot. :D

Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay, Gardenia was easier than I thought she would be. Took a lot of Growth from James(he should be about 7 feet tall now) and lots of Hailey's Sand-Attacks. Jupiter was strikingly easy, too. Which is pretty odd...anywho, I went down Cycling Road and through that route and got to Hearthome and did the Contest crap. Beating WildMan was...easy, again. James murdered Grotle and Buizel, while Hailey ate Ponyta and Starly. Currently in Solaceon Ruins.

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 29
Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Attract

James/Budew lv. 29

Piplup: Cut, lv.7
Geodude: Rock Smash, lv.5
Murkrow: --
Happiny Egg

Back