• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen obligatory music thread.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can I just say I really dislike the music for the area of the farm with the Mareep and stuff? It... sounds like a cow is shaking bells. Not exactly appealing. :(

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
^Is this what you were talking about?
Spoiler:

If this is the case, I have to agree with you. I really don't like this track at all. Sounds like a REALLY odd mix of genres. Especially with what I am assuming is the accordian playing the melody. Just a bad track, no other way to put it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

If this is the case, I have to agree with you. I really don't like this track at all. Sounds like a REALLY odd mix of genres. Especially with what I am assuming is the accordian playing the melody. Just a bad track, no other way to put it.

Yesss omg, it's the worst track ever. XD; I could not listen to that non-stop, it's just so... insane lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yesss omg, it's the worst track ever. XD; I could not listen to that non-stop, it's just so... insane lmao.

Oh my goodness...that's an adorable theme! D:
y u hate it?

I think it's precious. All happy and almost festival like! Perfect for a ranch, imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't mind it. It sounds kinda cute actually.

Oh my goodness...that's an adorable theme! D:
y u hate it?

I think it's precious. All happy and almost festival like! Perfect for a ranch, imo.

REALLY? I don't get it. ;_; Listen to it over and over! It starts to get really boring. Like it is the most repetitive theme ever lmao. I think I just dislike anything farm-related in Pokemon since p sure I thought the same about Solosis Town (lmao) or whatever it was called in Pearl!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
REALLY? I don't get it. ;_; Listen to it over and over! It starts to get really boring. Like it is the most repetitive theme ever lmao. I think I just dislike anything farm-related in Pokemon since p sure I thought the same about Solosis Town (lmao) or whatever it was called in Pearl!!

I have and it's wonderful! c:
Solaceon Town, btw. xD
But I like a lot of the beginning route themes and whatnot. This game has a lot of cute themes to it, yo.

Ok, so I just finally listened to Elesa's. OMFG ALL MY FEELS. Like this is awesome. Feels like Madonna's Vogue, but much cooler. Definitely perfect for Elesa. Showy, flashy, model. Perfect.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Does anyone else realize that there are two versions of the Kanto and Sinnoh champion themes in the data? One from BW, one new for BW2. Also, the GBAtemp guys still need to tag a few tracks.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Spoiler:

I don't like it either...it sounds too carnival for me.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Does anyone else realize that there are two versions of the Kanto and Sinnoh champion themes in the data? One from BW, one new for BW2. Also, the GBAtemp guys still need to tag a few tracks.

Both Sinnoh tracks play ingame. I still have no idea what do people say when they talk about the Kanto theme being in BW, I don't see it.

Anyway, every last battle theme. I'm past Gym Leader 6 and it's amazing- listening to the soundtrack makes me want to be a real trainer.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
B2W2 Soundtrack Release Date

Both Sinnoh tracks play ingame. I still have no idea what do people say when they talk about the Kanto theme being in BW, I don't see it.

Anyway, every last battle theme. I'm past Gym Leader 6 and it's amazing- listening to the soundtrack makes me want to be a real trainer.

I heard about the Kanto Champion BW playing somewhere in the Battle Subway, but I'm not able to confirm whether it's just tucked away in the code or it actually plays once certain requirements/conditions have been met... :<

Anyway, for all of you B2W2 music lovers, apparently, the soundtrack to the game(s) is being released in Japan on July 25th, 2012 as a four-disc set, including music from Black/White Versions, as well as Emerald Version and Platinum Version. I'm guessing Emerald will include the music of the Battle Frontier facility interiors as well as the Battle Pyramid peak music and the music that plays when Rayquaza descends in the midst of Groudon and Kyogre's battle in Sootopolis City. Platinum will probably include Giratina's new battle theme and Battle Frontier music, I'm guessing..

More on-topic, I'm going to wait until I actually get Black 2 or White 2 to listen to its music, but all of the raving remarks and reviews in this thread make me even more excited in anticipation of listening to these tracks. :cer_boogie:

..And I'm wondering how Homika's theme will get localized as well, since it contains "lyrics", apparently. XD

You mean.....

Spoiler:

.....this one?

I think it's fantastic! They haven't taken away from the original and it generally speaking sounds pretty cool.

I can imagine those who are dying for RSE remakes are incredibly excited now.

EDIT: OMG RUSTBORO CITY'S THEME MUSIC IS IN B2W2, TOO?! 0_0 *faints in anticipation of RSE remakes*

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
My Favorite Music Has To Be One of Those

1-Iris's Battle Theme
2-Rival's Theme
3-Yamaji Town
4-Seigahia City

blue

gucci
Years
I've forced myself not to listen to half of the new tracks on Youtube as I enjoy hearing them for the first time whilst playing rather than hearing them online, I've heard the Hoenn Leader Remix which I love and a couple of others.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
The new themes that I like a lot are the rival battle theme and the world tournament final battle theme.

In the rival battle theme, I really like how the piano comes in the beginning along with the sawtooths and guitars throughout the music. It really drives away from Masuda's style of battle music.

In the World Tournament final battle theme, I liked how the orchestra-styled bit was added in. Listening to the theme reminded me of the style of the remixes back in HeartGold and SoulSilver, and it especially reminds of the Kanto Gym leader theme in HG/SS. It also reminded me of the Orre series music.

As for the remixed themes in Black 2 and White 2, I really enjoyed the Neo Plasma theme and the Sinnoh Champion theme.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I love how each gym has their own music. Also digging the Kanto and Hoenn remixes.

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
..And I'm wondering how Homika's theme will get localized as well, since it contains "lyrics", apparently. XD

Homika's gym "lyrics" is some unintelligible blabber that could be said in any language really. I really doubt the translation team will bother to change them, but we will see :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
So far, the Hoenn champion theme is my favourite music, with Johto's and Sinnoh's champion theme coming a close second.

BW2 screwed up Kanto's gym leader theme. But it's still great nevertheless.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Ghetsis's theme really surprised me. I went into it thinking, "oh, this will probably be like the old theme and be really quiet, start with some drums..." and it begins with "GHEEETSIS, GHEEEETSIS". Shockingly to the point, I could laugh.

It also really shows how over the edge he's gotten, now that he's on the verge of having his plans foiled again by a designated protagonist. A remix that fully portrays his state of mind during the battle.

Years
So far I really like the rival's theme, the revamped songs from past gens and the Iris battle theme, I can't stop listening to it. Also, team plasma's theme is really cool and I like Colress/Akuroma's theme, it's really...funky. :D

Back