• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Ah, Smash Bros.! I can say my 2nd favourite game outside of the RPG Genre. I hope to see a Clock Town stage in the new one because Majora's Mask is my favourite game in the Zelda stage. Can't wait to use Megaman though because he is just so awesome and is my favourite platformer!
My favourite in the series is Super Smash Bros. Brawl because I really love the Stage Builder! I don't know why, that's just me. :)

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
So I've been playing Drill Dozer non-stop for the past few days. Now I'm hoping Jill makes the cut (it's a long-shot, but one can dream, right?).

There's a rumor I found on 4chan saying that this week on Wednesday or Thursday, there will be a Nintendo Direct with a new SSB4 trailer featuring Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Peach as our returning veterans and Wonder Red as our newcomer. The trailer will also show N's Castle from the 3DS version and Honeyhive Galaxy from the Wii U version. The rumor was posted this Monday, but I would take it with a grain of salt since tomorrow is Wednesday and Nintendo hasn't announced a Direct yet.

Eh, we'll see. Just a few weeks ago, a rumor on 4chan was going around saying that ZSS was going to be announced around late August. Of course, that didn't happen at all.

EDIT:

AAAANNNDDD Peach is announced.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

screen-5.jpg

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I love SSB! It's a great party game and I'm looking forward to all the new characters and stages. Maybe there will be a character I can kick butt with. All I'm saying is that, you know you aren't very good when your best character is Bowser. XD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah, it looks like Peach has slightly altered attacks from Super Smash Bros Brawl, uuut no surprise that she made it in SSBB4!

I'm wondering guys - for those of you who want to get SSBB4, are you going to get it for the 3DS, or for the Wii U?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Yeah, it looks like Peach has slightly altered attacks from Super Smash Bros Brawl, uuut no surprise that she made it in SSBB4!

I'm wondering guys - for those of you who want to get SSBB4, are you going to get it for the 3DS, or for the Wii U?

I'm not planning to get a Wii U anytime soon, and it would take a LOT more than just SSB4 for me to even consider it. I'm getting it for the 3DS, definitely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
screen-7.jpg

I guess this pretty much disconfirms Toad as a playable character, as well as possibly any new Mario rep due to the series already being complete with the most iconic characters (Waluigi and Bowser Jr. don't have enough star power to be in the same ranks as the big 4, and Paper Mario would only create a time paradox within the Mario universe like Dr. Mario since they both take place in the same universe).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Everyone thought Toon Link was going to get axed because of his appearance as a background character in the Spirit Tracks stage, even though that's not the same Toon Link. Good thing this confirmation has put all of this worry to rest, though I'm quite surprised that Sakurai has revealed a traditionally hidden character before the game's release for a second time. This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I knew Toon Link would be back, especially with Wind Waker HD. I suppose this kills any hope anyone had for a "Classic Link".

I already planned to get the 3DS version. But now that I finally bought a Wii U (WWHD Bundle!! :D ), I may get both if the differences are large enough.
Eh, who am I kidding? I'm getting both regardless.

Everyone thought Toon Link was going to get axed because of his appearance as a background character in the Spirit Tracks stage, even though that's not the same Toon Link. Good thing this confirmation has put all of this worry to rest, though I'm quite surprised that Sakurai has revealed a traditionally hidden character before the game's release for a second time. This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).

What if they aren't hidden this time? xD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).
Such is the follow of trying to fit a pattern to a small sample. The game was only announced some months ago after all.

There is a 'stronger' pattern though, to be said, but a clearer one - some of the reveals have clearly tied to releases for the franchise. Olimar for Pikmin, for instance, Toon Link for the Wind Waker HD release... so if people want to speculate, Pokémon's coming up soon, Sonic has a chance near the end of October, and there's the ALttP sequel after that too.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Tink is still in omg yes <3 I was worried I was gonna have to drop my mains (Lucas and Tink) but at least I have one of them.

And I'll probably be getting SSB4 on Wii U since I'm sure 90% of the competitive community will be on the Wii U

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
By standing next to Peach in the first picture, Link immediately fooled me into thinking that she was actually Princess Zelda. xD Is Zelda going to be in the game, anyway? If she is, then that's awesome! I loved using her in Melee and Brawl. I hope they use the same Zelda from Skyward Sword, because in my opinion, that was the best-looking design that Zelda ever had. If she is not going to be in SSB, then are they at least planning to include her in some capacity, maybe as some sort of a DLC character? Also, how about Ganon, the arch-nemesis of Link and Zelda? Are they going to have him in the game as well?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
By standing next to Peach in the first picture, Link immediately fooled me into thinking that she was actually Princess Zelda. xD Is Zelda going to be in the game, anyway? If she is, then that's awesome! I loved using her in Melee and Brawl. I hope they use the same Zelda from Skyward Sword, because in my opinion, that was the best-looking design that Zelda ever had. If she is not going to be in SSB, then are they at least planning to include her in some capacity, maybe as some sort of a DLC character? Also, how about Ganon, the arch-nemesis of Link and Zelda? Are they going to have him in the game as well?
She's not yet been confirmed, but I think it's nigh a given that she will be revealed sooner or later. (As said above, maybe the timing of the LoZ game on the 3DS will suit hers, or Ganon's, reveal). They're staple and iconic characters, much like Bowser and Peach are, I'd say.

I don't think DLC is something they're initially or currently planning for? At least, that's from vague memory from an article.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Such is the follow of trying to fit a pattern to a small sample. The game was only announced some months ago after all.

There is a 'stronger' pattern though, to be said, but a clearer one - some of the reveals have clearly tied to releases for the franchise. Olimar for Pikmin, for instance, Toon Link for the Wind Waker HD release... so if people want to speculate, Pokémon's coming up soon, Sonic has a chance near the end of October, and there's the ALttP sequel after that too.

But Peach's reveal wasn't tied to current releases from this year; she was revealed on the anniversary release of the first SMB game rather than 3D World.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
But Peach's reveal wasn't tied to current releases from this year; she was revealed on the anniversary release of the first SMB game rather than 3D World.
I'm perfectly aware, which is why I said that one shouldn't rely too much on patterns, and also put 'stronger' pattern in quotation marks. Anniversaries do work too, but then one could draw a whole list of dates significant to a franchise/character and expect them to be revealed then and there. And that's assuming that Sakurai will reveal all of the characters prior to release, which I personally doubt.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm perfectly aware, which is why I said that one shouldn't rely too much on patterns, and also put 'stronger' pattern in quotation marks. Anniversaries do work too, but then one could draw a whole list of dates significant to a franchise/character and expect them to be revealed then and there. And that's assuming that Sakurai will reveal all of the characters prior to release, which I personally doubt.

And now part of that "stronger" pattern was broken by the time Sanic Hedgehog Sonic was revealed 27 days before his game is even out this month (that's a very large gap).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm glad that they're starting to introduce more non-Nintendo characters. It honestly is a great idea, in my opinion, because this not only gives them a wider range of characters to choose from, but it also gives a little bit of exposure to gaming franchises that are unrelated to Nintendo. Aaanyway... I'm expecting Sonic to be one of the quickest characters in-game. His attacks might turn out not to be very powerful, but due to his agility skills, it should be quite hard to land any hits on him successfully. He may be able to have good jumping skills, too, which would allow him to get to one place from another within just a couple of seconds.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm glad that they're starting to introduce more non-Nintendo characters. It honestly is a great idea, in my opinion, because this not only gives them a wider range of characters to choose from, but it also gives a little bit of exposure to gaming franchises that are unrelated to Nintendo. Aaanyway... I'm expecting Sonic to be one of the quickest characters in-game. His attacks might turn out not to be very powerful, but due to his agility skills, it should be quite hard to land any hits on him successfully. He may be able to have good jumping skills, too, which would allow him to get to one place from another within just a couple of seconds.

Sonic has already been that type of character since Brawl. Also, having more non-Nintendo characters isn't very much a good idea, because it takes away the main purpose of the Smash Bros. games: playing as Nintendo's biggest all-stars, which is why Sakurai is trying to keep the number of guest characters to a minimum.

Nakala Pri

I've played the the Nintendo 64 version, Melee and Brawl. I liked Brawl the best, my favorite character was Zero Suit Samus and my least favorite was... well, I didn't really have one, haha. xD

The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic! ^^

But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D

Back