• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
This is a fan club for Electric type Pokémon ONLY

How to sign up:

Preferred username [required]
Partner Pokémon [required]
Pick a 6-Pokémon Electric-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]
Answer the current topic (Feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one if there isn't a current one) [optional] - currently disabled

Members list:
CloysterOyster
135.png

AlexOzzyCake
417.png

Narnia
179.png

Hikari
587.png

TrainerMusaddiq
466.png

Powerserge
243.png

Crobatman
404.png

amerininja
523.png

Sheep
181.png

Clumzy
171.png

LolPizzaLol
145.png

Cirno
587.png

Windy
417.png

HeyLoro
405.png

Pikadex
025.png

Pikachuie
025.png

The Songbird
310.png

Hoodie
312.png

lineofdeath
479-cut.png

Raiou
405.png

Umbr30n
243.png

Kamikaze Anderson
466.png

Synerjee
171.png

Zeratul
479.png

Kokocat
695.png

Nymphadora
172.png

Karzahni
405.png

DJ (Gh0stFlame)
026.png

Velveteenwolf
595.png

Zorogami
125.png

AoTora
171.png

Cryosic
596.png

The rules:
1. No spamming
2. No trolling or bullying
3. No links to outside sites
4. No discrimination of any form
5. Enjoy the club and have fun

Current topic:

N/A (disabled for the time being)

Past topics:

Spoiler:

All the Electric-type Pokémon:

025.gif
026.gif
081.gif
082.gif
100.gif
101.gif
125.gif
135.gif
145.gif
170.gif
171.gif
172.gif
179.gif
180.gif
181.gif
mega%20ampharos.png
239.gif
243.gif
309.gif
310.gif
manectric-mega.png
311.gif
312.gif
403.gif
404.gif
405.gif
417.gif
462.gif
466.gif
rotom.gif
rotom-heat.gif
rotom-wash.gif
rotom-frost.gif
rotom-fan.gif
rotom-mow.gif
522.gif
523.gif
587.gif
595.gif
596.gif
602.gif
603.gif
604.gif
618.gif
642.gif
642-therian.gif
644.gif
helioptile_animation_by_snivy101-d694aew.gif
y2bGV2l.png
dedenne_sprite_animation_by_superaj3-d6tgbwq.gif

Trainers who specialize in Electric-type Pokémon:

104.gif
Lt. Surge of Vermilion City (Kanto)
120.gif
Wattson of Mauville City (Hoenn)
136.gif
Volkner of Sunyshore City (Sinnoh)
094.gif
Elesa of Nimbasa City (Unova)
clemont_sprite_by_gnomowladny-d74ii1o.png
Clemont of Lumiose City (Kalos)

In-battle effect items (Electric):

Magnet
Bag_Magnet_Sprite.png
: Boosts the power of Electric-type moves by 20% when held.
Electric Gem
Bag_Electric_Gem_Sprite.png
: Increases the power of the holder's first Electric-type move by 50%, and is consumed after use.
Shock Drive
Bag_Shock_Drive_Sprite.png
: Makes Techno Blast an Electric-type move if held by Genesect.
Zap Plate:
Bag_Zap_Plate_Sprite.png
: Raises the power of Electric-type moves by 20%.

60eooXE.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wooo, Electric types, this club is shockingly good. ekekekek.

Preferred username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu!
Favorite Electric type move: Discharge, the Paralysis is wonderful <3
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: They're the perfect mixture of speed and power, plus a lot of them turn out to be real cuties! I see them as key components to most teams as a result :p

My favourite Electric type Pokémon is of course Pachirisu! What could I ever love more than a darling little squirrelly ball of fluff of a Pokémon? Pachirisu is one of those Pokémon that it's just impossible to love from his design and personality (anime, mostly!), and he's really fun to train too. I did a Pearl run using only a Pachirisu as my team, and although there were some difficulties (Cynthia's Garchomp oh god), it was a heck of a lot of fun and he proved to be quite the fighter! It's a Pokémon that I fear a lot of people would never try out, but I really recommend you all do :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I CAN'T CHOOSE HELP, MY BRAIN IS OVERLOADING WITH ALL OF THE CUTE BALLS OF FLUFF AND BADASS MAGNETS. :[[

Preferred Username: Narnia
Partner Pokemon: Mareep
Favourite Electric-type Move: THUNDEEEER (another move that is extremely fun to yell out!)

Why do you like electric-types?

Electric types have that spark (pun intended), that make them shine. They generally have the coolest designs in the game, they're the sort of Pokemon I like- speedy and quick with lots of raw power. Under the condition of rain, they really bring out their full potential with being able to inflict deadly amounts of damage with the runner-up of the funnest move to scream out, Thunder! Throw in the fact that most of their moves have a chance to paralyze and you've got a pretty badass type on your hands.

Who is your favourite electric type and why?

I really don't know. I have a lot of fuzzy and furry favourites out there. I guess I'll go with Mareep. Who doesn't love a cute sheep that can absorb electricity and pack a punch? Also Static is pretty cool I have to say and Mareep fits the part nicely for an electric-type available early on. I have to say over time I've grown attached to Magneton. I used to dislike it but it's actually quite cute and I've used one in my recent playthrough of Black 2- it was really fun to work with. I've also always liked Jolteon and Minun. IN GENERAL I LIKE ALL ELECTRIC TYPE POKEMON.

Years
Electric is one of my fave types, so definitely joining this!

Preferred username: Hikari
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric type move: Thunderbolt, strong but reliable at the same time
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: They are strong but quick, a really good balance and handy for dealing with the various Water-type trainers encountered in the region. Most also have either badass designs or just plain cute.

Answer the current topic: Electric-types have a lot of my fave Pokemon among them, notable ones being all the electric rodents like Plusle, Minun, Emolga, Pachirisu and the Pikachu line, Zekrom is one of my faves as far as Legendaries go, and also the Shinx, Joltik and Mareep lines, and also Zebstrika and Manectric. Also, the new Electric/Normal lizard, Helioptile is becoming a fave of mine quickly.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Wooo, Electric types, this club is shockingly good. ekekekek.

Preferred username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu!
Favorite Electric type move: Discharge, the Paralysis is wonderful <3
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: They're the perfect mixture of speed and power, plus a lot of them turn out to be real cuties! I see them as key components to most teams as a result :p

My favourite Electric type Pokémon is of course Pachirisu! What could I ever love more than a darling little squirrelly ball of fluff of a Pokémon? Pachirisu is one of those Pokémon that it's just impossible to love from his design and personality (anime, mostly!), and he's really fun to train too. I did a Pearl run using only a Pachirisu as my team, and although there were some difficulties (Cynthia's Garchomp oh god), it was a heck of a lot of fun and he proved to be quite the fighter! It's a Pokémon that I fear a lot of people would never try out, but I really recommend you all do :)

Welcome to the club. Pachirisu is cute. Makes me wonder how many more electric rodents they'll make. :P Electric types are some of the most powerful of all, I had a hard time fighting them when I used to play the older games.

I CAN'T CHOOSE HELP, MY BRAIN IS OVERLOADING WITH ALL OF THE CUTE BALLS OF FLUFF AND BADASS MAGNETS. :[[

Preferred Username: Narnia
Partner Pokemon: Mareep
Favourite Electric-type Move: THUNDEEEER (another move that is extremely fun to yell out!)

Why do you like electric-types?

Electric types have that spark (pun intended), that make them shine. They generally have the coolest designs in the game, they're the sort of Pokemon I like- speedy and quick with lots of raw power. Under the condition of rain, they really bring out their full potential with being able to inflict deadly amounts of damage with the runner-up of the funnest move to scream out, Thunder! Throw in the fact that most of their moves have a chance to paralyze and you've got a pretty badass type on your hands.

Who is your favourite electric type and why?

I really don't know. I have a lot of fuzzy and furry favourites out there. I guess I'll go with Mareep. Who doesn't love a cute sheep that can absorb electricity and pack a punch? Also Static is pretty cool I have to say and Mareep fits the part nicely for an electric-type available early on. I have to say over time I've grown attached to Magneton. I used to dislike it but it's actually quite cute and I've used one in my recent playthrough of Black 2- it was really fun to work with. I've also always liked Jolteon and Minun. IN GENERAL I LIKE ALL ELECTRIC TYPE POKEMON.

Welcome to the club. I liked Mareep in the Gold and Silver versions. I was a tad upset when they weren't available to capture in Crystal. Thunder is my favorite Electric move to use too, I like a quick finish.

Electric is one of my fave types, so definitely joining this!

Preferred username: Hikari
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric type move: Thunderbolt, strong but reliable at the same time
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: They are strong but quick, a really good balance and handy for dealing with the various Water-type trainers encountered in the region. Most also have either badass designs or just plain cute.

Answer the current topic: Electric-types have a lot of my fave Pokemon among them, notable ones being all the electric rodents like Plusle, Minun, Emolga, Pachirisu and the Pikachu line, Zekrom is one of my faves as far as Legendaries go, and also the Shinx, Joltik and Mareep lines, and also Zebstrika and Manectric. Also, the new Electric/Normal lizard, Helioptile is becoming a fave of mine quickly.

Welcome to the club. Emolga is a cute one. Some don't know how powerful Emolga is because the cuteness distracts them. I love Thunderbolt, just had to teach it to whomever could learn it and take out my opponents quickly with it.

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Preferred username TrainerMusaddiq
Partner Pokémon Electivire
Answer the Topic I Like Electric Type Pokemons Becouse His Speed And Powerfull Moves
Favorite Electric type move Thunder Becouse Thunder Is Most Powerfull Electric Type Move

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Ah look, another one of CloysterOyster's clubs!

Preferred username: Powerserge!
Partner Pokémon: Raikou
tumblr_mnu27h9XEw1s5x0txo1_500.jpg

Answer the current topic: This is a tough question...for right now I'll say Raikou. It's design perfectly combines a lot of natural imagery of electricity, and I really love how they incorporated these designs into what is seemingly an Electric-type Sabre-toothed tiger!
Favorite Electric type move: Zap Cannon! It's basically a coin-flip, and if you get heads the opponent is screwed!
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: I have always had an affinity for Electricity, and have always been interested in how it behaves and exists naturally. I guess that scientific and aesthetic curiosity made me fall in love with Electric-type Pokemon as well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username TrainerMusaddiq
Partner Pokémon Electivire
Answer the Topic I Like Electric Type Pokemons Becouse His Speed And Powerfull Moves
Favorite Electric type move Thunder Becouse Thunder Is Most Powerfull Electric Type Move

Welcome to the club. Electivire is a unique one. Never thought they'd evolve Electabuzz into an abominable-looking creature. Thunder is one of my favorite Electric moves too, I keep it in my back pocket for emergencies.

Ah look, another one of CloysterOyster's clubs!

Preferred username: Powerserge!
Partner Pokémon: Raikou
tumblr_mnu27h9XEw1s5x0txo1_500.jpg

Answer the current topic: This is a tough question...for right now I'll say Raikou. It's design perfectly combines a lot of natural imagery of electricity, and I really love how they incorporated these designs into what is seemingly an Electric-type Sabre-toothed tiger!
Favorite Electric type move: Zap Cannon! It's basically a coin-flip, and if you get heads the opponent is screwed!
Why do you like/love Electric type Pokémon?: I have always had an affinity for Electricity, and have always been interested in how it behaves and exists naturally. I guess that scientific and aesthetic curiosity made me fall in love with Electric-type Pokemon as well.

Welcome to the club. Raikou is an awesome choice. I was so close to catching it on my Crystal version years back. I wanted it because of its moves like Spark and Thunder and just to say I had another legendary one. I think Raikou has one of the best designs and colors of any Pokémon. They put alot of time into making him perfect. Zap Cannon was never in my favor, as I believe I had it used on me before and paralyzed my Pokémon. I like the last part you mentioned. Electricity behaves in so many ways that it fascinates me too.

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
I Cought Electivire On Pokemon Light Platinum And Pokemon Victory Fire
electivire.png

I Have There Moves In Pokemon LP
Thunder
Earthquake
Psychic
Flamethrower

This Is My Strongest Pokemon In Pokemon LP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to start a new topic if you guys don't mind - there's not much going on here at the moment so let's liven it up a bit!

Which do you prefer; Zapdos or Raikou? Why?

Spoiler:

It's a simple question and a battle between two thunder lords, but which is your favourite? Which do you think would win in a battle? Which do you prefer the design of? Discuss and compare and hopefully we'll find the best! :D

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'd like to start a new topic if you guys don't mind - there's not much going on here at the moment so let's liven it up a bit!

Which do you prefer; Zapdos or Raikou? Why?

Spoiler:

It's a simple question and a battle between two thunder lords, but which is your favourite? Which do you think would win in a battle? Which do you prefer the design of? Discuss and compare and hopefully we'll find the best! :D

How can I choose? I love them both. I think Raikou may have one up on Zapdos, as Zapdos is still part Flying. Raikou to me seems stronger of the two, so I think he'd beat Zapdos but not without a tough fight. I love Zapdos' lightning bolt-like wings and its eerie glare. Raikou's cloud mane and stripes are cool too, so it's hard to say that one has a better design than the other.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Raikou or Zapdos?

It's hard to choose between two great Pokemon. They both have their strengths, their flaws and individually they're both good legendaries. I'll start off with design. Raikou has always been one of my favourites- its this sort of badass growling tiger, with a thundercloud on its back. It always had this intimidating look to it and the real feeling of a legendary. Its powerful look took my breath away to be honest. Zapdos has a simple design and while I like it, it doesn't have the same feeling. It has this intimidating look, but really I just see it as this lightning coloured bird with spiky wings. Am I the only one? I'm not sure. While I do like Zapdos, Raikou wins in terms of design.

If they had a battle, I'd probably say Zapdos. While Raikou has access to all sorts of moves, I think Zapdos would win. With that Lightning Rod ability and a better special attack stat, it's quite devastating. Throw in the fact it has access to all sorts of moves, it is a pretty good opponent. Raikou does have access to a Calm Mind and Substitute set, but it really depends. Overall I think both of them stand a good fighting chance actually- so I'll call it a tie.

Overall though, I really like Raikou. I've always had love for these three, ancient beasts and while I used to really favour Zapdos, Raikou is something to behold. It's so powerful and can turn any team from bad to amazing, it's just that badass of a Pokemon, hence the name as a legendary beast. :]

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
Ooh! Electric type fan club? Me gusta.
Username: Crobatman.
Partner Pokemon: Luxio. It's got an array of nifty abilities, and It has that scowl on his face and that suits me just fine.
Current topic: I believe that Raikou beats Zapdos in every category. It has an awesome design, especially the black streaks on its fur. Also, Raikou has a small advantage over Zapdos. Raikou is purely Electeric, ergo, none of Zapdos`s types are any good against it. But Raikou can still do a respectable amount of damage due to Zapdos other type, flying.
Favorite move: Charge Beam. Especially when the pokemon using it has a metronome. Not only is the Sp. Atk. going up, but the metronome is powering up the move every turn.
I love Electric types because I get to see the best words in the game: "____ Is paralyzed! It can't move!"

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ooh! Electric type fan club? Me gusta.
Username: Crobatman.
Partner Pokemon: Luxio. It's got an array of nifty abilities, and It has that scowl on his face and that suits me just fine.
Current topic: I believe that Raikou beats Zapdos in every category. It has an awesome design, especially the black streaks on its fur. Also, Raikou has a small advantage over Zapdos. Raikou is purely Electeric, ergo, none of Zapdos`s types are any good against it. But Raikou can still do a respectable amount of damage due to Zapdos other type, flying.
Favorite move: Charge Beam. Especially when the pokemon using it has a metronome. Not only is the Sp. Atk. going up, but the metronome is powering up the move every turn.
I love Electric types because I get to see the best words in the game: "____ Is paralyzed! It can't move!"

Welcome to the club. Not familiar with Charge Beam but a little familiar with Luxio. I believe his evolutionary line should be changed to Electric/Dark in the new generation, since they look dark in color and nature.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
Thanks for letting me join!
Also,Charge beam is a special move, its power is 50, its accuracy is 90, and it has a 70% chance to raise the users Sp. Atk.
It would be pretty cool if Luxio was Electric/Dark. It would kinda make sense, considering some of the moves it learns and, like you said, its appearance and nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back