• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Linked

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK guys, sorry for the double post but there is a "little" update. Infact massively big and it is the sprites of the pokemon. Now as previous coments where bad and all can I have some comments on these graphics. I dont mind critism, as long as it is constructive. Hopefully this can get the game 'back-on-track'.
Spoiler:

Have fun and feast your eyes. If you dont like 'em please tell me WHY.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
WHY do you insist on making a platformer view pokemon game. Pokemon isn't a platformer game. it is an RPG. Just because it is original doesn't make it good!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Ummm, because I am being original? Incase you havn't noticed ALL pokemon fangames are TRYING to be the exact SAME as the original. If you dont start anything new then its plain boring. Well even if it is good with a top-down view you are sill being the same and I dont get any motivation from that. You may I dont.

Also I dont think you can tell me that it isn't a platformer game, I DO PLAY POKEMON. I will make my game how I like, it is my choice, not yours to make for me.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
OK guys, sorry for the double post but there is a "little" update. Infact massively big and it is the sprites of the pokemon. Now as previous coments where bad and all can I have some comments on these graphics. I dont mind critism, as long as it is constructive. Hopefully this can get the game 'back-on-track'.
Spoiler:

Have fun and feast your eyes. If you dont like 'em please tell me WHY.

Hey, nice way of taking Joshr_691's sprites and not giving credit! Sprite theft isn't took lightly anywhere! 1- If you found them, your stealing. 2- If someone else found them and did not mention that they're not their's, you would still be stealing since you didn't give credit to that person! *reports*

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Hey, nice way of taking Joshr_691's sprites and not giving credit! Sprite theft isn't took lightly anywhere! 1- If you found them, your stealing. 2- If someone else found them and did not mention that they're not their's, you would still be stealing since you didn't give credit to that person! *reports*

Damn, you beat me to the ranting :P

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that these are someone elses sprites! Can you please give me a link to the sprites so I can see for myself!? I am not taking an opinion yet as I am not sure you are correct, you may be mistaken. *contacting spriter NOW*

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Near the bottom. Is that enough evidence? I can assure you that your spriter isn't Joshr either, since I know Joshr would never save sprites in anything but PwNaGe.

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Every other game has a top-down RPG view and still has many new creative features. Take Omega Groundon's Pokemon Raptor for Example. Best game probally i have seen and still has very creative new features like the mining mingame. I too am making a game. Not finished enough to present it and I will have creative features. Bad graphics will make people want to puke on your game.

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
... Omega Groudon didn't make that. You need to know what you are talking about first, he makes RAPTOR.

OK I am very sorry, and it IS evidence. I am still trying to contact my spriter but I fear it is as you say.....

EDIT: He confirms it, but is still explaining to me. Wait a few minutes and I will have the story.

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Yeah corrected that. Anyways hope you end up making a somewhat-decent game. I can't say much good about, but meh, I support you.

EDIT: Do you think you can show some more screenshots. You said photobucket wasn't workin for ya so try imageshack.

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Thanks, this is a big blow for me being under this illusion. DARN thats annoying. But hopefully I can sort this out, worst case is doing the sprites again. I MIGHT move to original temporarily, but it could be only temp.

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Think you can post some screenshots. This thread really isn't that active except for a few people.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, here is the email that we shared:

Look, that is obviously a lie.

1. You stole someone's sprites.

2. You didn't give them credit.

3. You lied to me.

4. You wll now have waisted my time, and the teams time.

5. You have distroyed my thread on the PC.

6. You have set back time for the games release date.

7. We may now have to use other top-down sprites now.

I am really sad about this and did not expect that you would do this to me and the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LOOK NOW!
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:28:35 -0800

Ok do you remember that first day when you told me to do that turtwig?????
... Well to demonstrate you showed me that picture of that garadoes from the spriters resource...
Well I thought instead of making him (you) one i could find him one! so i just whent back to tsr and look for one that wouldnt be complicated...

****.... I dont have time to explain it all my sis is kicking me out now....

Ill tell you the rest tomorrow....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:48:58 +1030

OK, WHY DID YOU DO IT?!

Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:17:08 -0800

Oh.... I have been found out .... Ok to make a long story short .... Yes I, RomsMaster, stole (i would use the term borrowed) JoshR_691's sprites....

but before I explain why I have to tell you this.... I am not at my regular computer... my brother is (he kicked me out :( )... so there is no point in sending me IM's. I am using my sis's Laptop with no IM .

If you want me to explain why i stole them REPLY!

Subject: LOOK NOW!
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:33:19 +1030

"
"

That was a quote from the thread on the pokemon community. Please explain!

I am very sad about this....

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Wow, that really stinks. He actually stole someone else's sprites. I have someone who is helping me and gave me a bunch of sprites. I was looking at pokemon Cyrus atr it got updated and the exact same sprites he sent to me were being used in that game. Sucks for me, or Cyrusman.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yeah, anyway the news is, (I dont know if it's good to you guys) that we are GOING to do top-down for the first demo just to give you guys something to do and a look around, while my I try and find a new spriter or figure this all out.

Long time no post or news.

Everything is done exept for some stuff that is posted below. Otherwise everything else is done.

I have polished EVERYTHING exept for ONE TINY TINY TINY thing, that I am hunting down now. All I need is a server and then its ready to go :D:D:D:D.

The problem is I need to find someone that can act a server. I can't use me as my PC is very slow and I dont have a great connection. As soon as this is done though I will give it to the staff and take testers.

Please post if you want to be a tester, I will accept 5. If you want to be a tester then you will have to hunt for bugs, although I have been hunting for a very long time. If you even find a TINY one, like a spelling mistake, random pixel, or things screwing please tell me.

Anyway to the server farm :P.

OK people, long time no see, lol.

The demo has and was been released a while ago. Check the site for info: http://www.freewebs.com/pokemon-linked which I made from scratch in HTML.

The game is downloadable and please tell me if you have any problems. I will edit this soon - when I have time. Feedback and constructive critisism are WORSHIPPED :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that happened to 40% of the people that got it.... Um, follow the guide on the forum, it is stickied. I cant link you to it, its against rules sorry.

Just follow it. You may need to register to post if you have any more errors. Does anyone else get this?

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Hmmmm, that is the general problem is that the game has basicly changed COMPLETELY. I think I may have to start a new thread as the game is so different it has NOTHING to do with any of the posts in the topic now.

Mods please close this.

Back