• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bronzor & Bronzong + Distortion World = ???

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I have reason to believe that Bronzor and Bronzong are connected to the Distortion World.

Firstly, Bronzor is based off a bronze mirror and one way to get in and out of the Distortion World is a mirror or any other relfective surface. \

Next, Bronzong's Platinum entry states "It brought rains by opening portals to another world.". Perhaps that other world is the Distortion World. And since things are opposite between the real world and the Distortion World, maybe if it was very hot in the real world, it was raining in the other, so Bronzong would open a portal and take the rain and swap it with the hot weather so it would be hot in the Distortion World and raining in the real world, thus, good harvest season.

Than, in Pokemon Platinum, both places where there's a portal to the Distortion World (Mt. Coronet and Turnback Cave), there are ancient ruins visiible, such a spillars and tiled walls. It also states in both Bronzor's and Bronzong's Pokedex entries that "Ancient People" believed mysterious things about these Pokemon. Maybe these were the ancient ruins they once existed in.

And if you don't believe that, get this. In both Mt. Coronet and Turnback Cave, you can catch both Bronzor and Bronzong.

So looking at the big picture here, I think Bronzor and Bronzong were created to help ocntrol the balance of the Distortion World, along with Giratina.

Any Questions? XD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
To be honest, I always thought that Bronzong at least had something to do with the legends of ancient Sinnoh. The fact that it's a bell, the Pokedex, and the places where they live all kind of fit. I support this Wild Mass Guess!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
There was an article posted on Bulbapedia not long ago about the basis of Bronzor and Bronzong. It described in depth what they were based on and how they were related etc. etc.

But that the Distortion World could be connected to them... based on what you have, that could be quite plausible! I'd believe that! :D

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
Sorry buddy, but there are flaws in your logic.

Sure Bronzor and Bronzong appear at the entries to the Distortion World, but so do many other pokemon, why can't they be from the distortion world? And wouldn't they appear IN the distortion world?

Also, I don't see Giratina being very, uhh, let's say "Co-Operative" with other pokemon. It isn't quite the "Mew" type of legendary, more like the "Mewtwo".

Tbh, I could go on a while, but I can't be bothered, these points seem good enough :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Sorry buddy, but there are flaws in your logic.

Sure Bronzor and Bronzong appear at the entries to the Distortion World, but so do many other pokemon, why can't they be from the distortion world? And wouldn't they appear IN the distortion world?

Also, I don't see Giratina being very, uhh, let's say "Co-Operative" with other pokemon. It isn't quite the "Mew" type of legendary, more like the "Mewtwo".

Tbh, I could go on a while, but I can't be bothered, these points seem good enough :)

I never said they lived IN the Distortion World, I said their powers are connected to it.

And Giratina has been shown to be cooperative when calmed down. Th only time it has been seen enraged was with Dialga and that was becuase it sealed it off from the real world.

And as for the "other Pokemon" with entires, I never said that the entries actually had Distortion World written in it. It says "other world". And I doubt any of the "other Pokemon" have as many connections to the Distortion World as I found with Bronzor and Bronzong.

And Bronzong doesn't need to enter the Distortion World to use it's powers. It opens portals into "another world" from this world and brings rainclouds.

Any more questions? XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
It's a pretty feasible theory. I mean, the fact the Bronzor and Bronzong's habitats are near Mt. Coronet, which also happens to be the portal to the distortion world, means that there may be a correlation. However, what about Diagla, Palkia and Arceus? They also live in other dimensions to this world which only appear at Mt. Coronet. If your theory is right, then not only do they tie in with Giratina, but they also tie in with Diagla, Palkia and even Arceus.

Years
Maybe they were once rare pokemon, tasked as gatekeepers to the other worlds, but lack of predators created an ideal breeding ground which made their numbers increase drastically?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I does spark some ideas, doesn't it?

And yes, I do think they link to Dialga, Plakia and Arceus in some way as well, but most of the information points to the Distortion World itself.

Who nows, maybe one day, more information will be available.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
Years
Bronzong could have been used for a church. But it mightn't of liked being hit in the face every Sunday.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Bronzong could have been used for a church. But it mightn't of liked being hit in the face every Sunday.

Actually, Bronzong was based off a dotaku, a silent bell. It has no piece on the inside, thus, it can't make a sound.

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2010
Tha'ts a pretty good theory, friend. :) I can believe that. I'd actually thought about this once before but never went this far. This is good!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Actually, Bronzong was based off a dotaku, a silent bell. It has no piece on the inside, thus, it can't make a sound.

And as such, to make it ring one would have to strike it. Kind of reminds me of Odama. Does anybody remember that game?

I like to think certain other Pokemon, like the Unown, are involved with the otherworldly legendaries too. We've seen those guys floating about some as well.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I always thought Bronzong was some sort of bell...? Nuff said.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
Years
I think your theory of Bronzong being connected to the Distortion world is quite plausible.

However, there are also some holes in this theory.

If Bronzor and Bronzong were connected to the Distortion world, wouldn't they be catchable IN the Distortion World???

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I think your theory of Bronzong being connected to the Distortion world is quite plausible.

However, there are also some holes in this theory.

If Bronzor and Bronzong were connected to the Distortion world, wouldn't they be catchable IN the Distortion World???

No because than their powers would of been useless.

Why would they want to open portals to the Distortion World IN the Distortion World?

Plus, besides Cyrus, no other humans live in the Distortion World. And as far as we know, there is no natural food there since everything is in reverse.

Thus, Bronzong's power of good harvest would be wasted.

And let's not forget that giratina doesn't like intruders in it's domain, no matter the person or Pokemon.

Plus, Bronzong and Bronzor can be found in Mt. Coronet and Turnback Cave, both places that have a portal to the Distortion World.

Hope that answers your question.

Back