• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
S5030245.jpg

Shiny Giratina has just appeared in my English Platinum :D. I'll post more information when I finally capture the thing. It took me 6 days of SRing for it to appear.

EDIT:

Well the battle was one-sided, as Giratina tore through 5 of my 6 Pokemon, so I chucked the Masterball(as I was down to Houndoom, and Giratina got three stat boosts ><, darn Ancientpower).

I originally wanted to catch it in a Repeat Ball, but I threw the Masterball as it was my last resort(and I didn't want to make it the 3rd shiny Giratina I couldn't catch). My Synchronizer worked, and Giratina has a Modest nature ^_^.

Sparkle, Sparkle

Here are a few pictures of Giratina, in its Altered Forme:

Shiny Giratina
Modest nature
Stats

I'm not sure when I'll get to EV training this beautiful shiny Giratina, hopefully after I beat the E4 and get Pokerus/Macho Brace. Not sure what my next shiny target will be, going to play through the game for a bit.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wow Gratz on another shiny Giratina. I only started my platinum yesterday so I still have a long way to go on it. But my Jap copy is still yet to produce a shiny one. I also broke the hinge on my DS so I am using it less than normal till I can get it fixed.

Years
Congratulations, Storm! A great nature, too! :D

I'm around 7,200 Soft Resets for Dialga. I'll see if I can sneak away and hunt some more today, but I'm doubting the possibility. Only three days of school left... Final exams. So I won't hunt much at all this weekend, due to studying. I'm so nervous. x____x

Anyways, that would be all for now. Good luck to all.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Been soft resetting for Aerodactyl on LG and an interesting ID on Platinum. Both refuse to show their mugs. I also evolved my shiny Makuhita into a shiny Hariyama earlier this morning.

Over at SPPf, a shiny circuit is being hosted. I would post here about it, too, but half the people that still post here are active at Serebii, so what's the point?

templekeeper, to be officially admitted into the club, you'll have to wait for a co-owner. You can still continue to post here, however.

Congrats on the new shinies, everyone, and good luck. Especially if you haven't gotten a new shiny recently.

*wonder when he will get his next shiny*

Years
templekeeper: Welcome to the club!

Alinthea: You're trying to tell us that you've captured FIVE of the hardest shiny Pokémon to capture of all within a period of ONE WEEK? You've got some serious explaining to do. You have four options:

1. Fess up.
  2. Offer a convincing explanation of what's going on. A full description of your SR method would help.
  3. Meet me on wi-fi. Friend code 2965 5138 8408. VM me to negotiate a date/time. I'll ask you to trade me one of these suspect shinies in exchange for one of mine. (I'll tell you which one at the time. Cloning is fine.) I'll verify its legitimacy at that time, then trade back. I expect that the Pokémon I receive will match what's shown in the pictures you provided. I'm saving these pictures to my hard disk so you don't change them after the fact, in case you wanted to further hack them to make them appear "more legitimate."
  4. Leave the club.

Honestly, it takes in the range of half an hour per SR for each of these. That's an expected duration of 171 DAYS straight (no food, no sleep) PER SHINY. Capturing one of these is the stuff of legend.

The odds of ALL THREE birds being shiny is a whopping ONE in 549,755,813,888 -- FIVE HUNDRED BILLION. (And that's if the RNG even allows for three consecutive shiny values under these circumstances.) You'd have also seen and SRed over somewhere in the range of 46,516,320 occurrences where only two or one of the birds were shiny.

Seriously now, if you're going to lie, at least do it right.

If through some statistical miracle, what you're saying is true, then you should be expecting our skepticism (you should also be in disbelief, yourself), so it should cause you no offense.

---

Sorry for my inactivity. My new job's been eating most of my time. No new shinies. Still chewing at Chikorita and Kyogre.

Edit: Almost forgot! My new job involves ASP.NET, and I'm taking a liking to it, so I might put together a script to auto-generate SHC cards. I could update them instantaneously! The shop would be back in business! I don't know when I'll get this done, but look forward to it.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
No luck on shinies as of now. I think I used it all up on the Musada's method, when I got 6 shiny oddishes.

Years
templekeeper: Welcome to the club!

Alinthea: You're trying to tell us that you've captured FIVE of the hardest shiny Pokémon to capture of all within a period of ONE WEEK? You've got some serious explaining to do. You have four options:

1. Fess up.
  2. Offer a convincing explanation of what's going on. A full description of your SR method would help.
  3. Meet me on wi-fi. Friend code 2965 5138 8408. VM me to negotiate a date/time. I'll ask you to trade me one of these suspect shinies in exchange for one of mine. (I'll tell you which one at the time. Cloning is fine.) I'll verify its legitimacy at that time, then trade back. I expect that the Pokémon I receive will match what's shown in the pictures you provided. I'm saving these pictures to my hard disk so you don't change them after the fact, in case you wanted to further hack them to make them appear "more legitimate."
  4. Leave the club.

Honestly, it takes in the range of half an hour per SR for each of these. That's an expected duration of 171 DAYS straight (no food, no sleep) PER SHINY. Capturing one of these is the stuff of legend.

The odds of ALL THREE birds being shiny is a whopping ONE in 549,755,813,888 -- FIVE HUNDRED BILLION. (And that's if the RNG even allows for three consecutive shiny values under these circumstances.) You'd have also seen and SRed over somewhere in the range of 46,516,320 occurrences where only two or one of the birds were shiny.

Seriously now, if you're going to lie, at least do it right.

If through some statistical miracle, what you're saying is true, then you should be expecting our skepticism (you should also be in disbelief, yourself), so it should cause you no offense.
It is a statistical miracle and I haven't taken any offense from anyone who has questioned me, because I would do EXACTLY the same thing.

I will have to go with option 2. I can't send them to you because I don't have any wireless. I do have a WIFI USB, however, because I am at University and I am on a network called ResNet, I can not use it.
Too access the Internet, I have to log on with my username and password from the University. Because the USB doesn't have the software to allow me to sign on using the USB, it won't let me connect. I spoke to the tech support and they told me the same thing :/
Here is my service provider so you know I ain't making it up!
University Of The West Of England Website - Resnet Information Page
Here shows that I have to log on to access the Internet:
Log on page screen shot from ResNet

Ok.
I know I said they were all on 1HP and asleep and then said I used Wabby to get them down. Both of these are correct.
At the start, I whittled them down after SR'ing for them. Once shiny, they stay shiny, yep? So, I started to false swipe once I got them. They ran and it took a while, but running back and forth on Route 202, changing in the town then back out constantly, and looking at the Poketec app thing, where it tracks all running Pokemon, I saw when a Pokemon was there.
So I repeated this, until they were on 1HP and asleep.
Then, I had Wabby first in my party, so they couldn't run from then on. But, sleep doesn't last :/. So when they did wake up, they attacked and Wabby took it, but they used Roost to go back up to half, then full. So THEN, I had to use Wabbys Mirror Coat and Counter.

I am not sure what else to include...
Any more questions?
I am happy to show any stats to show they are legit. Uhh, moves, so on so on.

I completely understand you guys don't believe me, and I DO NOT take offense. I haven't been blessed with wireless, since I am a student, to show you. I can't afford a Wireless router to get wireless and show you.
I only have an old Webcam, so I don't have any software to make a video and show you. Also, hence the poor quality of the pictures :/

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Dude.. just give up >_> I don't think you are going win this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I just got national dex in platinum ^_^ hurray I beat my lazyness. Now to chain like crazy

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm thinking of trying to SR for a shiny dratini in Leaf Green. I never obtained a shiny in the 3rd gen.

Years
Dude.. just give up >_> I don't think you are going win this one.
I am not going to "Give up" because, even thought it is hard to believe, I am telling the truth. I have been a member of the SH's for a long, long time. No reason for me to lie now.

I'm thinking of trying to SR for a shiny dratini in Leaf Green. I never obtained a shiny in the 3rd gen.
Good luck :D
Dratini is a cool shiny Pokemon.
I love Dragonair. I always thought it looked cool, shiny or not!

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
Years
Can i please join? Ive been hunting for a while, with worthwhile results. My most recent scalp was a Bellsprout. :3. Ill try to get a camera to get pics up. /poor/

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I remember my first shiny in 3rd gen... I got so excited I ran from it by mistake... Oh those were the days. xD

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally caught an SR shiny. (my first) I got Palkia last night, took me a fair amount of time and I didn't even notice straight away it was shiny, was watching bleach while SRing and when I looked down I had the lovely shinyness staring back at me. I will get some pictures when I get my new camera battery. The old one stopped working due to me not using it or something. So I am waiting for it to arrive.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I'm in a pretty good mood tonight, I snagged a random encounter shiny Snover :D. I was chaining for a Snover(to complete a lag in the shiny circuit on serebii) and I ran into a normal patch. When the Snover was on the screen, there were sparkles ^_^. I caught him in a Luxury Ball after missing with a Dusk Ball.(the first Luxury Ball I threw was so I could get the sparkles)

ZOMG, Shiny Snover
Sparkle, Sparkle
Nickname Screen(no shinydex)

Shiny Snover
Careful nature
Stats

My main target to get now is shiny Heatran in my English copy of Platinum. I'm on Day 2 of SRing for the shiny beast, hopefully it will pop up before I go on vacation at the end of the month ^_^. Congrats to you guys on your new shinies.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
This.
That's barely a probability. It's almost a certainty that this will NEVER happen to ANYBODY.

MetalMario said:
Edit: Almost forgot! My new job involves ASP.NET, and I'm taking a liking to it, so I might put together a script to auto-generate SHC cards. I could update them instantaneously! The shop would be back in business! I don't know when I'll get this done, but look forward to it.
:D :D :D
Needless to say, that is some EXCELLENT news.

Congratulations, Razer, on the shiny Palkia! *jealous*

Good luck, everyone.

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
May i join?
Call me Artonkn :D

And I got a quite a few shinys.
PIKACHU
DIALGA
LUXRAY
LUCARIO
SKUNTANK
RATATA x2
BIDOOF
RELICANTH
GOLEM
PIKACHU
DIALGA

And I do hunt for shinys :D

Last edited:

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
May I please join? Oftentimes I don't even hunt for shinies, but sometimes I do. I'm of the school that believes shinies come to you on their own tim (yes, LOL). But at the moment I'm hunting for a shiny Chinchou/Lanturn on Route 220, which has a 35% appearance rate total.

But anyways, here's my (mostly surprise) random shiny list!

3rd Gen:

Raichu: Caught as a Pikachu in my Emerald while in the Safari Zone hunting for Light Balls. And my 3rd Gen Safari Zone luck isn't that godly; I saw a shiny Nidoran female in my LeafGreen that decided to run from me. XD

4th Gen:

Floatzel: Caught as a Buizel just outside of Pastoria in my Diamond. I hadn't even beaten the Elite 4 when I saw her!

Pelipper: Caught on the water route between the Sunyshore and Victory Road in my Diamond. I got him just before the Elite 4, but I ended up trading him. :(

Machop: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 when EV-training a random normal Sunflora. The curious thing about this one is that afterwards, I didn't see a single shiny from July 2007 until October 2008, in which I saw and caught three.

Bidoof: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 when trying to Pokeradar a Hoothoot. My drought-ending random shiny!

Dewgong: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 (obviously) when hunting for a good, competitively useful Calm Seel/Dewgong. My party was headed with a Calm Syncher, and it was taking me a long while. I actually predicted finding her to an extent; the predicament reminded me of my long summer day trying to find a Light Ball Pikachu in my Emerald (which got me a shiny). And the funny thing is that they're both Calm-natured! :P

Delcatty: My most recent Diamond shiny. I hatched her post-Elite 4 when trying to get a suitable female Jolly Skitty for breeding purposes. She's Calm-natured, but the best thing about her is that she knows Baton Pass! :D (And no, neither of her parents were foreign; one was a Lopunny I bred and the other was a shiny Skitty I Pokeradared. GSC shinies anyone?)

And I'm currently hunting for Chinchou/Lanturn for two main reasons. One is that Lanturn's a cool-looking, seldom-seen shiny, and the other is that I've seen shinies in every thinkable method in my Diamond aside from fishing. I've ran in grass, ran in caves, Pokeradared, and even hatched them, but I've never fished one up in my Pokemon career. Wish me luck guys! :D

Years
Lots of new people joining nowadays. Y'all can hang out here until MetalMario inducts y'all.

So, I'm around 7,750 SRs for Platinum Dialga. Once I get around 8,200, I'm going to restart. I haven't found anything thus far, and that's over 12,000 total Pokémon, including SRs.

I'm also sad to see that people have started abusing the Platinum RNG for shinies.

And finally, I have heard that the three birds cannot all be shiny. Only one of them.

So good luck to all, and congrats on all recent shinies.

Years
I mean for Pokémon like Palkia, and such, plus, I've been grounded. So I wouldn't have had the chance to discover that. I'm still sad to see it, nevertheless.

I'm going to be restarting Platinum tonight, after I've traded everything over.

Back