• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Altaria, fly me to Sky Pillar!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
HM02, Fly, takes the player to any town or city they have previously visited. Aside for settlements, there are some other places the player can fly to such as the entrance to Victory Road. Where else would you like to be able to fly to? Why? Is there anywhere where you think it is not necessary to be able to fly to?

Discuss!

Spr_3r_277.png

So zippy~

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't use Fly so much as before but yeah, flying to these special locations like Sky Pillar which you visit more than once could be very interesting... =)
Otherwise, I wouldn't want any other flying position.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Honestly, flying anywhere there's a Pokemon center would be awesome. I have no complaints with the current fly zones though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Well, I can't think of anywhere special other than Sky Pillar, Mt. Pyre and maybe Meteor Falls. They got it all covered, specially since you don't visit most of these places twice so you can fly there.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Nah. That'd make it too easy, wouldn't it? Especially in Hoenn, as the only semi-difficult major location to get to is Mt Pyre and that's not bat at all. You gotta put forth at least a bit effort there. Makes the game feel more like an adventure.

Years
The only three places in Hoenn that I felt could've used a fly point would've been the Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre and the Sky Pillar. Since the latter two don't make much sense being able to fly directly to, the Safari Zone would've been nice, as it's the only one that you can't fly directly to or right near (even the Pal Park in D/P/Pt and the Safari Zone in HG/SS could be flown directly to).

As for Kanto, the only extra points I would've liked to been able to Fly to would be the Seafoam Islands (which again, kind of defeats the purpose), and Resort Gorgeous off of Five Island.

Years
The only three places in Hoenn that I felt could've used a fly point would've been the Safari Zone, Mt. Pyre and the Sky Pillar. Since the latter two don't make much sense being able to fly directly to, the Safari Zone would've been nice, as it's the only one that you can't fly directly to or right near (even the Pal Park in D/P/Pt and the Safari Zone in HG/SS could be flown directly to).

As for Kanto, the only extra points I would've liked to been able to Fly to would be the Seafoam Islands (which again, kind of defeats the purpose), and Resort Gorgeous off of Five Island.

I agree about the Safari Zone but you should be able to fly to the Sky Pillar. It's one of the best places to train but having to surf there and back when you have to heal your Pokemon or when you run out of PP is just time consuming and annoying.

Back