• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves just stopped working?

Grey Metagross

B/W e4 music for the win.
Years
I'm experiencing technical difficulties.

All of a sudden, when I tried to test a new move I'd made, whenever I have a battle and try to use a move, the move doesn't do anything. Even the moves of the other Pokémon in battle can't do anything. I'm really confused and worried! Someone help?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What do you mean? "can't do anything"
You mean it says "Wartortle used Kick To The Face!" Then nothing, or, you click the move and you can just keep clicking a move?

Grey Metagross

B/W e4 music for the win.
Years
It says "Gardevoir used Psychic" but doesn't have anything happen after that. It just skips to the next Pokémon's move, which also doesn't have an effect. No damage or anything. It's as if every single move turned to Splash, but without the descriptive text.

EDIT: Okay, just tested again, and it seems only DAMAGING moves are doing this. I can't for the life of me figure out why, and I'm contemplating starting over from a fresh Essentials... Can someone figure out what the problem is?

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Have you edited the scripts? Because even an if statement can cause things to skip.
I've only had this problem when editing PokeBattle_Battle script.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Out of curiosity, can you attach your PokeBattle_Battle script.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Don't paste it here... Paste into a notepad file then attach that file here.

Back