• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sevii Islands

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In addition to brightening up the Kanto region and bringing us back to our Pokemon roots, FRLG introduced something that the original games didn't have: The Sevii Islands. Did you like the addition of these islands, such as the mini-games and sidequests? Were you able to access any of the events that took place on the final two islands? What was your favorite and least favorite part about them?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I did like having the islands in the game, as it gave me something else to do. Though I would have liked it more if they put in the Orange islands instead. I wish I could have got Deoxys and Ho-oh/Lugia, but nothing happens in Australia so... I thought that it was nice that they used Johto remixes, as they were some of my favourites but I didn't like the quest for the ruby and sapphire, that was just annoying.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The Sevii Islands were a dream come true. Since I played Blue before LG, I thought that Kanto has very less water... and quickly did I find that LG was just a remake. Need more Water! And woo! Here are the Islands! I think that the first three Islands were pretty boring, but the latter half was a good post-game playthrough.

Years
I was really happy about the addition of the Sevii Islands, because if FireRed/LeafGreen had been true remakes, the post-game would get boring real fast. I really liked some of the little things like Lady Selphy asking to see certain Pokemon off of Five Island, and the Tanoby Ruins kept me busy for a few days trying to catch all the Unown.

I wasn't able to go to either Navel Rock or Birth Island, though, since Diamond and Pearl had already been released by the time I got my own copy of FireRed (and I think the events only saw a limited release here, anyway).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I enjoyed the addition of the sevii islands, even though I never got to all 7 of them as the events never came to my part of the world. still there was plenty to keep me busy-the battle thing on islans 6 ? the unown caves.

they were my favorite part of these remakes.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Probably my favorite part of the remakes, I still find things that are either new or I had forgotten about when I play again.

Years
I loved the Sevii Islands! It was enjoyable post-game content, and it kept me interested. Plus the ability to catch Johto Pokemon was an excellent addition. Although, I have to agree with Vaporeon about the Orange Islands, having been a fan of the anime as a child, that would have been a lovely nostalgia trip.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
The islands were what made the games feel long. Like, it felt like there was lots to do.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I loved the Sevii Islands, it gave me something to do when i entirely finished my FR (beating the game, catching all the legendaries that i could). And the sidequests were fun! I loved the Sevii Islands and i hope they bring it back in a FR LG remake or in some other game.

Years
That was a great adition, because he have some extra quest and with the option of obtain more pokemons foreing of kanto.

The bad part is i don't have any event for the last two, but still a very welcome adition to the original game.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
It was the best thing they added on the remakes. It gave Fire Red and Leaf Green a boost of gameplay length which had referances to genII ( remixed G/S/C themes , a scientist saying about giovanni's son who has red hair which referres to Silver the rival from G/S ) and also there was a house in seven island with an old lady and a "door" covered with cardboard boxes and when you interacted with it it said " you can feel a slight breeze " is it a reference to something ???

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely a much-needed addition. In my little knowledge of Gen I I knew there was nothing to do when you defeated the Champion except complete the Pokédex, so they were a much-welcome addition. One, Two and Three Islands helped me get some levels before Giovanni and the Elite Four as well. Particularly the area around Ember Spa.
The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of variety...then I realised you could get stuff like Heracross and I just hadn't been patient enough in that area.

So definitely a much-welcome addition.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
I thought the Sevii Isles were a great addition to the games. Without them FireRed and LeafGreen would have felt stale and old. Instead they were given a fresh twist that gave us something to do in the post game. It kept me busy and I found them really fun as a kid.

Years
I really enjoy playing on the Sevii Islands an catching pokemon from Jhotto was a great complement that kept me playing for another good while.
But just as gam3r! said above... Is there something you can do for the old lady y 7 Isle? Is there a way to get the boxes to move?

xGal

Mhm
Years
Yea, I liked that, but I think it was better Gamefreak replaced the Sevii Island with the Orange Islands, because it's more intersting than couple of islands. Orange Islands had their own Gyms, which could be more intersting than finding a random guy's girl on a forest, or bringing a Stone to someone you never met before...

Adrian!

Urban Adventurer
Years
The islands felt like a fresh breeze from Johto at the time, because it seemed like everyone missed their GSC teams at the time and it was great to run into familiar faces that weren't available outside of Colosseum. Plus, I had always imagined what Red did during those three years before G/S/C/HG/SS. The islands were like the interlude between the stories of gen I and gen II. I love the concept of having a post-game world to explore.

Years
I enjoyed them. I wasn't particularly a fan of the Ruby-Sapphire quest like vaporeon7 mentioned, but I liked the Team Rocket stuff on Island 5.

Back