• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon Prestigious Platinum

blue

gucci
Years
Untitled-2.png

Logo created by R a c h e l

395.png
Introduction

I'm sure you're familiar with my previous work from the exceptionally (and unexpected) popular hack, Pokémon Expert Emerald! Since this project went so well I decided to try my hand at another hack, using a game that I'm unfamiliar with in the field of editing I decided to go with Pokémon Platinum! I wanted to try and re-create the elements that lie within Expert Emerald and implement them into a Platinum hack and thus Prestigious Platinum was born!

This will be like my previous hack(s) where it will focus on increasing the difficulty and allowing you to capture all 493 Pokémon no strings attached!
My previous attempt to hack Platinum didn't go down all too well as I did not dedicate no where near as much time as I have to this one, there are many perks to this hack which I'm sure you will enjoy, I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this hack myself as strange as that may sound. Albeit some major setbacks including losing several weeks of work, however I managed to get back on track and finish it off!

178.png
Features

• Difficulty - The difficulty of the whole game dynamic has been intensifyed, this means that every Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, Trainer etc has been edited! This also includes rematches with trainers and other important NPC's. I can assure you that every individual trainer has been edited including their rematch teams!
  • Pokémon - All Pokémon are available in game, whether that be in the wild or via evolution, you will be able to obtain all 493 Pokémon.
  • Documents - As you will notice with the download, I have compiled several documents which will provide you with ALL the information needed to know about this hack and how it differs from the original game.
  • Evolutions - Many evolutions that require trade, happiness, items etc have been changed, not all but a vast majority of them allowing you to fill up your Pokédex! - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Abilities - 70+ Pokémon now have changed Primary/Secondary abilities, these may be what I feel suited their persona or some may be from their hidden ability in the Dream World. - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Stats - 70+ have also had their stats increased, these are Pokémon that play an important role in these games, these will be the ones used by important characters such as Gym Leaders & Elite Four members. This is also to increase the power of those weaker who need a slight bulk up. - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
  • Legendaries - Unfortunately my hacking skills of the fourth generation aren't so strong yet but you can still capture all 34 legendaries, you will find them scattered around the later areas of the Sinnoh region but with low encounter rates. - More details at the "Legendaries Location" Document
  • Type Changes - There are only few but some Pokémon have a changed Primary/Secondary type. For example, Lopunny is now Normal/Fighting type - You can find a list in the "General Changes" Document
241.png
Media
These are just some of the many changes in-game.
Spoiler:

242.png
Support

*I want to say a special thanks to The Grubby Pup for helping me save my hack from going absolutely bust, providing detailed information and being a huge help!

168.png
Bugs & Errors

*On the lower tier of Route 204 there is a glitch regarding the wild Pokémon, this may be the case for some other areas.
*Where it says "Old Rod" on the Wild Pokémon Locations Document, it should in fact read "Good Rod"

457.png
Download
Make sure you use the Base ROM that this hack was created from: (Pokemon Platinum US XenoPhobia) - Google it!
Also, ensure you are using the Tsukuyomi Patcher or NUPS to apply the Patch to the ROM, Tsukiyomi Patcher will be included in the download.
*To clarify, this patch is the full game, everything edited, final release etc. So go ahead and click the download below!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Please tell me there are no level 100's in this hack like the Emerald one? ;P

blue

gucci
Years
Please tell me there are no level 100's in this hack like the Emerald one? ;P

Possibly on Cynthia's rematch team ;)

Wow, another hack of yours, amazing, I'll try this one for sure. but first I'll have to finish Expert Emerald and Yin Black. Guess I have some good games to play this summer!

Thanks very much! :) Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
I'm using DesMuME and I lag when I do speed boost, do you guys know how to fix this or is it like that?

blue

gucci
Years
I'm using DesMuME and I lag when I do speed boost, do you guys know how to fix this or is it like that?

I tested it all on NO$GBA and it worked fine even with the speed boost, I'm not too sure with DesMuMe but I recommend using NO$GBA for the best performance unless someone else can solve the problem.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
I like being able to toggle it on my Joypad so I prefer not to use NO$GBA, but it's not a big problem anyway, so it's fine, thanks.

Also, how much did you tweak the events in game?

blue

gucci
Years
I like being able to toggle it on my Joypad so I prefer not to use NO$GBA, but it's not a big problem anyway, so it's fine, thanks.

Also, how much did you tweak the events in game?

Unfortunately not much, currently the legendaries are located in the wild in later areas such as Stark Mountain but with very low encounter rates, hopefully as I become more skilled with scripting for Platinum then I will implement them into events.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Absolutely amazing, man. DL my copy now. I'm happy to see that you were able to use all the advice and help I gave you and apply it so good.

Anyways, I'm not all that keen on script editing; as I don't really mess around with that type of stuff much, my scripting skills are inept at best. LOL

The only thing I prolly know what to do; event wise, anyways...is raising event Pokemon levels and swaping items on da the overworld. And I only know how to do that by hexin'. >_< Yeah, pretty useless. I know. :\

EDIT: Still downloading patch. But dude...how did it end up 88mb? LOL No sweat, my computer can dl that fast, but did the patcher make da patch THAT big? Wow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Ok i've downloaded the files but i can't patch the ROM. I've tried with both a US and a EU ROM but tsukuyomi keeps saying Failed! Input checksum is invalid. Why won't the file patch?

EDIT: Turns out I didn't read the OP properly. Downloaded Xenophobia US Platinum and finally patched.

Last edited:

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Ok i've downloaded the files but i can't patch the ROM. I've tried with both a US and a EU ROM but tsukuyomi keeps saying Failed! Input checksum is invalid. Why won't the file patch.

I'm having the same problem. But anyways, I bet this hack will be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Weird, it works for everyone else, anyway, I haven't played that much but already I'm liking it.

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Hey guys, i have had your problem before and have your solution: look for a patcher called NUPS on google. It'll tell you if you have the right rom or if the patch is compatible with the rom itself.

blue

gucci
Years
Another awesome project of yours brother. I got your back in support from now on and wish you good luck :cool:

Thanks very much! I appreciate the support.

Also, would just like to add that I've re-uploaded the release as I had to re-create the patch to edit some things, there were some problems with the Wild Pokémon which have now been fixed and there have been some slight alterations to Gym Leader's Pokémon.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012

I tested it all on NO$GBA and it worked fine even with the speed boost, I'm not too sure with DesMuMe but I recommend using NO$GBA for the best performance unless someone else can solve the problem.

What problem is there to solve? DeSmuMe runs at full speed (tested with many mods. (from here)) and I rarely have any issues with it.

DeSmuMe 0.9.8 x64

Specs...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

blue

gucci
Years
What problem is there to solve? DeSmuMe runs at full speed (tested with many mods. (from here)) and I rarely have any issues with it.

DeSmuMe 0.9.8 x64

Specs...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

I've only been using NO$GBA myself so I wouldn't know whether there is a problem with DeSmuMe.

Back