• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragons' Plight (IC) (M)

Years
Dragons' Plight
OOC/SU thread

Prologue

Outside, snow fell down from the sky slowly, covering the ground in a white blanket. The church bells rang as a wedding was about to begin. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of Asliana's life… The day that the young woman married the man of her dreams, Alexander Marshall.

The young woman took a deep breath, and started to walk down the aisle, heading towards her soon-to-be husband and the pastor who would be wedding them. Her father also stood at the front next to Alexander. Asliana's face was covered by a veil, and her white dress moved ever so slightly as she slowly walked down the aisle. She stopped next to Alexander, both facing the pastor as he began the ceremony.

Alexander turned to face Asliana, taking her hands in his as they finished their wedding vows. "Do you, Alexander Marshall, take Asliana Halle as your lawfully wedded wife?" the pastor asked, looking directly at the groom.

Alexander smiled, looking directly at Asliana. "I d-" But, before he could finish, a loud sound could be heard outside. Almost as if something heavy had fallen from the sky near the church. Then, within seconds, a gaping hole was ripped in the church's ceiling by large, black claws. Asliana's eyes widened as she turned around to see a large, red dragon staring directly at her and Alexander. She was frozen in fear as the dragon reached for her, but she was pushed back by Alexander just before the dragon could grab her. But, he not only saved the young bride… He also gave his life to save hers.

Asliana watched, frozen in fear as the dragon's claws wrapped around Alexander and lifted him up out of the church. She watched in terror as the man that she was to marry was torn to shreds. The only sound she made was a scream as guards dragged her away from the scene, her eyes swelling with tears.

---------------

Asliana took a deep breath and glanced back at those she had convinced to work with her to complete her goal, her long, black hair being blown by the wind. Her gaze was then directed to the cave that the group had gathered in front of. A fire could be seen illuminating the cave from the back. Silently, Aliana stepped inside to see the dragon that resided there sleeping. She gave a quick nod to those who were with her, and lightning began to crackle in her hands.

Almost as quickly as the spark formed, she launched it at the dragon, awakening it. As the dragon woke, Asliana unsheathed her sword and pointed it at the dragon. "Prepare to meet your true fate, vile creature," she said, glaring at the dragon before her.

The dragon pushed himself to his feet, and glared at the group of Dragon Slayers. Seeing the hostility in the way they stood and looked at him, the dragon sighed. "You lot don't know wha-" Before he could finish, Asliana had already launched another charge of electricity at him.

With that, a battle between them broke out. After a long, and seemingly impossible battle, Asliana made the final blow on the dragon, slaying him then and there. As she did so, a look of determination entered her gaze. Any doubts she had about doing this disappeared… All of her hard work over the past couple of years had not gone to waste, and she knew from then on, she would be able to accomplish her goal, which was to seek out, and kill, the dragon that had caused her so much pain and misery over the years, as well as kill any other dragon that stood in her path...

Plot Summary

This roleplay takes place in Medieval times, in a land where magic, dragons, etc. exists. In this time, a group of dragon slayers has risen to remove the, what they think to be, vile creatures known as dragons from the world. With the first dragon having been slain, news has traveled quickly. As such, a small group of dragons has come together to track down and stop these dragon slayers, though will they be able to stop them in a semi-peaceful manner? Or will an unavoidable fight break out? With both parties almost assured to meet eventually, it's only a matter of time until the fate of the dragons is decided...

Setting

The roleplay takes place in a Medieval setting, in a world filled with magical creatures, magic, and much more. The climate of the land that this roleplay takes place in, which is called Havenedge, depends on where you're located. The more northern regions are covered in mountains, ice, and snow. The rivers that flow through this region are almost always frozen. The ocean in the northern regions is home to several glaciers, and the ocean is often times hazarded with ice, even in the summer, spring, and autumn.

The more southern regions are warmer, though it occasionally snows in the winter. The land is bordered with sandy beaches, and fishing is much more common when you're closer to the coast. Several temperate forests are located in this region, which are filled with deer, and other game to be hunted. The land is also dotted with several lakes, rivers, and farms.

The Northern Region is home to the city of Snow Grotto in the northwest near the coast. This city's economy is focused on what is caught in the region's freezing ocean. Aeroshill is located in the northeast, near one of Havenedge's many mountain ranges. This city's economy is based off of the mines, which are underneath, and inside the mountains which surround the city.

The Southern Region holds the city of Sandymont, which is located along the southern coast, towards the center. This city's economy is based on fishing and trading with other lands. The city of Crossbere is located beyond one of the Southern Regions' many forests, and is located more to the southeast. This city's economy is focused around the farms that surround the city, and hunting in the near-by forest.

The capital city, Earthbriar, is located in the center of Havenedge. Though it's chillier than the Southern Region, it's not quite as cold as the Northern Region. Earthbriar's economy is based on tourism, as several people visit the capitol city each day. This city is also home to several wealthy people, including the King and Queen, which watch over Havenedge as a whole. Several farms also surround the city.

Havenedge is also dotted with several villages, who's economy's are based off of whatever city they are closest to.

Rules

1. Follow all of the rules of the Roleplaying Corner, and the PokeCommunity Forums.

2. Romance is allowed, and is actually encouraged. Just remember to keep things PG-13 :p

3. A Dragon Slayer does not necessarily have to hate all dragons, just be sure to give them a fairly good reason for being a Dragon Slayer c:

4. All dragons have the ability to transform into a human form, which can be quite useful at certain points of the roleplay.

5. No 'neutral' characters will be accepted. Though neutrals can add to the plot of the story sometimes, other times they just distract from the main plot, which isn't something that we want to to do all that often. Though, it is fine if a character decides to break away from their main group for a while later on in the rp.

6. No characters like the following:
- A human who wishes to stop the Dragon Slayers and help the Dragons.
- A Dragon who wishes to help the Dragon Slayers for whatever reason.

Though character like this may be interesting, it would be, all around, be rather difficult to pull off. Especially the second one.

7. Though, don't be fooled by the last rule, though I won't be accepting characters like that right off the bat, as the rp progresses, a character betraying their faction will be allowed, as it'll cause drama between characters, which can be quite fun to roleplay~

8. Feel free to create as many characters as you feel that you can handle, though I don't want anyone pushing themselves to make the most characters :p

9. Please be reasonable with character deaths. If a character takes a fatal wound, then there's a high chance that they will die. Though, remember that you can always create another character to replace them c:​

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Zerachiel - The Solar Dragon
Chapter I - The Revelation of the Dragon Slayers

Zera looked around himself, his arms as usual were shackled with long steel chains that ran to the stone walls around him. The room was cylinder in shape and could be considered to be a aqueduct, he supposed. The humans had tried to make his time as a prisoner as unpleasant as possible. They filled a portion of his room, the opposite portion of the dungeon-door, with water and had the chains pulling at his arms and neck. Any normal mortal would had died long ago.

Zera had accumulated all his knowledge of the humans from his four hundred year observations. He felt that they were foolish, ignorant, and weak. He should personally take it upon himself to erase they're race from the face of Havenedge. If not for the few people that had impressed him over the centuries, he just might of done it.

His lengthy ears caught the sounds of heeled soles clacking against the floor. He had a good guess of who it was; her steps were always a bit hasty. He lifted his head a bit as the slide to the dungeon door pulled open and her face peeked through it. His white, gleaming hair fell down pass his hair in straight strands.

"Zerachiel." she whispered, her innocent violet eyes were wrinkled with worry, her brunette curls falling around them. "Are you awake?" she asked, her old-fashioned accent lulling in his ears.

"You know I do not sleep, Queen Lynnette. Your family has surely spoken to you of this" Was his only response as a ray of sun radiated over his iridescent back.

Lynnette sighed lightly before unlocking the door and entering. As usual she ran up and bowed out of respect. "They have," she said, pulling herself back up and smiling. "I just happen to forget. A new Queen cannot be expected to remember everything now can she?"

"Only a fledgling would walk through life without the knowledge of flying." He lectured, his deep voice bouncing off the walls and echoing a beautiful melody to the ears of the mortal. Zera could see the felicity on her still face as she took it in.

He waited for her to indulge herself in the echo of his voice. A second later she would lower herself to the floor, something that was unorthodox for most rulers. Zera looked dispassionate into her wide eyes. "It is not that I do not have it-" Lynnette said. "It just slips my mind at the moment."

Then her face fell slightly, the hints of sorrow bending the corners of her lips down. "I come seeking advice, Lord Zerachiel. I was not sure if an infinite being was all knowing or not. . . but-" She sighed, pausing with that breathe.

Zera was a patient being, he had had four hundred years to deal with the fragile feelings of a human being, too decipher them. "Speak Lynnette, don't let this weigh on you any longer. Lest you wish you plague me with worry." He told her smoothly. If he could he would have reached out to touch her face, the warmth of the sun in his body surely feeling like a rag of compassion.

Lynnette seemed drawn in by his voice, almost stuck in its articulation. Her body inched a bit forwards and her face blushed a bit red before she had shook her head and regained her composure. "I wish not worry you." She said hastily. "So I will speak of my concerns." She rose off the floor gracefully and made her way to the door of the dungeon, again she looked through the bars to the outside and listening for any spying ears.

After a moment or two she returned to the towering being. She intertwined her fingers together in front of her chest as if praying and closed her eyes. "My Kingdom is stuck between two conflicting forces Zerachiel, I know not what to do and I have little that can combat this." She distressed. "Dragons, have tormented us for so long. . ."

Zera's ears twitched just a bit and her eyes lifted open.

"But even more malicious is this new group called the Dragon Slayers. They take what they want and do what they please. Many of them do not care if our small Kingdom is trapped inbetween their battleground. They will roll us down without mercy to get their kill. To slay all Dragons is their mission and thier accomplishing it." Her lips curled back with disgust as she said kill.

But so did Zerachiel's and his was much more terrifying than her's. With his head hung low, he shattered the thick links of steel with ease. A slight pull from his arms and they broke like twigs in a forest.

"W-will you. . . " Lynnette continued, appall or maybe amazement hindering her normal speech.

He waded through the water to the stone steps that would lead onto the cold stone of the dungeon floor. The chain clasped around his neck held firm for a second before shattering with his forging path. He stepped towards the stumbling back queen, her cheeks rosy and yet her face fearful.

His long slender fingers touch her chin and moved her face upwards to look into his crimson slants. "Repeat yourself, queen of men."

"Wi-Wi-" she started before she was quickly interrupted.

"Not that. What did you call the group from earlier?" He asked her calmly, her face finally attempting to wrench itself from his gaze but having no luck.

"You mean the Dragon Slayers?" She stammered fearfully.

A instant of lost control and like that the queen's neck had been snapped backwards, her head facing the ceiling. He let the body fall back before letting the horror of his true form appear. The sun light coming from the ceiling wrapped around his body in a pure white sphere. It pulsed terribly, growing with each heartbeat until the dungeon could no longer constrain its size and crumbled.

He could no long register his humanity, the desire that had once urged him to be human, too empathize with them. He had endured their torture for four centuries but he could not indulge their arrogance.

The sphere shattered, releasing a massive cloud of steam and a vociferous roar in its wake. Zerachiel turned his spear-like head towards the sky and shook the very air with his voice. He tore through the castle with ease before rising into the air and flying off in anger.​

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #96C7EB; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 552px;"]

Alaerth | Alaerth's territory

Alaerth slowly shut his eyes, feeling the rush of wind blowing past him, across his body and his wings while his tail lazily swiped through the air behind him. He glided along the currents of hot air keeping him afloat far above the mountain where his home was. He could see far into the horizon; The forest below spanning for miles and miles, the small chain of mountains reaching slightly to the north-east and the massive lake that lay just beyond his home, at the foot of the mountain, within the forest.

A smile grazed the blue dragon's expression at both the feeling of soaring across the skies, a happy, rumbling growl erupting from within his chest as he pulled his wings tighter against his body, suddenly diving downwards. He decided to have himself some fun and spun around himself for a while before suddenly changing course to moving up again, his wings unfolding once more, though this time, he was slowly descending from the heights.

This is perfect. No better way to start a day than with a long flight. And the weather is great. Maybe I'll have a nap on one of the large rocks next to the lake. He pondered as he continued gliding downwards, his tounge shooting out of his mouth to taste the air. Hrmh… though maybe I should get myself a meal first. I could head to the village and see what the humans are up to. He paused, his brow furrowing as he tried to make a decision. I'm sure I'll think of something by the time I'm on the ground. For now… I think I'll just enjoy the descent. he concluded with a nod to himself, along with another, content smile.
[/div]

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
On top of a mountain in the southern region ...

Aster Raleigh

The unmistakable sound of a sword being sheathed could be heard coming from Aster as he placed one of his swords onto his back. He dusted himself off before staring deep into the landscape around the mountain. He found himself situated in the beautiful southern region. The sun shone bright in the sky almost dazing Aster for a few seconds. The clear blue sky was dotted with small clouds here and there. A gentle breeze would roll by every so often and the birds could be faintly heard chirping in the forest below. Although behind Aster the scenery was not so beautiful. Behind him lay a large, lifeless flying demon or more commonly known to the people of the region as a 'dragon'. The dragon wasn't long dead, the smell of charred earth still lingered near the warriors. While it may seem grim, it was a cause of celebration for the Dragonslayers. It was the first dragon they had taken down together as a team. A mighty beast which put up a good fight, but alas was overwhelmed by the might and coordination of the warriors. Luckily no-one was injured either, another good reason to celebrate.

Aster broke out of his stare and turned around to face the dragon and his companions. While he was overjoyed about the fact that together with his fellow warriors, they managed to fell a dragon, he couldn't help but feel annoyed about the fact that the dragon was not that which attacked his hometown. He yearned for revenge, he wanted to avenge his mother and father and nothing was going to stop him from finding that dragon. Aster knew dragons existed but the question that remained in his mind was how many? Depending on the numbers, Aster might never find the dragon he searches for. He grit his teeth and shook his head, freeing himself from these thoughts. He took a deep breath and looked around with the unmistakable smell of charred earth now filling his lungs. He turned to his companions and wondered, "What do we do now?"

Meanwhile in a cave on top of a different mountain in the southern region:

Kargen

Kargen stood on the edge of her cave and looked down towards the land below. Her cave might be difficult to get to, but at least she's safe there from any attackers. She jumped out of the cave, barreling downwards until she opened her wings allowing herself to slow down before starting to glide across the sky. Kargen flapped her wings to give herself a boost in height before returning to her gliding state once more. She could feel the cool air rushing past her face along with the deafening sound of the wind roaring in her ears as she soared gracefully. It's been 600 years since Kargen roamed the skies, so the sensation was more than enjoyable for her. Her enjoyment was short lived as it was interrupted by the low grumbling of her stomach, and then it hit her, she's been sleeping for 600 years, she was starving! Being completely new to this land, she had no idea where to hunt for food. As she continued to fly through the sky, at the corner of her eye she noticed a small lake in the center of a forest. Dying for a drink, she soared downwards towards the crystal clear pool.

She opened her wings as she hovered a few feet above the ground before drawing them in and coming crashing down to the ground with a thud. She adjusted herself so that she stood right in front of the lake. She peered in and saw her reflection in the water as she lowered herself down for a drink. Raising herself up, Kargen closed her eyes and enjoyed the cool refreshing water. Opening her eyes again, she turned around and looked into the forest to see if she could see anything that would be worth eating. Nothing, not a single thing appeared within her sight. Disappointed, she turned back to face the water once more to take a drink, her mind still ultimately focused on food.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #96C7EB; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 552px;"]

Alaerth & Kargen | Near Alaerth's Home

Alaerth continued to slowly circle downwards through the clouds and skies, enjoying the nice start of the day, when something... unfamiliar caught his nose. He sniffed a little again, turning his head around to try and locate the vague, although strange scent. After a few moments of looking around, he noticed a figure down below, next to the lake. He was still very high up, but it wasn't hard to see that the figure was rather large. He kept gliding downwards in a spiral, narrowing his eyes as he got closer and closer, and eventually, a pang of realization went through his mind.

It's... another dragon? I can't believe it! But... what's another dragon doing here? The townsfolks' stories have always led me to believe that other dragons are very territorial and almost solely sticks to one place... He felt a mixture of excitement and worry at the prospect of meeting this new dragon. The first dragon he'd be meeting in all of his life, actually.

The forest lake shimmered as the strong sun beamed down from the sky above. Whilst beautiful, Kargen paid little attention as she continued to wonder about where to get food in these strange lands. She needed to eat soon or her strength would weaken, leaving her an easy target for humans or perhaps even another dragon. She took another look in through the trees but again was unsuccessful in her efforts. She continued to look through until she whipped her head round, full sure that she heard something. She looked around the trees beside her and even over by the pool, but there was nothing there. She brushed it off, believing it was her imagination and continued to look through the trees.

As if on cue, Alaerth had come gliding downwards as quietly as he could before finally giving his wings a firm flap to slow his descent considerably, leaving him hovering above the ground a short ways away from Kargen, just in case this dragon would decide to attack him. He finally landed on the ground with a loud thump, wings folding along his back as he stared at this newcomer he'd never seen before.

Kargen continued to peer in through the trees until she heard a loud thump behind her, she immediately spun round and to her surprise, there stood a dragon not thirty feet from where she was standing. He was light blue with a yellow underbelly and had jagged edges running all the way from his head right down to his tail. He looked to be about the same size but Kargen's father told her never to underestimate a dragon based on its size. Kargen had no idea what to do. It was the first time she ever met a dragon that was from outside of her family group. Was he friendly? Was he about to attack?

Kargen finally decided it was better to try and scare him off than run. If she ran, that'd mean she was a coward and Kargen is no coward. It's been a long time since her father taught her about combat but she remembered the basics. She started growling, snapping her jaw and exhaling heavily. I can take this guy if he attacks, no problem ... although I hope he doesn't. I'm pretty weak at the moment so I don't know either ... no I can take him. She continued to snarl and blow steam from her nostrils as she prepared herself for what was about to happen next.

Alaerth dug his claws into the ground as the other dragon began growling and generally behaving rather hostile. His eyes narrowed and his teeth bared as he let out a rumbly growl as well. I guess a friendly dragon was too much to hope for... He made himself look as large as possible, his tail swinging from side to side behind him before he opened his mouth, growling out his words while his eyes were fixed square on her. "... I hope you realize you were the one coming into -my- territory and not the other way around. If you attack, then you have no one to blame but yourself."

To Kargen's surprise he actually spoke, rather than just attacking straight away! As much as Kargen hated being wrong, he had a point. She WAS in his territory and she was the outsider, not him. He's right, I am trespassing in his land. But what do I do? If I let my guard down he might attack. Maybe that's what he's trying to do! Make me lower my guard, so that he can attack me. I don't know if I can risk it.

She kept her eyes fixated on him as she thought about what to do. It was probably better to cool off before this escalated any further, but that meant admitting she was weak. But the real problem was that exactly, she was weak, with hunger. It was a tough decision to make but Kargen decided to stop with the aggressive advances and cease the hostility, on her side anyway. She opened her mouth and growled in a low tone at this other dragon, still bitter about the fact that she had to lower her advances first. "What now?" she snarled.

Equally as surprised at Kargen had been before, Alaerth watched the other dragon back somewhat off. He had expected her to either just turn and flee, or actually attack him. He decided that it would be best if he showed that he wasn't about to attack her either, so he relaxed his body somewhat, not gripping the ground any longer and lowering himself somewhat down. He was at a bit of a loss of what to do now, he'd never imagined his first meeting with another dragon would go like this. "Well... mrh. Why don't you tell me what brought you here in the first place? I didn't know there were any other dragons nearby. Or are you from farther away than this region?"

Much to Kargen's surprise, Alaerth also backed off. A wave of relief rained over Kargen as she saw the dragon lower himself down. Kargen's first meeting with an outside dragon was fairly rough but at least no one got hurt which was a plus. Especially considering that with each passing minute, Kargen was getting hungrier and weaker. After the hostility had seemingly dispersed Alaerth surprisingly asked Kargen where she was from. "I come from a region far away from here. I flew here after my parents decided to leave me to fend on my own. I decided that staying in my home would perhaps bring back too many bad memories. So I fled the nest and eventually stumbled upon this region. I flew high up into the southern mountains and rested there for a long time. I left my cave this morning to explore this land and then that's when I came down here for a drink and well you know the rest". Kargen had just told him all this information before even stopping to realize what she had said. I Might as well ask the same . "So what about you? Where are you from?"

Alaerth didn't know why, but for some reason, he felt inclined to share as much with this other dragon as he could. Now that he knew she wasn't hostile (Or at least, believed that she wasn't), he was a lot more excited about this first meeting, even going so far as to offering her a smile. "I'm actually from around here." He turned his head and gestured back at the mountain behind them. "Grew up here and I've stayed in this area ever since. Nobody knows I live here, which I know because i occasionally go to the nearby human town in disguise, listen to rumors and the like."

He paused before stepping closer, brushing past her as he leaned down to drink from the lake for a few moments, lifting his head afterwards, turning to her once more. "... I'm sorry for the hostile welcome. My name is Alaerth. I've never heard of a dragon or even a human coming from a different region than Havenedge. Have you been flying for long?"

"I'm pleased to meet you Alaerth. My name is Kargen." Kargen was starting to warm up to Alaerth, he seemed friendly and he did lower his guard after Kargen lowered hers. He brushed past her in order to drink from the lake which sat beside them. As he leaned down, Kargen turned her head to the side and grit her teeth. The pain in her stomach was getting worse as time progressed. The main problem was the fact that Kargen had no idea where to find food in these lands. Her only hope was her new found friend Alaerth. "I've been flying for a good while now but today is my first day in a long number of years." She paused after saying this, should she tell him of the hunger? He will definitely know she's weak then. She'll be a walking target if the wrong person found out. Her stomach ached from the pain and she grit her teeth once more. "Listen Alaerth, I know we have just met and this is sort of a strange thing to ask at a time like this but do you have any food? Or know of any good hunting grounds? I've been sleeping for years and I have no idea where to look within these lands. The pain in my stomach gets worse by the minute."

Alaerth had heard of dragons' ability to sleep for hundreds, even thousands of years at a time, but he'd never experienced any need or wanting to on his part, which made him all the more curious about Kargen. His brows furrowed somewhat at her hunger, nodding slowly as he turned his head to look across the lake. "... I've been hunting in and around this forest for over five hundred years. I know exactly what you need." He turned his head back to her and sent her another smile before unfolding his wings, bending his legs and kicking off of the ground with a powerful flap of his wings, setting off towards the opposite side of the lake while calling out "Follow me!" behind him.

Kargen couldn't help but smile upon hearing Alaerth's response. Alaerth's told her of his experience hunting within the area. This gave Kargen a huge sigh of relief. Alaerth kicked off the ground and proceeded to head to what Kargen could assume was the hunting grounds. He shouted back telling Kargen to follow him and Kargen did just exactly that. She spanned her wings out, kicked off the ground and gave her wings a flap, sending dust and dirt flying through the air as she proceeded to follow Alaerth.

The two dragons flew across the wide-spanning forest, Alaerth staring downwards while taking an occasional whiff of the air while his mind was occupied with thoughts about Kargen. How she'd just appeared out of nowhere and that she had no idea about anything in this land. Alaerth himself didn't have great knowledge of it, but he knew his way around the immediate area, if anything else.

Just then, he spotted what he'd been looking for. A massive boar, almost half the size of him was standing in a clear in the forest below, snuffling for truffles. Alaerth's eyes narrowed as he circled in the sky a few times before finally pressing his wings close to his sides, diving down wards as silently as he could. Just before making contact with the dire boar, the creature lifted its head in alert, starting to make a run for it, but Alaerth had already extended his claws and managed to grab onto the now squealing pig as he crashed down on top of it. The boar wasn't completely dead as it snorted and squealed, trying to escape from underneath him, but Alaerth managed to finish it off with a quick grab of his teeth and a snap of his neck.

Letting out a huff at the brief struggle, he stepped back from the boar and raised his head to look up at the circling Kargen, taking in a breath of air before letting out a roar, which both sent birds nearby scattering from the trees and hopefully let Kargen know that it was safe to come down and eat.

Kargen circled overhead and watched as the struggle below ensued. It didn't take much effort for Alaerth to take the boar down. A massive roar came from the ground below, Kargen was unsure what this meant but decided to head down anyway. She tucked her wings in by her side and bulleted down towards the ground. Before she hit the ground, she opened up her wings to slow herself down before dangling a few feet above the ground before drawing them in and crashing on to the ground. She looked over as Alaerth stood beside the boar which he had finished off, she crept forward cautiously, unsure whether a dragon could feed on another's kill. Her father certainly didn't allow her. But she was too weak to even think about trying to take on a boar of her own. Kargen never did like feeding herself while she was in her dragon form. She knew she could transform into a human but didn't want to do it right in full view of Alaerth. Then she remembered what he said earlier about heading into town. I occasionally go to the nearby human town in disguise. Kargen was intrigued. It certainly was an odd thing to say. Did this mean that Alaerth could transform as well? She couldn't risk it and decided to feed while in her dragon form for now.

She leaned down and began to feed herself. The more she fed herself, the more the pain in her stomach subsided up until the point where it was gone completely. While it may not have been the most flattering introduction for herself at least now she was fed and back to full strength. She looked down and noticed that there was next to nothing left for Alaerth. "Oh ... I apologize. I may have been a bit greedy".

Having taken a seat on the ground nearby during her meal, Alaerth shook his head and offered another smile. "Oh, no, I'm the one who should apologize. I killed it, even though you were the one going to eat it. That just seems... wrong, to me. But I thought that if you were very hungry, you might have been gorged a bit by the boar, which I have been in the past when I was entirely focused." He looked a little sheepish for a moment before flicking his tail to the other side behind him. "I at least hope that it was a nice meal, Kargen. It's only fair that I be hospitable to the first other dragon I ever meet." It might have been the fact that he was also somewhat hungry, or that he'd taken a bit of a shine to Kargen, but he felt that he could trust her with this sort of information. She seemed rather young as well, so there was less chance that she would judge him, like he imagined most older dragons would.

Kargen wasn't sure what to expect from Alaerth after she apologized but to her surprise he was more than ok about it. Kargen felt great for the first time in years. Her childhood was tough. Her father would train her rigorously in order to prepare her for the years ahead. She never had a real friend, someone who she could talk to about things or even just have fun with. She looked over at Alaerth and thanked him for everything he's done for her so far and even gave him a friendly smile, something which Kargen hasn't done too often in the past while. Although despite this, she couldn't shake the thought of Alaerth perhaps being able to morph into a human. It was a difficult subject to approach. She had no idea how to approach something like this, do you just ask him straight out? Or do you wait until the opportunity

She decided to wait it out and see what happens. Kargen walked over to the area in which Alaerth was sitting and took in a deep breath as she looked around. She turned to Alaerth. "So Alaerth. What do you do for fun around here? I mean there's gotta be more to life around here than just flying and eating right?"

Alaerth tilted his head slightly as Kargen walked closer, having a look around the large clearing in the forest. He let out a rumbly hum while his spiked tail flicked to the side, accidentally ripping off the bark of one of the nearby trees. "Well, I nap quite a lot. I love going flying, especially when it's cloudy. Other than that, it's interesting going into the human town on the other side of the forest. You can learn quite a lot about the world and what beings are in it without ever seeing it for yourself, I'll have you know. Like for instance, I know that there's most likely a very dangerous dragon to the north... east, I believe, due to rumors I've heard from the townsfolk." He nodded his head slightly, as if for confirmation to himself, rolling his head on his shoulders, shifting a little on the spot. "Although... I've also heard some troubling rumors. Lately, there's been talk of a group of humans having assembled, calling themselves the 'Dragonslayers', so I'm worried that you waking up now is a stroke of bad luck on your side."

There he goes again, with the heading into town talk. He's gotta be able to morph, he's has to be able, there's no other explanation for it. Kargen tensed up a bit when she heard of these Dragonslayers. While Alaerth didn't exactly say it, the clue is in the name to what these people are after. Her father taught her many things but he never taught her how to deal with a large group of dedicated hunters. She shuddered at the thought of it all. Well at least she still had her morph ability to blend into the civilians if things got ugly. Her mind was heavy with thoughts and questions. But there was the one question that annoyed her more than the rest. Can Alaerth morph into a human? She needed to know but on the other hand she would look insane asking such a question. The waiting game wasn't going to work, she could never wait until the opportunity arises.

"Alaerth I need to ask you a question. Now this might seem a little bit far-fetched almost insane in some ways but I need to know your answer so I can put my mind at ease". Kargen knew she had morph ability but she thought it was some kind of special ability only given to her. She never spoke about it with anyone and never met anyone who had something similar. It was her escape, she used it to get away from the killing and the fighting at times. Sometimes all she wanted to do was to head into town and shop for items or head to the local bar and watch the chaos of the patrons ensue. To meet someone else with the same ability would be amazing, finally she wouldn't seem so different after all. Not to mention it would come in major handy against these Dragonslayers.

After telling her about the Dragonslayers, Alaerth almost immediately regretted mentioning it. He should have kept the conversation more mellow and pleasant, rather than going straight into the thing that had been worrying him the last few weeks. His brow raised a little as she wanted to ask him a question, warning him that it might be a little far-fetched. He was wondering what it could be, because it didn't sound like it had to do with the Dragonslayers. He nodded his head, his tail flicking again. "Of course, Kargen. What do you want to know? I'll try and answer to the best of my ability."

Kargen swallowed a lump in her throat as she prepared herself to ask this all important question which weighed down her mind since Alaerth first mentioned it. "Okay here I go ... Alaerth I would like to know if you can uh ... if you can ...." Kargen took a deep breath before continuing. "If you can morph ... into a human? Almost like you can change your body completely". It was no surprise that this was tough for Kargen, asking a question like this will only end two ways, either Alaerth agrees and everything is fine or he thinks you are insane and flies off leaving you in a strange land all by yourself. "I know this might seem weird but ... you kept mentioning 'heading into town'. Now I'm pretty sure the townsfolk are going to notice a dragon wandering around. This probably sounds totally crazy I know".

Alaerth blinked a little in surprise at the question. Considering the ability to turn into a human more or less came instinctively to him, he had just imagined that all dragons had this ability. Now that she was questioning him whether or not he was able to do this, he had to admit, it seemed a little odd. He did let out a rumbly little chuckle at the thought of a dragon just waltzing into a town, but eventually gave a nod, although looking somewhat unsure of what it meant for him. Did she think him weird for being able to do so? In either case, he couldn't just figuratively sit on the fence on this one. "Mmh, I can. I've always been able to do so. It's a pretty handy skill to have. Erh... are you able to transform as well...?"

She couldn't believe it! Another person who could do the same as she could, there was so much to talk about, so much to discuss. She didn't know where to start. Her breathing rate increased, it was exciting beyond belief! Finally someone she could talk to about this weird power she had. Kargen kept it hidden away from her father and mother, especially worried about what her father might think had he known she could turn into a human. "Wow ... I didn't think there was anyone else who can do it. Oh and to answer your last question ... yes I can" Kargen's heart was racing with excitement, she barely got her response out over her accelerated breathing and excitement. She had no idea what to do or say next. But she couldn't hide the big grin she had on her face.

A look of relief crossed Alaerth's features, followed by a smile spreading on his face as he saw the excitement in her eyes. It was at that moment he recognized something he'd been feeling all along himself. He couldn't quite put words on it, but the look in her eyes and the big, toothy grin on her face definitely told him a story he could relate to. "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! Hrmh..." He looked thoughtful a moment, his tail giving a few swipes back and forth behind him. "Do you want to go have a look at the town I mentioned? It's only a short flight, but it's a lot of fun spending time among the humans."

After calming down a bit and managing to catch her breath again. She took a deep breath and relaxed. She could see that Alaerth was equally as excited and happy about the fact that he wasn't alone when it came to this ability they had. For the first time in years Kargen was truly happy. And her excitement only grew larger when Alaerth's suggested that they could perhaps go to the town nearby and see what the humans were up to. "Of course I'd love to see what the humans are doing. It's been so long since I've seen a human. I'm interested to see how far along they've come since my last encounter with them." Hearing that it was only a short flight away, Kargen spanned her wings out and got ready to lift off the ground. She turned to Alaerth who seemed to know the way to this town. "Lead the way".
[/div]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Animus Careo
A Dark Forest

The group had been following Animus for a while now, and the dragon knew it all too well. Humans seemed to be less afraid of him as the Black Reaper – and they had every right to be; anything big enough to crush your entire body (and then some) underfoot certainly commanded a little more fear than something of human size. That wasn't to say that Animus wasn't frightening in his human form, no, it just meant that often people failed to realise his fearsomeness before it was too late.

Animus came to a clearing and stopped. He drew his sword from his back slowly: a wicked zweihänder forged in his own flames, dubbed 'Sicarius'. It appeared as though any man would have trouble lifting it at all, but Animus held it in one hand, turning backwards to where the majority of the bandits were lying in wait.

"You sealed your fate by following me, humans," He told them. "You shall all die horrible deaths."

A lone bandit emerged from the brush behind the dragon, rushing at him quietly with a shortsword posed to strike right in the back. Not quietly enough. In one swift motion Animus turned and slashed. His blade didn't so much as hesitate as it cleaved through flesh and bone; a severed head dropped to the floor, soon followed by its owner's limp body. The Black Reaper smiled. He would slay all of these blasted bandits. There was quiet for a while as the humans deliberated their situation, no sound but the chirping of birds and the soft clunking of Animus' platemail as he glanced about the clearing. In a moment, the relative silence erupted into a choir of battle-cries; the bandits dove from the undergrowth all at once, weapons drawn, charging at the Black Reaper. Animus started with a menacing chuckle, which soon evolved into manic laughter as he drove Sicarius into the ground, engulfing the sword in hellish fire. The flames spread across the dragon's body, fully engulfing him and yet leaving him completely untouched.

"Meet your end, mortals!" He cried, slashing at three bandits who, despite their best attempts to guard, were cut down immediately. He brought his sword around onto another, and with his free hand knocked one more into a nearby tree.

"He's as strong as a demon! What do we do?" One bandit screamed. Sicarius brought a wake of fire with it, burning any near and sending many fleeing for their lives. Unsuccessfully. The leader of the bandits, who seemed to be kitted out in some kind of plate mail rather than leather or simple clothes like the others, seemed less affected by the hellfire – whether that was due to his equipment or his resolve, Animus didn't care. With an opportunity presented to their leader, the group of humans seemed to find hope at last; in a moment when Animus' back was turned, the armoured man brought his longsword to the back of the reaper's helmet… and then dropped it. He clutched his burning hand, staring down at it in wonderment before slowly returning his gaze upwards to Animus.

Animus waited for the man's eyes to rest on him. He took one glance at his hand, and then thrust forward. The bandit leader shuddered, shakily looking down. His platemail, his entire chest, even, had cracked like an eggshell; the Black Reaper's hand had punched right through. Animus simply chuckled as the bandit's life drained away. He removed his hand, tossing the man away like an unwanted catch, then looked to the remaining humans. Only two were left standing: one who was frozen in place in shock – Animus dealt with him in a single quick strike – and another who was fleeing aimlessly into the forest.

"You cannot escape death, you pitiful, pathetic human." The dragon said, lifting the bandit leader's longsword from the ground and throwing it like a spear. It impaled the fleeing man and pinned him to a tree. Animus gave a satisfied sigh, breathing in the air around him. That was enough killing to keep his thirst steady for a little while – for now, though, a different thirst troubled him. You know, the normal kind, involving water.

The Black Reaper returned Sicarius to his back before heading off. He knew there was a lake around here somewhere, so he could drink from there if he wanted to. If he didn't find it, there was always the town, he supposed – they would actually have decent water, too; lake water was often stagnant and unpleasant. And as much as he told himself he enjoyed all things bad, bad water was just… nasty. The town it was, then. If he wasn't mistaken, it lay somewhere to the South-West. Perhaps if he passed another clearing on the way he could change back to dragon form to make the journey somewhat faster – for now, though, it was the Black Reaper heading towards town.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Primordas , The Southern Region

The murk of the cave draped darkness like a veil over the bowels of the large, jagged mountain. The cave's arching mouth arrested any light that dare try to penetrate the cave's solemn status; nothing moved and nothing hindered the silence that accompanied the pitch black of the fear-rotten cavern. As if carved out to fit a monster, the cave did not give a warm welcome, nor did the absence of any sign of life go over well for those peering into it's depths. However, as foreboding as the mountain's cave looked, there was also a feeling of balance about it as if it could look no other way.

His breathing was silent; long, drawn out breaths of almost no sound heaved from his flared snout. He was barely palpable in the portentous darkness that crept and crawled every which wall and rock of the cavern. Nearly a shadow himself, the dragon was at rest in the complete black of his hidden grotto. His body, large and clad with gem-like texture and a jet-black colour tone, took up most of the space inside the hollow mountain hiding place. His wings were tucked gently to his sides, almost unrecognisable from the rest of his body and his legs lay nestled against his chest and stomach.

Opening his eyes, the sanguine red pupils plunged into the ever looming darkness. Peering to the opening of the cavern, he gave a stern look of caution. He had been raised straight from infancy to avoid contact as much as possible with others, including those not of his dragon kin. Hiding was his preference and treated it religiously, leaving the cave only for feeding and the occasional cautionary scouting of the surrounding area. Most of his time was spent sleeping, or watching others from afar. Contact with other dragons was minimal if anything, and majority of the time that he saw other dragons was when he held occasional company with his two brothers Felvox and Xazerus. However, he wasn't raised to view others as enemies, but only to take caution around them. In fact, Primordas viewed all dragons as allies, though he would never forcefully attempt to form bonds with any of them. He was perfectly content with being by himself.

And perhaps that was for the best. Primordas, a dragon of cold and rather harsh-toned personality, didn't get along well with his brothers. He often saw them as feeble and disorderly and tried to only see them annually every year; the rest being spent hidden away from everyone and everything.

Yet the little word of mouth he received every so often had alerted him towards the Dragon Slayers. He didn't know much but he knew that dragons were being sought out now and confronted in terms of vengeance. Perhaps there was more to the title of Dragon Slayer, but in any light this didn't bode well in Primordas' mind.

Standing up slowly, he crept forward towards the mouth of the cave. Peering out gently, fragments of sunlight danced upon his black skin, while the crimson gems running down the length of his chest reflected fractions of the luminous lux. Stepping out fully onto the mountain's perch now, his wings outstretched and glowed a pale blue colour, as if slightly translucent. His skeletal-looking body, adorned with various gem-like spikes, was definitely not welcoming. Taking one last look of caution at his surroundings, his wings reel'd and picked him up off of the mountain's edge and lifted him high into the air.

Primordas flew hastily off towards the oncoming horizon, scanning the ground far below him as he did so.

Back