• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Piece: Raiders of the Grand Line [T][OOC/SU]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Pyro: I just tried to fix it some by taking out formatting, but no luck was to be found. D: Dunno what's wrong there.

Also, Sov probably knows how to make a nutritious meal, thanks to her time in the temple. But, that doesn't necessarily mean tasty and I imagine she's gonna be busy...Academying.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'll make it as much more detailed as I can, but I was pretty clear on why he left the Grand Line... I'm not sure what else I could say to clear that up for you...

Edit: SU has been fixed up, I'm not really sure what else I can add in but if there are any specific details you feel I need to add let me know.
You specified he left his island on the Grand Line and that he decided to avoid the Grand Line but not exactly how he left, but I suppose it's implied that he left then.

Your background is where work is needed most as it's a bit short and doesn't explain much about how he grew up, how his view of the world had evolved, etc. Marines are also probably more likely to just dock on the island and trade with the people there for their resources, but they can still be corrupt in their interactions with the people of Loka, but they wont act like pirates most of the time.

If you can fix that up, you'll be good to go.

@Pyro: I just tried to fix it some by taking out formatting, but no luck was to be found. D: Dunno what's wrong there.

Also, Sov probably knows how to make a nutritious meal, thanks to her time in the temple. But, that doesn't necessarily mean tasty and I imagine she's gonna be busy...Academying.
That's weird. Well I'll have to read over it again and the PM about her past beyond that point to remember her background more thoroughly, but your second half is approved.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Okay, thanks. ^_^ Sorry about this trouble.

For the record, I imagine Sov's fighting style looks something like Voldo from Soul Calibur's.

Years
Okay, I fixed up the issues with the marines a bit and expanded on his background, how is that Pyro?

Edit: For some reaon all the changes I made to his background didn't save o.O This will probably take longer than I originally thought

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Okay, thanks. ^_^ Sorry about this trouble.

For the record, I imagine Sov's fighting style looks something like Voldo from Soul Calibur's.
Lol I'm not too familiar with SC. I'll just see how she fights in the RP. :D

Okay, I fixed up the issues with the marines a bit and expanded on his background, how is that Pyro?
For whatever reason all I see is the same background from before. If you did fix it, I still need you to add another paragraph probably involving his childhood and how he learned the doctor profession and medical remedies.

Years
ooohhh, that's what you meant, I actually haven't figured out how to do backgrounds, I'll add more in a bit.

I have made the background, again more detailed, but I'm running out of ideas here. If you want me to change my background colour you'll have to tell me how.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
*Not entirely done with my SU. Just sortof ignore it Pyro until I contact you

Name:
Shinya K. Yuu

Title:
Shōbō shōnen (It's self proclaimed as he has this as Kanji tattooed on his right arm)

Race: Human

Home: Originally from Loguetown, East Blue where he lives in a cupboard in a pub where he played music inside. Although the pay isn't great, it leaves him with shelter, food, and a little pocket change.

Setting: Local

Working at Grog Stop, the bar he knew for more than half of his lifetime, he wanted to set out to spread his talent across the word.

Appearance:
His hair tends to cover up the upper portion of his face, including his eyes. His hair is black but slightly tinted blue, long, straight and untidy. His body build is slim, due to occasional bar fights. His eye color
is a dark purple and his skin tone/complexion is light brown. He has no major scars whatsoever and he stands 5'9.

He often wears a
(partially) laced black shirt with the left side being sleeveless (showing his tattoo) and the right being long sleeved, along with black "phat" pants that are slightly tattered. He also has a purple bandana tied on his right arm.

Personality:
The main words that can be used to describe him are sarcastic, wisecrack, and somewhat bitter to those he isn't close to. People tend to confuse him with being a loner and shy c. He is of average intelligence but often his anger can get the best of him. He tends to be somewhat carefree and lazy about everything other than music or brawls.. He rarely gets strung out and usually is relaxed.

Goal: To become a worldwide phenomenon, known for his skills in music and literature.

Devil Fruit: None

Weapons: Throwing Knives, Brass Knuckles and his bare fists

Background:

His father, Mason was a bartender at the Grog Stop and he was well known for his ability to play music, which was an attraction of the bar, people often coming in just to hear him play his harmonica. Shinya's father eventually got into conflict with the bar owner although it didn't led to much but unease between the two. Eventually, his father was killed in an unrelated fight with a group of Marines, after getting caught harboring a pirate who is Shinya's Mom (Not much can be said about her except for the fact that she was a pirate and died immediately after pregnancy). Ever since Mason's death, the bar started to lose it's customers so the owner took up illicit activities and drew in alot of customers again although this crowd was rougher. The bar became notorious as a center for fencing goods and as a area for a pirates to rest at under the radar from marines.

Shinya doesn't know much about his own parents, as he has been working around the Grog Stop for most of his life, starting off cleaning the bar but his position changed to the bar's musician when he learned how to first play his father's harmonica. His music appealed to some people which led to it being his new job. In the bar he sometimes has to defend himself from the usual rowdy customer so he developed an affinity to using throwing knives and a pair of brass knuckles that belonged to his mom. Although he isn't a master at using these weapons, he became good enough to fight off the average pirate. Shinya and the bar owner tend to be in conflict with each other over numerous reasons but regardless Shinya puts up with him to keep his job. As his music skills developed, he eventually branched out to whistling when idle or during the occasional time he has to clean at his job instead of playing music.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I've decided that I'll be closing this RP as it hasn't garnered the interest that I had hoped. I'm still interested in a One Piece RP if anyone is interested in co-GMing with me and maybe start working on a new one with a better, more engaging plot, so if that interests you, just PM me and we can talk.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
*checks thread update*

tumblr_lmazhfgtMJ1qgm4ji.gif

'Tis a great shame; I was looking forward to this. I'd be interested in co-GM'ing, if you don't mind my initial lack of One Piece knowledge.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
:( I would be interested although I might not be the best candidate

Back