• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto OU Team

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
So, as usual, I am going for a Kanto-exclusive team in OU. So, this team has been working fairly well for me, but since I only just got back into competition and wasn't great before, I have my ups and downs. So, comments would be fantastique! I suppose if this team were to have a theme, it'd be fast-and-hard-hitting Pokémon.

Victor (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Comments: Signature Pokémon. Not easily letting this one go. Good scout with Volt Switch, and great Speed/Special Attack

Stankey (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs:
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch

Comments: I was lacking a decent Physical attacker, so here it is. Not terribly bulky, but quite annoying with DynamicPunch

Jewels (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 2 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Comments: Some support with Rapid Spin, plus decent STAB in Surf.

Myth (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Comments: I have a lot of fun with this guy. Due to Multiscale, she usually gets to set-up at least once and start sweeping. Usually takes down at least 2 Pokémon before she dies.

Rexterro (Nidoking) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Comments: Surprise Special Attacker. Hard to predict what he'll do.

Smiles (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 2 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Comments: Tank here. Not much else.

So, open to comments! Thanks in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Machamp should be using the EV spread of 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe. DynamicPunch can already handle the Steels that Fire Punch can handle, so the latter isn't really needed. ThunderPunch is mostly for Gyarados, IMO. Replace both elemental punches with Payback and Stone Edge, the former for fast Ghosts and Psychics and the latter for fliers.

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
Just so you know, less than 4 EVs in any one stat does nothing for that stat.

If you want to fit your Strike-fast-strike-hard archetype, Machamp is a bit out of place (even if you implement PlatinumDude's suggestions) in the Generation V metagame. This is a bit hard to fix because you're only using Generation I pokemon. Gengar would be a good staple on this team, but then all of your Pokemon except Dragonite are special-based, including Chansey. You can use Shell Smash Cloyster in place of Machamp, too:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash/Life Orb/White Herb
Jolly (Naive if using Hydro Pump) | Skill Link
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
EVs: 4 HP (4 SpAtk if using Hydro Pump)/252 Atk/252 Spe

I'd look in to this if I were you.

Years
Machamp could use Payback to hit ghost types, so you can get rid of thunderpunch for that. Dragonite can use Dragon claw over Outrage because you really don't want to get locked into that Outrage, especially if it's a bulky DD set. And the special Nidoking isn't really unpredictable, because that's the set I see most people run, but it's a good set nonetheless. Thunder wave can go over Toxic on your Chansey, because otherwise you would get completely walled by Gengar, but that's just my opinion. The rest of the team looks pretty good and hard hitting :)

Back