• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Music!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay, obviously there's no music to listen to right now, but when there is, it can go here! In the meantime, what do you expect out of the music now that the games have moved to the 3DS? Are you anticipating any remixes of songs from previous generations? Do you hope for any, and if so, what?

My answer kind of combines two topics together (that topic being the inspiration for this one), I'm hoping we get something like B2W2's PWT and we get to hear revamped versions of the music from older games in GLORIOUS 3DS goodness. I'd really love to hear remixes of gen I songs. It's just neat to hear gen I music in the latest game's musical flair, you know?

Hoping we get some music samples soon, cause it's a bit difficult to speculate the music. There isn't any out, right? Just the trailer with no gameplay music iirc.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe they're gonna do like a general -theme- of music with their sound track. Like.. in the remake of Gen 2, it sort of feels more Asian esque imo. So perhaps they're gonna incorprate some sort of techno? I dunno, I just say techno, because... it feels techno themed to me.

I really hope that they'll have us have sort of a nostalgic blast and have remixed music~! Maybe like in a cameo battle?

Years
I expect the music will be in 3D. If it's not it'll be such a disappointment :B

Too be honest, I just expect it to be good. I really love all the music to the pokemon games (that i have played at least) and I love how each region has its own sort of theme (like trumpets for hoenn or techno/electronic for Unova, especially in BW2)

I'm really hoping for some sweet simple melodies, almost country in a way. But in game music form. :D

Remixed music would be amazing too!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh yes, I could totally see that happening, Shawn! The names X and Y make me think of genetics and science and such, so I can definitely see the music having a bit of an electric/techno feel to it. ...Because science = techno XD

And yeah, I got this thread idea from your cameo appearances thread. XD I'm hoping we have someone from another region visit for a battle or two.

edit: I could also see some French inspired music showing up, since the region is apparently based on France.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think it'll be all new music with the past one's flair! :3 Maybe they'll add in more creepy ones like Lavender Town!
What I'm looking forward is maybe more environment sound effects! Like how hitting something with a bike in the old games just gave a 'dunk' sound.. hopefully they can have lots more appropriate sounds :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Because of the Eiffel Tower shown in the trailer, they might have some French inspired music in the games, or at least at the place where the Eiffel Tower is. I think we might also hear some more lyrics like they did in the Unova games.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think we might also hear some more lyrics like they did in the Unova games.

As long as the lyrics are more than "Dennis, Dennis" I'm all for it!

blue

gucci
Years
I enjoyed the vocal pieces from BW & B2W2 so I'm hoping that makes a return. If this region is based in France I'd like to hear more use of French Instruments i.e Accordion, it was used in BW which added a nice touch to Nacrene City.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I hope the music has a European feel to it; even if it ends up just taking place in France I'd still love it if it had an Italian-esque track for one city or area and a couple Celtic tracks for other places and a German-esque track and--yeah, you guys get the point XD;

As for remixes of tracks, you never know. I bet that they'd do it if certain Gym Leaders/Elite 4 Members/Champions cameoed. Or they could make a subtle one that takes a moment to realize, such as the Lilycove remix played in your villa in Platinum.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I expect orchestra music in the same fashion as the anime's BGM. Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland worked well with orchestral BGM, so why can't Pokemon. Heck, they even played an orchestral remix of Gen V's title screen for BW2.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would love to hear some 3DS refined music that is brand new to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Something that would only be able to be fit as a .cwav (CTR Wave, knowing that I know about the music format within 3DS ROMs) format. In previous games, they used Sequence in a MIDI-like format, I think it's about time we heard some Streams like what you'd normally hear on Wii and Wii U games. ;)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The anime's soundtrack is hardly exciting. I'm sure Masuda's team has a wider variety of tunes to compose.

Maybe for some moments an orchestra would do nicely (such as the orchestra-like composition when you were close to winning a battle "Victory In Sight!" in B/W) but I wouldn't want it fully orchestrated.

But it's pretty great that the 3DS supports streamed music (as in, they aren't playing basic MIDIs - look it up) so we could have just about any sort of music from the game.

I fully expect accordions given the French inspiration.

Hm... actually the Nintendo DS does indeed support Streamed Music as well. But it isn't used too much for Background Music, but it is mainly used for some sound effects in games like in Pokémon Ranger.

And yeah, orchestrated music is exactly what I was thinking as well. It would be really nice to hear some real orchestrated music in the game, it would really give that "spectacular feel" to it and making the cutscenes even more so amazing with orchestrated music.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want the legends to have orchaestra, maybe their theme's can be based on the music played in Rites of Spring, a french Play (I thought of this in school as we talked about the play).

I want some of the legend themes to sound less techno, after awhile it gets old, orchaestra music like the kind in the Kingdom Hearts series would be much appreciated.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm hoping the music is catchy, techno-ish (I suppose), and has a dramatic/serious feel to it. (Much like that of the Elite Four's in B2W2). It wouldn't be all that bad if they did incorporate some of the older generations' music, but I'd rather move on from them for now, and enjoy just the new tracks of Gen VI.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I am hoping to hear some remixes but mainly I want new music, that truly captures the sense of the area, I like the pokemon music, but it could be better xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd love to see lots of new music, but for it to be more Unova-ish, if anything.

That also brings to mind a question, how would you guys feel if they introduced no new music and just used everything from Unova instead? Personally I'd totally embrace it and wouldn't mind it buuut still. :x I don't think the other fans would like it as much, but how about the rest of you?

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'm hoping for a more orchestral score this time around. Something like what Motoi Sakuraba might compose, for a general comparison I would love to be able to make. I wouldn't mind some variety with something metal or techno (anything but rap, to be honest...unless it's the original Pokerap) but I'd like the majority to be orchestral.

...that said, a GB Sounds item that converted it all to 8-bit would be well received by me.

Also, if the Legendary battle theme was a full-blown ominous Latin chanting mashup, I'd probably explode with glee. Ghetsis' remix of One Winged Angel was a nice addition to B/W, but it wasn't really dramatic enough, and it was a bit difficult to take seriously...the DS wasn't really built for that kind of thing. The 3DS, on the other hand, is quite capable of it.

Back