• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Soul Silver team?

kistune

kitsune**
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 28, 2012
I have my main wi-fi team sorted out and and I would like some help to polish it off, mostly for advice on the movepool. I have no intention on swapping out any pokemon for anyone else because these are all my favourite pokemon in the metagame! Whether I win or lose is irrevalant I just wanna use my favourites, but I do want to put up a good battle whatever the outcome. :3

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability : Pressure
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+ Spd, - SpA)
~ Fly
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Rock Slide or Stone Edge?

Yea yea I know Aerodactyl is a typical lead, but he's always been one of my favourite pokemon since the days of Red and Blue, plus he makes a kick ass lead anyway so why not? And before you go saying replace fly with earthquake I'm gonna point out that my Dragonite knows earthquake already. But mostly I just need fly to get around in the game. The only dilemma here is rock slide or stone edge.. stone edge can OHKO quite a few flying types but rock slide has more accuracy and a 30% chance to flinch the opponet. Because of how frail he is I can't afford to miss an attack... thoughts?

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability : Synchronize
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+ SpA, - Atk)
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
~ Signal Beam
~ Morning Sun

She's fast, frail, and hits hard. Espeon is the Pikachu to my Ash and replacing her with a better special attacker just isn't an option. This set has worked extremely well for me for a long time.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability : Synchronize
252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Relaxed Nature (+ Def, - Spd)
~ Toxic
~ Confuse Ray
~ Payback
~ Moonlight

This set makes people piss fire it's so good. This is the ultimate staller and tank set I customized just for Umbreon. I compromised speed for defense since payback hits twice as hard if my opponet is faster.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability : Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
~ Toxic or Healing Wish?
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Heal Bell

I traded my Chansey over from LeafGreen to get seismic toss Blissey. She is the best special wall and so cute and I think she's perfect since I'm also studying nursing! I love her and I love this set.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability : Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SpA)
~ Dragon claw
~ Extremespeed or fire punch?
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake

Dragonite has an excellent movepool and few weaknesses so he is my ideal mixed attacker. The only problem here is I'm so torn with choosing either extremespeed or fire punch. Fire punch prevents Dragonite from being walled but without extremespeed Dragonite can be easily revenge killed. Superpower is also an option but I'm not so keen on it.

Charizard @ Life Orb
Ability : Blaze
Jolly Nature (+ Spd, - SpA)
~ Swords Dance
~ Flare Blitz
~ Thunderpunch
~ Roost

I like roost on this set so I can keep Charizard around for longer since he has a big stealth rock weakness and the residue from life orb and flare blitz sucks. Thunderpunch is a great counter move and after a swords dance boost this guy can really sweep.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Fly can be a set-up fodder so it isn't really advisable in competitive play. The extra turn that it uses gives the opponent a chance to set-up. Whirlwind can be a better option if you really don't like using EQ. I prefer Rock Slide because I don't like the occasional misses made by Stone Edge.

Last edited:
Years
I like the set overall. Not bad thinking behind it. However, I would like suggest a few things.

1) I agree with Musica. Ditch fly. That's just asking to get set up on. And I'd go with Rock Slide. Stone Edge is too iffy with 80 Accuracy.
2) Consider putting Baton Pass on Espeon. It's good for a late-game sweep.
3) Don't change a thing on Umbreon. Excellent idea for a moveset.
4) Put Toxic on Blissey.
5) Put Extremespeed on Dragonite. Just so you have a priority move.
6) Flamethower or Heat Wave on Charizard. NOT Flare Blitz. The recoil and Life Orb damage isn't worth it. As you mentioned, it has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, so one Flare Blitz pretty much wipes it out after said Stealth Rocks.

Back