• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deoxys/Porygon theory

Abyssolwind

Writer. Furry. Psychopath. ^_^
Years
Again - not sure if this is the right area... hopefully i am.

I'm constantly developing never-ending theories about pokemon. These often form the basis of my fanfictions i write.

My latest fascination has been with porygon.

I eventually came around to a little "realisation" of sorts. Porygon (2 or Z) is potentially related to Deoxys in some ways.

Firstly, the most obvious thing is colouration. Sure - the colours aren't exactly the same, but they're similar. Blue and red. Both are these colours.

Second is deoxys' pokedex entry. Deoxys was a virus in space that mutated. Porygon 2's pokedex entry states it was designed for space exploration. Now on top of this, porygon-z's entry states it has exhibited "strange behaviour". With strange behaviour, Porygon-Z could argueably be classified as a "virus".
So what if Deoxys is a mutant Porygon-Z? Mutated by space radiation?

Thirdly. Porygon's ability is download or trace - suggesting it can analyze opponents and change itself in accordance. This would explain Deoxys' ability to change formes.

It's just the basis for fanfiction and i know there are holes in my logic - but still. Believable?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Moving this over to Pokemon General which (I think) is more suited for this theory so people may agree/disagree and possibly discuss.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Your theory is pulling together a lot of really random facts that aren't really related tbh. I don't really buy the color part, seeing as the Porygons are pink. And Deoxys doesn't change form according to its opponent, at least not in the games, so Download and the meteors are kinda disconnected.

Abyssolwind

Writer. Furry. Psychopath. ^_^
Years
Lol. Pokemon otakus are so picky. ^_^

Yeah... me and "research" don't get along. Most of my "research" is random facts pulled together by abstract logic and glued together with titbits of sci-fi thrown in.

But as for colour - there's no reason why a third evolution couldn't change colour further. Porygon-Z is a darker colour than the previous two, and Deoxys is quite possibly a product of space radiation.

Adaptability is Porygon-Z's ability - my bad. But without the effect of the actual move and judging by semantics, adapt means to change to the situation. Then on top of this, porygon has "sharpen" in its movepool, which "reduces porygon count". Reducing the porygon count means that porygon actually can alter its body shape/form.

I'll admit - theory may have been an overstatement. I'm just tying little bits together.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
History of Porygon kinda writes itself though. It was created by a scientist working for some company (in the anime some weapons company). I don't think they directly say why it was made, only that it was made digitally and was a different type of program that became sentient.

Porygon 2 was created by altering Porygon's data using the Upgrade item produced by Silph Co. This data made it stronger and more up to date, like updating software in mainframes to have them run more effeciently.

Dubious Disc was a special upgrade that corroded the data of Porygon, a virus if you will. When used on Porygon its system goes out of control and it becomes the jumbled mess we see in Porygon-Z (Z being a corrupt form of 2)

Deoxys on the other hand is a sentient space rock parasite thing. It has the ability to release electromagnetic waves which shuts down electronics as well as locates living creatures.

There really isn't that much that relates them especially since one was created by humans and the other came from space.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, like the others said I really don't see a connection here. They are different types, have different colors, different movepools, different stats, one evolves, one doesn't evolve, one was man made, one came from space, one changes form when exposed to meteorites, one evolves through trading. I don't see any instances where you could say they are connected, IMO.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't see much of a relationship between Porygon-Z and Deoxys, to be honest. While Porygon2 (and perhaps Porygon-Z) were originally built for space exploration, that doesn't mean that Porygon-Z turned into Deoxys.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It's an interesting theory but there isn't much to base it on. I'd say Clefairy is more related to Deoxys than Porygon is.

Back