• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I'm too scared to PM Poccil with my problem (I've already bothered him too much lol), so does anyone have any idea how to fix this? (see this post),

EDIT: Congrats on getting your game up and running, Firemaker :D. Lol, seems like you haven't had a great deal of luck so far (error after error).

Last edited:

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
Well I'm not too gifted in this scripting language yet.
Try my problem. Go to PBS/tms.txt and remove all the new pokemon
Also, script PokemonOrgBattle.
Go through all txt's and scripts and remove pokemon.

Anyways, I got another error when I try to teleport.
Spoiler:

When I try to teleport to another map without a fade
Sometimes it teleports me back to the town I was in about 10 back and 5 blocks left
Other times it teleports and then it freezes
Its not majorly important yet, I still can function the game and everything else works okay.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Thanks for the help ;) . I'll try it out tonight; it's gonna take a loooong time to sort through tm.txt and remove all unwanted Pokemon.

Edit: Tried both. Still get the error.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
I successfully modified pbWildBattle and added another parameter that makes the Pokemon you battle automatically shiny. (It was a very easy edit, a if and a .makeShiny) Now I'm working on the fact that this kit doesn't display the shiny Pokemon anim or even play the noise.

So, anyone know how to play a animation? :P (Poccil, I guess this is basically directed at you).

I love editing the scripts of this starter kit! I might re-program the PokeGear to make it more like the G/S/E versions.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I love editing the scripts of this starter kit! I might re-program the PokeGear to make it more like the G/S/E versions.

Ooh, sounds good. Will you be releasing this revamped Pokegear? Because the standard one isn't very good at this stage.

And does ANYONE have ANY idea why I am STILL getting that error, even though I have removed all references of any Pokemon beyond number 251? It just doesn't make sense; my first line in pokemon.txt is exactly the same as normal, yet when booting up the standard starter kit I don't encounter this error.

Years
I successfully modified pbWildBattle and added another parameter that makes the Pokemon you battle automatically shiny. (It was a very easy edit, a if and a .makeShiny) Now I'm working on the fact that this kit doesn't display the shiny Pokemon anim or even play the noise.

So, anyone know how to play a animation? :P (Poccil, I guess this is basically directed at you).

Finally... someone different posting =P

Is there a call script for the encounter shiny Pokemon anyway? If not, then that, apart from the animation of shinies, is what Poccil could work on?

-Krobe

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
It would be quite easy to make a shiny animation as-is. Just play around in the animation editor with the original Tackle picture (i.e make a couple of little Tackle pictures fly around the Pokemon like stars and play a noise)

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
The animation editor doesn't seem to work for me. It shows me a picture, yet I am still in the field.
Mrchewy- Who said it was related to your pokemon? Maybe any .txt file is flawed. You may need to check them all.
Sorry if you are misguided.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Which script page is the one where it assigns a type to each Pokémon? I wish to edit it so it can assign triple types.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I know you can edit that, but it only allows you to assign two types. I need to edit the script page so that I can have three types.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You'll have to edit most of the PokeBattle scripts, the PokemonSummary script, and the Compiler (so you can put Type3= in pokemon.txt) to do that. I may have missed some out though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Anyone know which place(s) I go to to add a new type? If you need to know, it is the light type.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
PBTypes, then edit the image accordingly. I've just implemented a three type option successfully, with my own script! :D

EDIT: I can't seem to get the type showing in the summary. I set Bulbasaur as GRASS/POISON/GROUND, but the GROUND image won't show.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
It would be quite easy to make a shiny animation as-is. Just play around in the animation editor with the original Tackle picture (i.e make a couple of little Tackle pictures fly around the Pokemon like stars and play a noise)

Its not that I can't make it, its how to script it so that it plays when a shiny Pokemon appears. (pbAnimation?)

And yes, If it is any good I'll release it. (Edit: The PokeGear)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Mrchewy- Who said it was related to your pokemon? Maybe any .txt file is flawed. You may need to check them all.
Sorry if you are misguided.

Because it gets stuck on "Compiling Pokemon data", I presume it's having problems doing just that :/ lol

As for the animation editor, just use the RPGXP one (read: the one not in-game).

No one has any solution?

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
83,TEAMAMBERGRUNTm,TEAM AMBER,60,semifinal,,PkmRS_MagmaAquaE,Male
84,TEAMAMBER_MaleA,TEAM AMBER,40,semifinal,,PkmRS_MagmaAquaE,Male
These two trainer names are giving me the most stress of all. I can't figure out the problem. They have images.
Spoiler:
EDIT: They aren't scriptized I think,

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
Yes, it looks like the constants aren't scripted.
I don't have it open right now so I can't really help. (Lazyness FTW).

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
Nevermind, the problem was fixed.

A new one though. All my 64x64 sprites are mini compared to the ingame ones. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back