• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Platinum hack: Pokemon Origin Platinum

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
logoiec.png

Pokemon Origin Platinum V1.4
Hack developed by Lazerith
Current Status: Working

Attention: I have begun working on a second Pokemon hack, so unless a bug that needs urgent fixing occurs, I will probably not update Origin Platinum. For more details on my new hack, or if you have any other questions feel free to private message me.

Summary:
Pokemon Origin Platinum is a self-contained hack of Pokemon Platinum developed by Lazerith and inspired by the hacks by Drayano. Origin Platinum features the ability to obtain all 493 Pokemon without having to do any sort of events, trading, or going underground.

Features:
Pokemon Origin platinum includes the following features:
  • Ability to catch all 493 Pokemon without the use of any outside source, while still being able to trade and battle with friends. Every non-legendary Pokemon can be caught before the elite four, and most added legendary Pokemon are located in post-game areas.
  • Regigigas no longer requires having the Regis pokemon to catch, but has been changed to a fateful encounter so that it may allow the player to catch the other Regis Pokemon.
  • Giratina now has Griseous orb held when you catch him. I know many people do not like the way he looks without it. I am one of those people.
  • Items such as Metal Coat, which originally were given as a held item to allow a Pokemon to evolve by trading can now be used to evolve Pokemon in the same manner as the evolution stones.
  • Pokemon that evolve by simply trading them now evolve at certain levels. Check the documents provided with the patch for more details.
  • Wurmple now evolves into Silcoon/Cascoon based on its gender.
  • Spiritomb no longer requires going underground and meeting 32 people to catch. Simply use the Odd Keystone where you normally would.
  • Once a player has caught 492 pokemon, he/she will be given the Azure Flute by one of the residents of Sandgem Town. This item is required to catch Arceus. Catching Arceus is pretty much the goal of the game.
  • Players wishing to make competitive teams using any fossil pokemon, spiritomb, or Pokemon that evolve via evolutionary items will now find that all fossils, odd keystone, and all evolution items are now sold in Veilstone Department Store.
  • Event items such as Secret Key, Membership Pass, Oak's Letter, and Azure Flute are now given to you at certain parts of the game.
  • The Super Rod is now given to you by Jasmine right after you beat the 8th gym. There are some pokemon that can only be, or are a lot more common when using the super rod. Check the Pokemon Locations document for more information.
  • The game now features a second master ball. So don't fret if you accidentally use it. However, there are still only two in the game, so still use them sparingly.
  • Many NPC's that used to say pointless, meaningless, and useless text have been changed to say references to various types of media such as Anime, Games, T.V. Shows, and Movies. See if you can find and understand them all. This is the one change that I have made that I didn't include a document. I figured that would ruin the fun.
  • More details on these changes are included in the documents.
Replayability:
With the ability to catch every Pokemon, as well as all of the included references to look for, Pokemon Origin Platinum gives players a reason to talk to everyone and examine every object.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Bugs:
None as of now

If you encounter any problems, please pm me or post a reply so that I can fix them as fast as possible.

Most recent changes:
Spoiler:

Future changes:
Future changes I plan on doing include but are not limited to the following
  • More references will be included with every update. Currently, references are abundant in each town/city up until and including Eterna City. After that, they are sprinkled throughout the game. I want to make this part of the game be something that involves everyone, so please suggest references to put in. =]
I am very busy, so the following future changes are merely an idea
  • I plan on changing surf/fish pokemon to be the same levels as pokemon in the same and surrounding areas.
  • I want to make low level Pokemon in post-game areas such as Turnback cave higher leveled.
Credits:
  • Drayano for walking me through what programs I needed, and how to use them. Taught me how to use hex editing for this hack, and helped me check and make balances to what wild Pokemon can be found where. Also for helping me make decisions throughout my time making this hack. Drayano's Blaze Black, Volt White, Sacred Gold, and Storm Silver were what inspired me to do this project, and without him, Origin Platinum would not exist.
  • My girlfriend for making the Title image used in this post.
  • Various friends of mine for helping me think of references to put into the game and looking for bugs.
Tools used:
  • PPRE
  • CrystalTile2
  • TheNewPokeText
Download links:
The following links are where you can download the patch and documents. You will need to provide your own Pokemon Platinum rom and download xdelta to apply the patch.
Recommendations:
I highly recommend the following hacks developed by Drayano, who inspired and helped me make Pokemon Origin Platinum.
Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White
Pokemon Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
you a**hole in the other forum you posted this and ppl complained on the spear pillar bug that doesnt allow you to pass the grunts so why the hell would you post it here a YEAR later ?!?!?!?!? i dont even think you changed this game a bit..
with this saying i have played this MAGICKRAP all day and now im stuck at the 2 grunts at spear pillar .. fix it or die by my hands.
good day..
I SAID GOOD DAY

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
ATTENTION :

This hack is a completley waste of your time, at first I thought it's a really cool hack and started to play it with a friend.

We have encounterd a glitch which causes our game to freeze and we are unable to continue.
The glitch occures before triggering the Giratina event, therefore this game unplayable.
AND DO YOU KNOW THE WORST PART ? THE CREATOR DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THIS, AND IN OTHER FORUMUS HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE WHILE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TIME THEY HAVE WASTED ON A DAMAGED HACK ****KKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCC

:-)
Thanks for the time, I am really not raging I just killed and squished a little Pikachu I saw, and then I chopped it to pieces and sold it on ebay under "THE MOST IDIOTIC ROM AND FAIL" catagory.

BYE.

P.S :

I HAVE DELETED YOUR HACK, THEN INSTALLED A CLEAN ROM, OPENED MY LAST SAVE AND IT WORKED BETTER WIHTOUT YOUR HACK.

Last edited:
Years
....Sooo is this still a fun hack? Cuz I rather not go off on the guy's post above me to think that there is a game breaking bug in this hack. I really want to be able to try it, so unless ANYONE else has had the same problem with this guy when playing, and until I get a new R4 Flashcart for my 3DS, I don't want to play until I am sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Game update: I have fixed all freezes up to the post-game. The game can be beaten. Let me know if any post-game freezes occur. I have not experienced any.

Maybe I should just take the hack down. Some people on here don't deserve it.

you a**hole in the other forum you posted this and ppl complained on the spear pillar bug that doesnt allow you to pass the grunts so why the hell would you post it here a YEAR later ?!?!?!?!? i dont even think you changed this game a bit..
with this saying i have played this MAGICKRAP all day and now im stuck at the 2 grunts at spear pillar .. fix it or die by my hands.
good day..
I SAID GOOD DAY

I have been busy with work and school. I have just fixed the game. This was posted on here prior to knowing about the spear pillar bug.

It is obvious that you have no experience making games or rom hacks, as there are many bugs that can pop up, and changing something in a Pokemon Hack in one script can cause a completely unrelated script to freeze.

I'm sorry, but learn that if something can go wrong, it will.

ATTENTION :

This hack is a completley waste of your time, at first I thought it's a really cool hack and started to play it with a friend.

We have encounterd a glitch which causes our game to freeze and we are unable to continue.
The glitch occures before triggering the Giratina event, therefore this game unplayable.
AND DO YOU KNOW THE WORST PART ? THE CREATOR DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THIS, AND IN OTHER FORUMUS HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE WHILE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TIME THEY HAVE WASTED ON A DAMAGED HACK ****KKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCC

:-)
Thanks for the time, I am really not raging I just killed and squished a little Pikachu I saw, and then I chopped it to pieces and sold it on ebay under "THE MOST IDIOTIC ROM AND FAIL" catagory.

BYE.

P.S :

I HAVE DELETED YOUR HACK, THEN INSTALLED A CLEAN ROM, OPENED MY LAST SAVE AND IT WORKED BETTER WIHTOUT YOUR HACK.

See above reply. The game is fixed now so give it another try.

....Sooo is this still a fun hack? Cuz I rather not go off on the guy's post above me to think that there is a game breaking bug in this hack. I really want to be able to try it, so unless ANYONE else has had the same problem with this guy when playing, and until I get a new R4 Flashcart for my 3DS, I don't want to play until I am sure.

I still get comments telling me that this is an amazing Platinum hack. I believe it is a very fun hack, but there were a few freezes that I didn't have time to fix until now. The game is fixed, so go ahead and play it. But people have no patience, and people don't realize how easily bugs can pop up in games just from one small addition of script. The game is now working, so you shouldn't have any problems.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Looks good, a reference to put in is at the final team plasma fight Maxus (i think his name is) says "I'll be back"

Years
Okay two things:

1. When I try to go to Spear Pillar, the game freezes in the room before going to the place. I had to run my save off a vanilla ROM to bypass this. But when I go and leave Spear Pillar back on the hack, since I change the Save back to the hack, I end up in the stairs in the room before Spear Pillar. Don't know why it does that when I try to go TO Spear Pillar. It just goes black and the music mutes a bit but I can still hear it, and the game hangs there.

2. After beating the Elite 4, go to Fight Area, minute I see Barry, game hangs.

3. Trying to do contests, least the Acting Part, game hangs when I try to select my first move.

Thought you should know.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Good hack and a lot of fun but I agree with the post above, after beating the elite 4 when you get on the ship at Snowpoint the game crashes as soon as you the port and Barry at the other end.

A fix would be great!

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2017
Looks good. Will give this a go in the future. Would you consider making an Origin SoulSilver/HeartGold?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
It's a nice hack that doesn't get too much in the way of the original gaming experience, not to mention adding many interesting and humorous references across the game.

However... I've got a problem with an event item, specifically the Secret Key. It doesn't work. Apparently, event items such as these are hack-proof, so adding them in-game doesn't really help much either way, because now the wall in the Eterna Building won't open. Kinda a disappointment, because now I'm left wondering if the other event items you added into the game would also have the same result.

Edit:
Also, the freezes are still occurring. Not sure if this is part of the game or part of your hack, but from the comments above, I'd assume it's the latter.

Edit 2:
Fixed! Using a cheat, that is. The Secret Key I obtained using a cheat code works. Looks like there's a problem with your hacked item.

Last edited:
Years
I tried patching it into a clean platinum rom but it didnt patch.

PS: i am using XDelta just as you said to.

Edit: Turns out i was using a heavily outdated version of XDelta so i downloaded a new one and it worked.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
The game has a horrible freeze, the second you enter post-game area for the first time. Have any solutions for it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2018
I am releasing an unofficial version of this hack as a hotfix for the Fight Zone freeze, since the creator of the hack has been nowhere to be seen in the last 2 years.

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!StRnRJZL!9w62Lm322fTGkhVTekuyK8uOzJym4ZBAqqCfgZ4m6hk

Pokemon Origin Platinum v1.5 (unofficial) changelog:

• Fixed Fight Zone freeze(s).
Credit given to MrCheeze for identifying script #201 as the cause.

---

Quick update: I made a new patch: changed the Spear Pillar back to the original warp. The crash complained about earlier does not appear to be present and can be safely reenabled.

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!z4RwBZIA!yLV5RHNXO0jwyLfrQLmdmgCdJXQ_p27mhf4XkmYxOqU

Pokemon Origin Platinum v1.51 (unofficial) changelog:

• Restored pre-Spear Pillar room warp as the crash no longer appears to exist.

Last edited:
Back