• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Kanto 3D

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Pokemon Kanto 3D

team-animation.gif

Table of Contents
a. Game Info
b. Plot
c. Features
d. Other
e. Screenshots
f. Team
g. Thanks/If I used your stuff.

Game Info
This game will be made in SKETCHUP7 and BLENDER.
This Game will use BLENDER GAME ENGINE for its engine.
This game will be scripted in PYTHON(if it needs any major scripting)

Plot
Well because of the type of game this is there really isn't a plot besides to see the kanto world in 3D. You will get to play as a male character(more than likely) and there will probably be a seperate game for female trainer. You will get to visit everything that was in the POKEMON FIRERED game.

Features
~No Catchable pokemon(sorry this is just a see the world in 3D you may get to see a few pokemon but that is it :( )
~Entire 3D world :)
~A few pokemon you can see in 3D :)
~Possibly getting to talk with other people(please don't hound me about this one I can't script so I will have to get someone else to do this if it happens at all)
~And hopefully semi quick development :)

Other
Well I am hoping to get a demo out as soon as I can but it all depends on how fast development goes. If you would like in anyway ie. making the imaging that goes on the tiles and such.
~I need someone to eventualy PM me about making a script that you click on a door or touch the door and you get a popup asking you if you want to go into the building please and thank you.
~I also need someone to show me how to make a talking script for someone where if you click on them they will say something to you please and thank you.

Screenshots
Warning these are semi big
Spoiler:

Team
Rockeymon@ Complete design for the game.
Ryan Hekk@ Game Scripter.

Thanks/If I used your stuff
Thanks to Nintendo for inspiring me to make this and a thanks to google/blender for making the programs I am making this in.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Im learning sketchup7, i would like to help! lol.
also theres tiles in the warehouse, but thats kinda cheating :P
this sounds cool, i alway thought kanto was a bit boring, but i think it was meant to be 3d, a lil lol. Good luck!
it looks nice so far. but what about around the aviable areas? thes just wired stuff, im suprised they let this.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I thought this would be really cool until I saw you just had graphics.

Graphics don't make a game, my suggestion is just make the graphics and region, don't release something where you can walk around it just seems silly.

rockeymon

Years
For now the current goals of the game is to make the entire region and all available areas in Firered mapped then I will have to figure out whether I can even consider doing battles or not because I am not capable of that kind of coding but I will garuntee the capability to be able to see the region in 3D with hopefully good graphics. Be able to talk to other people.
Be able to hopefully see a few pokemon( I am planning on having it where you can see pokemon like the legends) You will have the option to swim (yay swimming :) ) and maybe later on in development once I get to making places like cinnabar island you will be able to choose out of a few water pokemon or pokemon capable of learning swim to use to swim there and such.
I plan on making it interactive it's just because it is 3D making the battle graphics and such can't be done in 1 week it takes time and talent.
And so you guys know, the reason I originaly started making this was to develop my skills in 3D graphic making :|

rockeymon

Years
Sorry for double posting in advance.
Okay update.
Pallet Town is complete besides needing to be texturized.
Spoiler:

I have also decided that due to what everyone else wants there will be battles. Now before everyone goes 'yay we get a 3D game and battles' be forewarned that they will not be 3D battles at first. There will be 4 stages in the game. First is Development in the mapping and demos, Second will be Complete Mapping and first Complete release where you will be able to talk with people, 3rd will be complete mapping and 2D battle system (alot like Pokemon D/p/pl), and the fourth will be the complete release of the game where I will be completely finished and will move on to another project.
Now that I have that out I will also like to say this. Due to my low design level when it comes to detailed stuff like Humans I am currently looking for someone who either knows of a model that looks close to the Firered Male and Female Characters or someone who can make them. Please and thank you for anyone who will help with this.
For now That is all.
P.S. The sooner I have a Human model to use as the character the sooner you get videos and demos :P
~rockeymon

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
I am a master with 3 different modeling programs (sketchup, solidworks and 3d studio max) I could give you a hand with a few more complicated models.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
This sounds Great!!
PM When the Demo Comes out, or Whenever! I'll be a bug tester, whatever! I just want to see this work! This is a great idea!
Good luck mate!

Rise

「Rise Director」
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
Looks very interesting. I'll definitely try it out and see what happens ^^

Years
If you're struggling with the 3D characters, why not try using a 2.5D approach like the DS games, with characters using 2D sprites instead? Just an idea. :)

As has been said, this looks really promising, so good luck for the future :D

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
i LIKE THIS APPROACH, AS IT IS VERY ORIGINAL.

tHE ONE PROBLEM i MAY FIND, IS THE BUFFER/RENDERING IN THE GAME ONCE ITS LAUNCHED.iT MAY SLOW PEOPLE'S COMPUTERS DOWN.sO YOU MIGHT WANT TO FIND A BETA TESTER NOW TO SEE IF IT WILL HAVE ANY LAGGING PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU GO DEEP IN THE DEVELOPMENT.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
I dont know much programming, but if youd like ID BE VERY HONORED TO MAKE BANNERS

rockeymon

Years
Um I have someone who is going to beta test it and I am beta testing it as I go along.
Gaxel and for anyone in the feature who wants to make banners for it feel free and just post them on here and as I get time I will post them.
Niknaks I have someone who is making the 3D characters so that is not an issue I just don't have the skill level to personaly make 3D characters yet but I am making all of the buildings and nicknaks that are inside them :)
For now i don't really have any updates besides the scripting foundation starting to get laid down but besides that nothing major. There won't be any updates over the weekend but there will probably be one on monday until then.
~Rock. Game Development team.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Um I have someone who is going to beta test it and I am beta testing it as I go along.
Gaxel and for anyone in the feature who wants to make banners for it feel free and just post them on here and as I get time I will post them.
Niknaks I have someone who is making the 3D characters so that is not an issue I just don't have the skill level to personaly make 3D characters yet but I am making all of the buildings and nicknaks that are inside them :)
For now i don't really have any updates besides the scripting foundation starting to get laid down but besides that nothing major. There won't be any updates over the weekend but there will probably be one on monday until then.
~Rock. Game Development team.
I'm anticipating!
I tried the game, aside from the lack of things to do, it's great!!
And the old lady is funny, but she kept leaving me and going in the house. But, so far this is a good Project
Are you going to make all the characters? Like the Youngster in Pallet Town?

rockeymon

Years
I'm anticipating!
I tried the game, aside from the lack of things to do, it's great!!
And the old lady is funny, but she kept leaving me and going in the house. But, so far this is a good Project
Are you going to make all the characters? Like the Youngster in Pallet Town?

Um for one how did you 'try the game' if the game isn't even out I have no demo and have barely tested the game myself.
And to your question you will have all characters that are in the game.

Thank you all for your support and such.
~rock. game dev. team

Back