• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Team Plasma

Years
Oh look, a Possible Spoiler Appeared (look an Old Joke Appeared!) That theory does seem to actually fit. Though Kyurem wasn't bothered at all by Team Plasma during BW it is the center of BW2 w/its new forms. I'm gonna bet that just like Genesect, Kyurem was experimented on by Ghetsis. I guess 2 years is enough for a successful experiment.
Or maybe Ghetsis pissed off Kyurem too much and he got frozen. Then while the protagonist is derping through the Giant Chasm they'll find a frozen Ghetsis.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
My guess would be is the two sides White and Black are supported by two separate sides White being the Sages and Black by the Shadow Triad. I believe Ghetsis is apart of the Black Plasma as Shadow Triad helped him bust out of jail. And the White may be the people that don't agree with his way of "freeing" pokemon now that they know his true intentions. I am sure the White would like to rally around N but now that he is missing they are in somewhat disarray. N could back the White side once he comes into the picture and then face off with Ghetsis the Leader of the Black side too finally end their "feud" so to speak.

Seems like it will be Magma/Aqua like to me. Too sides clashing against to separate but similar ideals.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
My guess would be is the two sides White and Black are supported by two separate sides White being the Sages and Black by the Shadow Triad. I believe Ghetsis is apart of the Black Plasma as Shadow Triad helped him bust out of jail. And the White may be the people that don't agree with his way of "freeing" pokemon now that they know his true intentions. I am sure the White would like to rally around N but now that he is missing they are in somewhat disarray. N could back the White side once he comes into the picture and then face off with Ghetsis the Leader of the Black side too finally end their "feud" so to speak.

Seems like it will be Magma/Aqua like to me. Too sides clashing against to separate but similar ideals.
that's a good theory, but where does the player come in? that's basically my only question, other than that it sounds great.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
that's a good theory, but where does the player come in? that's basically my only question, other than that it sounds great.

If it plays out like the Aqua/Magma idea, then the player is the key to stopping the other team. May/Brendon were the real reason why one team was more triumphant than the other in the end because the PC tipped the scales over to the opposite team's side.

I would like it if true too, though they could always been two parts to one Plasma. A covert Ops group and the original group. There are a lot of mysteries still surrounding this team.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
By player do you mean Hilbert/Hilda or the ones we are using currently? If it is either hard to say. I can't really see the player siding with any of them. Especially not the Black faction as it seems you and the rival are working against them. As shown in the gameplay and video (which also includes Cheren opposing them as well).

Also curious as too how Looker will come to play with Plasma or World Police since he was pivotal in arresting all the Sages.

Also speaking of Sages and Triad I hope we get to battle them I am interested to see how their teams would be made up of.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
If N and the white team plasma are for the greater good, then why would the player try to stop them? and yeah i'm talking about the new ones.

I can't really see the player and N and the white team plasma working together, if N is in deed in charge of them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
If N and the white team plasma are for the greater good, then why would the player try to stop them? and yeah i'm talking about the new ones.

I can't really see the player and N and the white team plasma working together, if N is in deed in charge of them.

My guess would be that N is still trying to free Pokemon as well, with his old tactics of stealing Pokemon from trainers. However, I don't believe he would be using a fear tactic as I predict Ghetsis may be. Of course, it could be just as simple as he's a wanted criminal who refuses to be captured, and White Plasma defends him.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I think, going with the two parts of the team theory, N realizes his mistakes, fixes them, and then returns changed from his old ways. Ghetsis has full control of Team Plasma, that is until N returns and splits Team Plasma in half, taking his good team with him. Ghetsis is enraged and the two teams feud. The protagonist helps the good half defeat the bad half throughout the entire story, and in the end the big showdown occurs, with the good half prevailing and Ghetsis gets locked up in a secret jail in the middle of nowhere.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What if the scene with White Plasma is actually post game, or near end game. It could be the old Plasma hiding away waiting to take bad their name from the old side but never, or are about to attack.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
In the new screenshot, I would like to point out that Ghetsis is wearing all black, not the normal outfit he had in the last games. Another thing pointing to him being part of the Team Plasma we saw in the trailer.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It seems N will confront Ghetsis and there will be some kind of showdown, I thought that might happen. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Seems to be playing out how I thought it would. My wonder is N on White Plasma side or just serving his own agenda as his pokemon called him back to Unova. So him aiding White Plasma I am still iffy toward. This defnitely seems to cement the relationship between Black Plasma, Ghetsis, Shadow Triad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
pic1454.jpg

Plasma has its own HQ and Akuroma is in it? How fancy.

(From today's new trailer).

WAIT. THAT LOOKS LIKE A SHIP. THE SHIP FROM THE ANIME TRAILER?!

Years
But this ship looks so much more bigger... !!! Wha- a team w/a mobile command center?! Oh man. But another thing, why's Akuroma in it?! Did he take over as a new leader? Is he a rival for N's leadership? Did he steal Ghetsis' clothes and tried to role play in them? Hopefully more will be revealed soon... in another Japanese trailer which I can't translate at all.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Maybe Akumora is another pawn that is controlled by Ghetsis... That ain't cool, bro. N probably doesn't know what Ghetsis is up to until they meet up and have a father-to-son chat. From one of the trailers it looks like N's Zekrom/Reshiram and Ghetsis'? Kyurem meet each other and maybe fuse together or something. I'm liking the Old!Plasma vs the New!Plasma.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But this ship looks so much more bigger... !!! Wha- a team w/a mobile command center?! Oh man. But another thing, why's Akuroma in it?! Did he take over as a new leader? Is he a rival for N's leadership? Did he steal Ghetsis' clothes and tried to role play in them? Hopefully more will be revealed soon... in another Japanese trailer which I can't translate at all.

Well imo it's not really that much bigger. Keep in mind that we didn't really see the full thing in the original footage - in fact, why would Plasma have multiple boats? I feel like it'd be more logical just to be that boat. XD;

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
They're not the same boat.
The one shown in the animated trailer is an open deck ship with multiples masts and a backside bridge.
The ship shown in the recent trailer is a modern personal cruiser with a front bridge and no masts, 2 exhausts. and a completely different colour scheme.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
it can either be a boat going to something like the place that tells you how many people from different countries or team plasmas ship from the trailer, i don't really think the color scheme matters much at all

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They're not the same boat.
The one shown in the animated trailer is an open deck ship with multiples masts and a backside bridge.
The ship shown in the recent trailer is a modern personal cruiser with a front bridge and no masts, 2 exhausts. and a completely different colour scheme.

Yeah but we don't know whether the full view boat we saw in the recent trailer was this one which doesn't really help us in determining whether this is the one from the trailer.

blue

gucci
Years
It also looks like they have a HQ this time like Team Galactic did in Platinum, hopefully they will be more involved in the storyline.

Back