• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
what about this whole thing about the starters?

I'm hearing that you pick up where you left off with the starter at level 50 with Zekrom/Reshirim all over the internet.

Uhhh yeah no, that'd significantly halve the gameplay which is not a good thing :x

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I must say these are pretty elaborate fakes........but if all of what I seen is real I'll will be bouncing off the walls. :D :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
New from Pokejungle:

We're all eagerly awaiting 2ch scans, but let's keep ourselves entertained. Remember these are FAKE, Serebii will get mad at me if you believe anything until we have actual information

Wasn't even going to do these, but got a strong reaction on Twitter/Facebook to post them. These are translated from 2ch:

- Team Plasma is back
- N is missing
- Story takes place two years after BW
- Kyurem, Darmanitan, and Cryogonal have new forms
- New Pokemon
- Cheren is now a gym leader
- Adventure begins in Castelia City
<3 pokejungle

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is this a rumour or something he made up himself? lol. Since idk from that wording sorta confused. :x

I want Castelia City, two years and new Pokemon. ;__; Forms appears to be the only likely thing imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I swear I didn't see the translated line before. o_O Yeah I really don't think N will be gone, so I'm leaning definitely towards fake. ;x

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
And more onto that added to the 2ch post:
C-gear functions upgrade
same starters with some new secret
new places and towns on the map
main charas are 17
more 3D than BW
next issue: new pokemon

They claim they have Coro Coro and got all the info from that.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'm also leaning towards fake, or at least partially fake when it comes to N. You don't throw away a sequel hook like that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh I swear I didn't see the translated line before. o_O Yeah I really don't think N will be gone, so I'm leaning definitely towards fake. ;x

well

- Team Plasma is back
- N is missing
- Story takes place two years after BW
- Cheren is now a gym leader

These four are pretty much Gold/Silver rehashing.

TR disbanded and reforms in Johto to search for their missing Leader who left to a far away region for personal reasons after losing to Red.

Team Plasma reforms to search for N after N leaves for personal reasons after losing to Hilda/Hilbert.

Story takes place two years later to give teams time to search and pull a desperate search later.

Main Rival becomes a Gym Leader after failing to achieve Champion Status. I say Cheren is main rival simply because he continues on his Gym Conquest while Bianca pretty much gives up and starts assisting Prof. Juniper about half way through the story.

Kyurem's forms already revealed so no surprise they added that.

Darmanitan.....Unless they make a permanent Zen mode I honestly don't see it happening.

Cryognal...it says in its Pokedex that its body melts away when it is heated to a certain point so we could very well have a new form for it.

Castella, I find hardest to believe even though it is the first area that is cut off from the Entree link. Though it's not likely to become a starting point as you'd have to back track for a Gym badge. Now the character can be from Castella which would be nice, but I don't see it as the starting town.

New Pokemon...I both want and do not want simply because I am not ready for Gen 5 to end.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
And more onto that added to the 2ch post:
C-gear functions upgrade
same starters with some new secret
new places and towns on the map
main charas are 17
more 3D than BW
next issue: new pokemon

They claim they have Coro Coro and got all the info from that.

... :( This seems believable sadly, I want different starters, damnit. But new Pokemon/new locations = want. THEN AGAIN, N/Castelia don't believe. lol. :x

@Xander: Johto kinda things could mean fake or real, idk, because you have the other "leaks" and you have the fact that these are sequels and that Unova was the "new start" soo idk.

I also don't think this could all be in one issue.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

... :( This seems believable sadly, I want different starters, damnit. But new Pokemon/new locations = want. THEN AGAIN, N/Castelia don't believe. lol. :x

You know, Forever, I want to believe in everything that has happened aside from ones that do not make any sense. :(

I guess this comes with a lot of rumours.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
The second set of rumours seem a lot more conservative than the first tbqh and thus they're more believable, although I reaaaaaally want them all to be true hahaha. I'd love a whole "Team Plasma boss is missing" scenario with N plus just because the magazine says he's missing doesn't mean that he'll be completely absent for the whole game; they obviously wouldn't reveal the ending of the game...*shrugs*

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
Possible New Leak: New Pokemon?

I can't Translate Japanese, but I found this Floating around on 4chan:

Spoiler:

It looks like that ghost pokemon that the rumors described

blue

gucci
Years
That's a very low quality scan and it's most likely fake with what all the fake images spreading, no other scans have been leaked as far as were concerned. Also if you found it on 4Chan that pretty much confirms it's fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah just merging with rumours (going to change to rumours/unconfirmed thread @ title) for now. Prove why it should be real etc or not, I don't mind either.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
It was already proven fake on 4chan. The background is from Platinum apparently, which is what gave it away. Also the typography is done very sloppily, leaving white marks in some of the japanese symbols.
The guy posting it claimed his friend works as the head director, which he took a quick snapshot from.

I wouldn't rely on 4chan for the leaks. There are a lot of people posting fake information currently.
Plus 4chan wouldn't get the information before 2ch. Very unlikely anyways. :P

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I concur^, even if it wasn't confirmed fake it already looks horrid as is I would have had major doubts regardless. At least with the two fakes earlier this week with the "new" grass and water starters and the clock tower the people put effort into it. This on the other hand looks like garbage.

On second look, it seems like a poor edit of Frosslas, even more of a tip off.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The starters will have a secret...if true maybe they will come with their Dw abilities...must resist urge to pick Snivy again, it's Tepig's turn...or maybe they all gain formes of their own...Water/Fighting Samurrot? Grass/Psychic Serperior, and Fire/dark Emboar, oh I wish...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The starters will have a secret...if true maybe they will come with their Dw abilities...must resist urge to pick Snivy again, it's Tepig's turn...or maybe they all gain formes of their own...Water/Fighting Samurrot? Grass/Psychic Serperior, and Fire/dark Emboar, oh I wish...

Its prolly a continuation to the Elemental Hyperbeams and Pledge/Oath attacks. A third Starter only set of attacks.

Back