• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Surprised there isn't a thread about this yet.

There's been a new Pokemon Revealed this morning at the Japan Expo. It's known in France as Monorpale and Japan as Hitotsuki and is a Steel/Ghost type. And it's a Pokemon based off a sword.
Spoiler:

It has a sheath and during battle it unsheathes itself.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Years
It is not that bad. But I don't like it. Maybe because I don't like its type. I find it ugly. :\

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah I think it's weird but cool at the same time. It's weird that It's just... a sword.But keep in mind there's been countless Pokemon based on inanimate objects. Magnets, ice cream, rocks, chandeliers , gears, eggs, sludge, bells, weird disc bell things (Bronzor), etc. So I expected Game Freak to make at least one Pokemon like this. XD

It could end up evolving into some really cool, like a possessed knight or something. I like it's typing, Steel/Ghost is something different so that's always welcomed by me.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I like the way it looks, but it probably won't end up being a favourite unless it's evolution is something really impressive.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I like it, I think it's because of the tassle it has attached to it's hilt. Maybe it's more like some kind of ceremonial sword?

It makes me think of Bronzor/Bronzong.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Better than bronzor atleast... And its type, awesome..! Just give that sword thingy LEVITATE !

Years
I actually like it. One of my fave Gen VI Pokemon, of the ones that have been shown so far. Then again, I can see this being the next Trubbish or Vanillite, because for some reason, people don't like Pokemon based on 'items'.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
It may take me a while before I do like it or not. So far I only like it because its new, and just seeing it for the first time.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'd bet that it will have a good attack stat (assuming it can learn Swords Dance)

I can already see all the fanart of pokemon using the move swords dance and actually end up dancing with Monorpale instead.

On another note, this might seem strange but when I saw the blue picture first, I thought it looked like something from Avatar: The last airbender. (or Xiaolin Showdown)

TheCrimson102

Charizard
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Two things,
1. It's bugging me that you can't see the sword through the sheath.
2. This is one pokemon i'll have on my team, because not only is it a giant sword, it is also able to levitate. And it's a sword.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Holy crap I love it. A possessed floating sword? Awwww yeah.

Reminds me of Donkey Kong Country 2's Kleever, only less cooler because it doesn't have a skull and FIRE.
Kleever2.jpg

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Reminds me of Windwaker with its color pallet. A LOT.

I LOVE its Type - Steel / Ghost.

IT DOES unsheathe - So Cool.

Bronsor + Monorpale = Awesome Double Battle - Ghostly Sword and Shield.

I'm Officially calling it --- THIS IS THE FULLY EVOLVED VERSION. (speculation.)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm Officially calling it --- THIS IS THE FULLY EVOLVED VERSION. (speculation.)
I don't know. Look at the french and japanese name.

"Hitotsu" and "mono". I'd imagine it'll be this gen's Magnemite Pokemon. As in when it evolves (and I'm gonna bet it's gonna have "futatsu" and "duo" in its japanese and french name respectively) it's gonna be TWO swords!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm Guessing it will not have Levitate, by the same logic of Magneton.

It's Ability will be Defiant - If you try to lower its stats, IT JUST GETS SHARPER!

Also assuming is a Psychical Sweeper.

Back