• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Sugilite

Hack of:
Fire red

Additional information about the hack: It is set in a new region and has new Pokemon. A new plot arises and a new team is within the game. New legendaries and old ones are obtainable both during and after the story. Whole new Elite four but with cameos from originals. 8 new gyms plus some sub gyms within the game. More to come later

Finished percentage: Currently only the story line and ideas for Pokemon so about 5-10%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, basic scripting, pokemon modifications, storyliner.

What help or skill you're looking for: Advanced scripter, spriter, sprite in serter(including attack animations) OW in serter.

Additional contact information: PM me or VM me

Additional information: This started as a personal project of mine but I need help. Credit will be given where due.

I look forward to hearing from those wishing to help

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Orichalcum

Hack of: (Dependent on coding needs. Most likely FireRed.)

Additional information about the hack: Trying for a very different feel. New pokemon, lots of major and minor changes, heavily puzzle based.

Finished percentage: Not Started.

Your hacking skills: Best at planning and design, with lots of experience. Partly colorblind, so nearly useless for spriting. Can fillerbunny any other role, but won't be as good as a good person at it.

What help or skill you're looking for: Any kind of help is fine. In particular, I need someone who can make good looking fakemon, and a talented scripter (some of what I want to do, I'm not even sure can be done).

Additional contact information: Please PM me hear, but if you have Second Life, you can drop a notecard to me there, Username: Jethren Haiku

Additional information: Just to give a hint of how this game is different...I'm taking out the HMs and gyms. HM moves will still exist as TMs, but the functions will either be assigned to key items or I will see if it is possible to give pokemon that would have these moves innate ability to use them (IE: all pokemon that could use a HM move will have its out-of-battle effect without needing to be taught anything). Gyms will be replaced with some ancient ruins...and maybe some gym-like contests here and there. I'll also be investigating the possibility of changing the way battle works, so that you'll be able to make choices in defense as well as attack (it probably won't be the "Inturrupt Counter" system I once proposed...but we'll see). Some D/P pokemon will be added, including "Leafeon"...which is getting renamed something less stupid (leaning towards "Arboreon", but open to suggestions). Expect the Regi's to play a role in the storyline.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Pokemon ruby omega
hack of: ruby
based on sinnoh history: arceus, dialga, palkia, griantina ect..
finished %: maybe about..... .1%
hacking skills: editor ( pokemon trainers) and inserter ( sinnoh or fake pokemon using unlz-gba)
need help with: scripts and character making and or editing and map making. I want all the regions in my game... A music hacker
e-mail or PM: [email protected]

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Hack name: Undecided as of yet.

Hack of: Firered, could quite possible change to a different gba game.

Additional information about the hack: it is 20 years after g/s/c. team rock is back. you are a member of a pokemon protection team and your mission is to take out team rocket.

Finished percentage: 1 or 2 percent. although i am thinking about restarting if we change what it is a hack of

Your hacking skills:some mapping, very very little text scripting

What help or skill you're looking for:everything. i can do little mapping and text scripting but i need spriters, scripters, mappers, music hackers, everything.

Additional contact information:

Additional information:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright, I dont know if anyone ever responds to these, but what the heck..

Hack name: Pokemon Mythic Legends

Hack of: Pokemon Firered

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 30%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone who could insert these pesky battle sprites :P (The ones where you throw the pokeball) I already have the sprite ready, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

TitleScreen Maker.[Self-exclamatory]

Someone to help remake some of my bland maps like Aljam did.(Man he was epic...)

Additional contact information: Simply Pm/Vm me and we shall talk.

Additional information: My thread is in the Progressive hacks section. Or you could simply click my sig.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Hack name:Pokemon Exodus

Hack of:Pokemon Ruby

Finished percentage:around 5%

Your hacking skills:me: mediocre mapper My friend: avg spriter

What help or skill you're looking for:mappers and scripters

Additional contact information:aim: weber121 or zel4365

Additional information:We have our 8 gym leaders, elite 4, champion, additional storyline, professor, some town names, and region name.
We have already added one character sprite and partially finished the professor sprite. we also have imputted our three starters.

MaoVara

PokeHack Lover
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2010
Help Needed?

Hack name: Pokemon "Road To End"(Subject to Change)

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Set to have all pokemon up to 386

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Text Editing

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Map Creating, Inserting Sprites, Title Screen Maker.

Additional contact information: Email: [email protected]

Additional information: Storyline ideas are mapped out

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Hack Name: not named yet (if anyone has any suggestions, i'll take them)
Hack of: pokemon Fire Red
Info: You are helping solve a case for your father, and the other police to find
out what is happening to ancient places, and items. you go undercover as a pokemon
trainer, so they might target you.
how much done: 6-8 maps & a few fakemon (only because there are more fossil fakes)
My Skills: Mapping, blueprinting sprites
skills needed: spriter, mapper, scripter (urgent), and someone to insert the sprites.

Contact me By pm
i'm just bumping it up. i still need help.

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
Years
Hack name: Project Utopia

Hack of: Depends on team's preference, most likley to be Diamond/Pearl.

Additional information about the hack: The hack itself will have a story far different from your usual re-make and will have a slightley darker plot and more pressing issues. Just something perhaps that is more story driven, but fear not, the battling system will still be a large part of the game. For more information on the story, its best to actually go to the topic dedicated to this hack.

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: My role is simply Game Creator, Head Writer and Director.

What help or skill you're looking for: Any position that interests anyone really, I have a list on my team discussion topic of all the positions required to be filled.

Additional contact information: PM or [email protected]

Additional information: It's best to view my actual topic first to see anything added abut the hel I require.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon Gothic black

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: i want to make a game that doesnt use the gym system, its to do with a new team. but e-mail me or im more for more info thanx

Finished percentage: 0

Your hacking skills: storyline, maping and some sprite editing

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting is majorly needed, any additional graphics editors and designers would be much apreciated

Additional contact information: [email protected] that my live mesenger so add me and im me or e-mail me if you are interested

Additional information: hopefuly i get some replys to this asap, already has a storyline.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
Hack name: Scale Green

Hack of: Emerald

Finished percentage: 1% Maybe, Started recently

Your hacking skills: Decent map editor. Music editor

What help or skill you're looking for: Scriptor,

Additional contact information: Pm, [email protected]

Additional information:

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Age Old

Hack of:
picture.php

Finished percentage:
5% maps
2% scripts

Your hacking skills: Great mapper if i do say so myself, good scripter and a good spriter.

What help or skill you're looking for: Help with some advanced scripts, title screen insertion and just all round CC...

Additional contact information: PM VM

Additional information: Not much. x

Thanks in advance. xxx

Rize

The XIII Observer
Years
Hack name: Pokémon: Reformed Chaos

Hack of: FireRed

Finished percentage: 5% - Changed some sprites, redoing battles, beginning mapping.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Text Editing, Sprite Insertion, Limited Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: I am in need of a scripter (for rather specific, possibly complicated scripts), someone to create and put in new overworld sprites, someone to create and insert new items (if possible; if not, change old RSE items, and someone to add in new music and extend FR's songtable, and someone to add in some D/P Pokemon.

Additional contact information: Please PM me here, or at SPPf under the name Kat. Thank you.

Additional information: Thank you in advance for anyone who decides to help me.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Hack Name:

Sak Dier (Pocket Beasts) {Current Title, Subject To Change}

Hack of:

Pokemon Ruby AXVE

This is a hack where the climate of the world has been dramatically changed due to an attack Team Magma attempted upon Team Aqua shortly after the return of Team Rocket. You are a young girl whom has been brought up by Giovanni(who is still retired and has nothing to do with Team Rocket) with your sister, and you have grown old enough that Giovanni tells both your sister and yourself the truth, revealing he had been the leader of Team Rocket, nearly thirty years before you were born. He then gives you your first pokemon, but to your dismay your sister has already gotten her first pokemon from him.

Due to the climate change from the attack on Team Aqua, Pokemon have been changed, making most pokemon less colorful, most being shades of grey, black, and white. However colored Pokemon are still spotted from time to time.

All Pokemon from the first three generations shall be available to be captured/received/aquired

All new Legendary Pokemon Specific events in game

And more.......

Finished percentage:

- Of Actual Gameplay (Maps, Pokemon Placement, Scripting, ect.) Less than 10%
- Pokemon Name Translations 30%
- Background Ideaology 70%
- Gameplay Ideaology 35%

What help or skill you're looking for:

+ Spriting +

- Overworld Spriting/Battle
~ Complete Sets For Two Female Characters (back and front trainer sprites)
~ Additional Trainers (Random)
~ Overworlds For Berry Shop Owner/Stone Shop Owner

- Tileset Spriting/Inserting
~ Original Sets with Ice/Water/Snowcap Mountainous
~ Original Sets with Desert/Fire/Volcano Top
~ Original Sets with Puddles/Waterspots-Damage/Overgrown with plantlife
~ New Tilesets of some towns/routes for being older
~ New Island Tilesets (x3)
~ New Ancient Ruins Tilesets (x3)
~ Tilesets For Berry Shops/Greenhouses/Stone Shops in/out

- Special Sprites
~ Added "Pokemon"
~ Logos
~ New Key Items

+ Scripting +

ASM SCRIPTING NEEDED FOR CUSTOM POKEMON CHOICE OPTIONS

~ Give Pokemon Scripts
~ Give Item Scripts
~ New Legendary Encounter Scripts
~ Misc. Scripts

+ Mapping +

- Help With Mapping Out Towns/Routes/Islands/Ect.

+ Testers +

*ONLY LOOKONG FOR THREE (3) TESTERS APART FROM THOSE HELPING*

Additional contact information:

Chatango: Acronell
AIM: Acronell
email: [email protected]
deviantART: SeeTheMasterPlay
You may also PM me here

Additional information:

Just a small bit to show you can do as you say you can

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hack name: Pokémon Sanctuary
Hack of: Fire Red
Additional information about the hack: ~~
Finished percentage: <5%
Your hacking skills: Mapping, Scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: OW Sprite Maker
Additional information:

I need an Overworld for the hero player and, after several attempts, found myself not quite being able to get it right.

Only things that are important is that the OW is male and insertable into FR games without looking out of place (DP-style OW might be ok though). If possible please give him Dark blue or brown hair.

Contact me by PM if you'd like to help / have an idea / show me sprites.

Thank youu

SwiftSign

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Pure White

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed Version (V1.0)

Additional information about the hack: It's "mascot" is Ho-oh

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Scriping (basic), Trainer Editing, OW Inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping, Scripting (Basic) Trainer Sprite Maker,Tile Inserter

Additional contact information: PM, VM or e-mail me @ [email protected]

Additional information: ALso, need a CSS maker.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2010
Hack name: Pokemon PPF

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack: you're a Pokemn Polie Force or PFF. A theif stole the evolve form of Ninetails from Proffesor Oak. You have to invistagate, battle, and roam around the Kanto region.

Finished percentage: 1% or 2%

Your hacking skills: I can edit maps really good.I can also script but a beginer.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need people who can make overworld sprites and Fakemon.

Additional contact information: just PM me.

Additional information:The game mascot is the evolve form of Ninetails. Team rocket makes an apearance but have a minor role.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hack name: Didn't Decide Yet

Additional information about the hack: New Sprites, All Gen Pokemon or Fakemon I dont care and everything new and original

Finished percentage: Haven't started yet am searching for a team

Your hacking skills: Scripter, Pokemon Editor, Trainers Editor

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything :D

Additional contact information: contact me in a private message or send me a message [email protected]

Additional information: Any Help Is Greatly APPRECIATED :D

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Hack name: Shining Silver, Glittering Gold, Colossal Crystal (Subject to change)

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack: Remake of the original Silver, Gold and Crystal but I am trying to keep it as similar as possible to the original

Finished percentage: 1 or 2%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, OW editor, can insert most things

What help or skill you're looking for: Any help is most welcome, Mapping assistant, scripter, spriter, OW editor etc.

Additional contact information: MSN, Yahoo!, Email, PM

Additional information: PM me if you would like to help or if you would like to see some of my maps

EDIT: I have started a group for this so this post is void but if you would like to help still pm me and we can talk about it a bit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Hack name: Didn't think of one yet

Additional information about the hack: New plot (Team will go as far as level 80 by the Elite four) New gym leaders, New Elite four and new cities and routes. Team rocket will be back with vengeance with a much larger hideout
(explain more in Pm's)

Finished percentage: Nothing i need some helpers

Your hacking skills: I can script basics such as trainer battles and givepokemon and stuff and basic mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Sprite editor, Advanced Scripter and Advanced mapper could also use some one who could put in the sinnoh pokemon (dont know bout that)

Additional contact information: Pm pls

Additional information: nothing much more
Additional information: Any H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back