• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
You know how in some places like Route 402 and Seanport Lighthouse, where a trainer was supposed to battle you didn't? I hope that you fixed it. What I mean is as in the Camper in Route 402 and the Sailor in Seanport Lighthouse. Also some trainers' Pokemon can be fixed with A-Trainer. You can look at what the Pokemon the trainer was supposed to use in PET and fix it with A-Trainer.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You know how in some places like Route 402 and Seanport Lighthouse, where a trainer was supposed to battle you didn't? I hope that you fixed it. What I mean is as in the Camper in Route 402 and the Sailor in Seanport Lighthouse. Also some trainers' Pokemon can be fixed with A-Trainer. You can look at what the Pokemon the trainer was supposed to use in PET and fix it with A-Trainer.

I'm actually aware these problems. However, there will be no more Campers or Lasses. Campers will be replaced by other Trainer classes, (Lady, Scientist, etc.) and Lasses will be replaced by a new Trainer class. The new Trainer class is "Teenager". I even made OWs for that Trainer class so that it fits its own sprite.

By the way, are you trying to say that some Trainers' PKMN are repeated?
If so, I replaced them with new ones by inputting new Trainers from the empty slots. (The ones that do not have any names)

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
When will be the full english version released?

@Sarcastic Prince
Why dont you focus yourself first on translating, (just suggesting, ;)), rather than changing some aspects of the game? And then after translation, you release a modified/improved version, that will be great, one with preserved hack like the original and one with fixed and modification which credits goes to you. ;)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
When will be the full english version released?

@Sarcastic Prince
Why dont you focus yourself first on translating, (just suggesting, ;)), rather than changing some aspects of the game? And then after translation, you release a modified/improved version, that will be great, one with preserved hack like the original and one with fixed and modification which credits goes to you. ;)

I'm changing some aspects of the game because my partner Ash is still making more of the changes I want. (I keep sending him the updated version of the LP patch, but he has been inactive lately.) Both of them are done (Translation, change of aspects) at the same time.

Oh, and the English version is not close to finishing at all.
Not until Ash sends me back the patch, of course.

Lastly, does anyone have Advance Text that works for Windows 7?
I need it to edit the Pokédex entries after the free 25 slots.
When I used YAPE to edit the Pokédex entries after the free 25 slots,
it screws up the sprites in the game.
If so, send it via PM.

Years
That's not what I meant. I meant that there are trainers that act like you've beaten them but haven't had a battle yet and an example I used was the Camper that uses Stunky on Route 402, and he's not the only one. The same glitch was in Flora Sky but it was fixed.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
...How about everyone stops criticizing what the translator is doing for no payment in his free time, and waits patiently until it's finished?

Jeez. If I got half as much flak for doing something I volunteered to do as Sarcastic Prince is getting, I'd have quit long ago.

Much thanks to your endurance, kind sir. Some of us, at least, respect and appreciate what you're doing and the effort involved. I'll be waiting patiently until you're done.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Can someone please answer me i really wanna keep playing.

You just need to go into the tower at the nort west of the city (sorry I don't remeber its name...) and do the event in it (if I remember , this is an event about the Team Steam...)
Then you'll be able to go through the bridge!

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
It doesn't differ a lot from the original version.
I'll be changing:
Difficulty of Trainers - Easier (Somehow)

Well that's good, the hack may be a little too much for some.

Music - You will not hear the same music track over and over again.
Thanks to SBP, the music now matches every area.
Also, Leaders, Elite Four and Champion will NOT have normal Trainer music.
Instead, they will have suitable music.
Eg. Leaders will have Leader music, Elite Four will have Elite Four music and
Champion will have Champion music.

Custom music or remixes of exsting music over the course of five generations, or just the preset music in the game?

New PKMN are added. (Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Mamoswine and Rhyperior)
Sadly, GBA Roms can only hold 5 evolution data, so Glaceon and Leafeon can't be evolved with Eevee. Instead, they can be caught in the wild.
Rhydon and Piloswine will evolve into Rhyperior and Mamoswine respectively
when they reach Lv. 55.

So, what happens if you breed them, will you get an Eevee, or anoter Leafeon or Glaceon?

Name changes will be made to important people and Gym Leaders.
Also, every Trainer will have their own name. Those names
are custom made, and they will not be reused.

Jessica ---> Ariadna
Name origin: Comes from the Biology term, Arachnid.

Lucas ---> Lakie
Name origin: Comes from "lake".

Thomas ---> Auric
Name origin: Comes from "aura".

Terra ----> Mitsis ("Mitz" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Land" for Georgian.

Marina ---> Vatten ("Vatt" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Water" for Swedish.

Shirley ---> Shirl
Reason for name change: All admins in Team Steam
have custom names (Sheyla, Katyne). Well, Shirley is obviously
NOT a custom name, so I'm going to name her "Shirl" instead.

Rayner ---> Voltige
Name origin: Comes from "volt".

Though unnessicary in my opinion (except Lucas, whom is the main protaganist of Gen 4, since Pokemon follows the One Steve Limit rule) they are all good except "Lakie", which sounds like something a five year old would say, and "Auric", which has too close of a relationship to Lucario. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but those two are the only names that bother me.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
That's not what I meant. I meant that there are trainers that act like you've beaten them but haven't had a battle yet and an example I used was the Camper that uses Stunky on Route 402, and he's not the only one. The same glitch was in Flora Sky but it was fixed.

I understand. I already fixed these problems.

...How about everyone stops criticizing what the translator is doing for no payment in his free time, and waits patiently until it's finished?

Jeez. If I got half as much flak for doing something I volunteered to do as Sarcastic Prince is getting, I'd have quit long ago.

Much thanks to your endurance, kind sir. Some of us, at least, respect and appreciate what you're doing and the effort involved. I'll be waiting patiently until you're done.

I don't really mind if people criticize me. In fact, that is how I managed to get most of my ideas on how to improve LP. Thank you for your kind comments, though.

Well that's good, the hack may be a little too much for some.
1. Custom music or remixes of exsting music over the course of five generations, or just the preset music in the game?

2. So, what happens if you breed them, will you get an Eevee, or anoter Leafeon or Glaceon?

3. Though unnessicary in my opinion (except Lucas, whom is the main protaganist of Gen 4, since Pokemon follows the One Steve Limit rule) they are all good except "Lakie", which sounds like something a five year old would say, and "Auric", which has too close of a relationship to Lucario. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but those two are the only names that bother me.

Let me answer your questions one by one.
1. I will be using present music in the hack. Wesley didn't use the Leader, Elite Four and Champion music for the corresponding trainers in the hack.
Those music tracks are from the original Ruby Rom.

2. If you breed Leafeon or Glaceon, you will get an Eevee.
Unfortunately, you cannot evolve it back to Leafeon or Glaceon.
This case is similar to that of Phione and Manaphy.

3. I know "Lakie" doesn't sound very good. Do you have a better opinion on naming a Water type Gym Leader? I have no problems with Auric, though.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
'Auric' seems to refer to gold more so than an aura, in my opinion.

As for a water leader... Hm. I didn't catch the gender, but 'Marina' works for a female. As for a guy... is 'Lockheed' too much of a stretch? (Going from the Scottish 'loch')

I don't even know if that's an actual name, I've just read too many X-Men comics in my lifetime...

EDIT: Ahahahahaha.... Eddy.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
3. I know "Lakie" doesn't sound very good. Do you have a better opinion on naming a Water type Gym Leader? I have no problems with Auric, though.
He DOES have a Lucario in his team. That's why I named him Auric.

River is a good name for a male Water gym leader, although it is pretty obvious. XD

Trent is also another water-related name, as it is of Latin origin and means "gushing waters" apparently, according to this website.

Just throwing some ideas out there~ :D

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
River is a good name for a male Water gym leader, although it is pretty obvious. XD

Trent is also another water-related name, as it is of Latin origin and means "gushing waters" apparently, according to this website.

Just throwing some ideas out there~ :D

I'm going to name him "Trentan" then. I think it's the best I can name a Water type Trainer.

Last edited:

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
I'm not a big fan of "Trentan." You should call him Delta instead. That is a cool "water" name.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm not a big fan of "Trentan." You should call him Delta instead. That is a cool "water" name.

Uhh... what does "Delta" have to do with water? All I know that "Delta" is one of the letters of the Greek alphabet.
As for a water leader... Hm. I didn't catch the gender, but 'Marina' works for a female. As for a guy... is 'Lockheed' too much of a stretch? (Going from the Scottish 'loch')

I don't even know if that's an actual name, I've just read too many X-Men comics in my lifetime...

EDIT: Ahahahahaha.... Eddy.

"Lochen" sounds better, in my opinion.
By the way, the Water type Gym Leader is a male, apparently.

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
The definition of Delta-area at the mouth of some rivers where the mainstream splits up into several distributaries

They call it a delta bc it ends up looking like a triangle...ie the greek symbol

Just another option

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The definition of Delta-area at the mouth of some rivers where the mainstream splits up into several distributaries

They call it a delta bc it ends up looking like a triangle...ie the greek symbol

Just another option

I'll call him Deltic, then.

Anyways, I think that it is necessary to make a poll on naming the Water type Gym Leader.
Which name will you choose?

1. Deltic
2. Lochen
3. Lakie
4. Trentan

This poll will be closed after 50 posts.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
...No, Trentan isn't a real name. Trenton is.

And you don't like Eddy? :( Eddies in currents, etc.

I'll vote for Lochen, though.

Years
I'd go with the name Trentan, it sounds like Trench as in an underwater trench like the underwater trench in RSE that leads to Seafloor Cavern. The only water names I could think of myself are Sean, Seann, and Warren for guys. it's probably a good idea that SP goes with choosing trainer names.

Back