• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Personal Preferences or The Best

Which do you prefer: Personal Preference Pokemon Or Power Packed Pros' Picks?

• Personal Preference.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Power Packed Pros' Choice

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Anything else...Mix/None?

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
Years
I tend to have a strong bond with the Pokemon I catch at the start and sometimes they even go far as to battling the Elite 4 + Champ. I can never bond with a legendary since you tend to catch them in the middle or later on in your quest and don't have the same experience as a pokemon you catch at a lower level or even hatch from an egg. But that's my personal preference.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
I tend to have a strong bond with the Pokemon I catch at the start and sometimes they even go far as to battling the Elite 4 + Champ. I can never bond with a legendary since you tend to catch them in the middle or later on in your quest and don't have the same experience as a pokemon you catch at a lower level or even hatch from an egg. But that's my personal preference.

Yea that's why I hate using legendaries in certain battles. I mean, I love Rayquaza and all but it can't take the place of Swampert in my heart.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Well, I mean that more in the way when they actually insult you. I'm sure you can say your strategy/pokemon beat mine, but some people are just plain rude about it.

I don't mind suggestions though.

No no, I understand what you're trying to say. It's just we don't take rude kind of suggestions lightly with PC rules. ;D No worries.

And I agree with Anti, it gets boring to use the same thing over and over again, but that's why I explore eslewhere like UU and Little Cup (Yay \o/) And such, it keeps battling fresh and alive for me, absorbing more. So, adding on, I am more of a mixed bag.

Last edited:

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
Years
I pretty much stick with the same team I've got throughout the game, though I do make several swaps.
In Sapphire, I caught a Wurmple, it evolved into Cascoon, then Dustox. I used Dustox for a good long while, treat it well until I put it in the PC box. Same thing will eventually happen with Linoone. Raised it since it was tiny, and it's going to be replaced with Absol. If I'm using a temporary Pokemon, I always treat them well. I can't just catch a lot of Pokemon right at the beginning and use them all the way throughout, there's some that I catch which I do like (so a bit of personal preference there), but I always choose ones too that would look good in battle, attack wise (not exactly the best, but ones that have good stats). I also get Pokemon with a number of different types - like with Diamond I have Empoleon (Water/Steel), and Gengar (Ghost/Poison). That way, they can learn various move types, and be better equipped for battling.

Phillip Valerius

Velvet Hammer
Years
Well, I don't have a DS (or am I ever likely to), and so it really doesn't matter how well I could potentially do against other players. Because of this, it doesn't really matter how powerful or well-chosen my Pokemon are; a level 100 Eevee with the right moves can solo the Elite Four in the metal versions. So, I definitely go for my favorites, and actually, the challenge of getting weak Pokemon to beat "strong" CPU's has probably been a lot more fun than arranging any preselected power-house would have been. In fact, it's probably the appeal of my favorites that's kept me playing, and not the style of the game.

In all likelihood, if I DO ever get my hands on a DS, that will probably be the day Pokemon begins to die to me. If it became impossible to win with the Pokemon I associate myself with, the game would lose so much of its charm.

Last edited:
Back