• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
don't have to worry about Sora's part in the hack being unworthy. It will be even better than Yugi's part in DR1 and very well written. I got this! ^.^ (But I cant reveal as to why he's in the world. Not on the thread. Play and find out.)
Okay, cool! :)
I think I eventually will although I'm not much into playing hacks myself, I like the programming part mostly and making ones of my own.

Also, I advise you to play through and complete Dark Rising 1(Or you can watch one of the many Let's Plays on Youtube). Try to ignore the few bugs here and there, and you'll enjoy it and see how amazing the story is. That's what the series is all about; the amazing story. It's kinda needed to play through the first one to know what's going on and how the characters all meet and their individual goals/triumphs/and different personalities.
I think Dark Rising 1 should really be done better. Even if it's "finished", there are errors everywhere. I played through the beginning of it earlier and just didn't like it...
The way you were forced to battle the lady in the school (who I lost to like 5 times in a row), the way you're given advice in a battle you can't win (Tornadus battle). Both of these could be easily fixed with a little bit of additional scripting although the second one would require knowing the basics of ARM/THUMB assembly but it's not hard.

Even though it's a finished game, I think you should consider making it better. It might take some time, but would be totally worth it. Especially if you want people to play DR before this one. And make the hack easier while at it, bush grinding just ain't fun.

But I'll think about it. Maybe I'll try to play it sometime later as well but the beginning was just something that didn't motivate to continue at all. :\

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Okay, cool! :)
I think I eventually will although I'm not much into playing hacks myself, I like the programming part mostly and making ones of my own.

I think Dark Rising 1 should really be done better. Even if it's "finished", there are errors everywhere. I played through the beginning of it earlier and just didn't like it...
The way you were forced to battle the lady in the school (who I lost to like 5 times in a row), the way you're given advice in a battle you can't win (Tornadus battle). Both of these could be easily fixed with a little bit of additional scripting although the second one would require knowing the basics of ARM/THUMB assembly but it's not hard.

Even though it's a finished game, I think you should consider making it better. It might take some time, but would be totally worth it. Especially if you want people to play DR before this one. And make the hack easier while at it, bush grinding just ain't fun.

But I'll think about it. Maybe I'll try to play it sometime later as well but the beginning was just something that didn't motivate to continue at all. :\

Yeah, I definitely plan to go back and fix a lot more things in it. I just got so caught up in making the sequel lol.

Years
I'll take sora as an accepted trainer. Man I should have said axel, that dude is like....A X E L, got it memorized.

I was going to ask this but.....possible you could make some of us fans into trainers as part of your dark rising 2? Like that youtuber rubycarbancle does?

Years
Honestly, if I knew the first thing about making a ROM hack, which I dont, I'd have put my idea in and wouldnt be too bummed out, but like I said, I can accept Sora being chosen. Speaking of my idea, will we see Jean Blake in Dark Rising 2?
I say it is a 50-50 chance of him in 2nd sequel seeing there is another sequel waiting after that. Maybe getting a glimpse of him here where he was about to be rescued but BAM , That Darugis takes him away just in time from us

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also, I advise you to play through and complete Dark Rising 1(Or you can watch one of the many Let's Plays on Youtube). Try to ignore the few bugs here and there, and you'll enjoy it and see how amazing the story is. That's what the series is all about; the amazing story. It's kinda needed to play through the first one to know what's going on and how the characters all meet and their individual goals/triumphs/and different personalities.
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.

Years
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.

And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2022
This game is going to be amazing! You guys deserve an award for DR1 :) The whole game was incredible, it totally felt like an anime. It was a nice touch to give the main character dialogue,and I felt that the Elite Four and Adrian were the toughest challenges in a game i've ever faced. I just beat it last night and the feeling I got beating Adrian was amazing. I hope you do well on DR2!

Years
You know I could be the first one to play it if I ask Dark Rising Girl to send me the ROM directly if I have to. (Because I want to beta test it) before she even post it's link here :D

Years
Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.

And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.
Well the moment she had just released the final beta, I downloaded it, so yeah, pretty sure abt the first one and @alienhunterx if she does agree to let u beta test then yeah I guess so, which is why..... DRG, I wan't to offer my help and beta test if it's okay with ya :P. But srsly not joking, if it's okay with ya. Also how do I become a supporter of DR 2, again new here sorry :(

Last edited:

yellow123

RAWR! :3
Years
I guess Sora world be a good character for this game what with him traveling to different worlds makes it more believable so good choice DRG. Also if you are allowing more people to beta test then count me in I would love to help you guys out

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Where are all the catchable starters located?? I have gotten bulb and cyndauill now I'm looking for a water Type starter?

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series. :P
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one. :)
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.

Years
While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series. :P
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one. :)
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.
Well she did mentioned why she is adding Sora as a major role in Dark Rising 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back