• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What is your least favorite Dark type Pokemon and why?

Geez, I haven't been here in a while.

I have to agree with Umbr30n and say Poochyena/Mightyena are the worst Dark-types. I mean, they have no effective moves and terrible stats.

I mean, they were a major disappointment for me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
To answer the topic myself, I'd say my least favorite is Purrloin/Liepard. I used one on my White run thinking it might be a good Pokemon. Ended up being a big disappointment. Not extremely high stats , hard to train, and would easily faint.

I agree with Hikari/Umbr30n on Poochyena/Mightyena. It looks cools, but it's moves and stats are terrible. So those tow get my second least favorites.

Unlike some people here I actually like Scraggy/Scrafty. Sure it looks nothing like the other Dark types, but it's part Fighting too and that's probably what they were going for when designing them. I honestly think they're design is cool looking , love their hoodlum like appearance. Plus Scrafty is a great fighter imo.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
least favorite dark type?
vullaby/ mandibuzz
you got it so late in the game, i thought it would be a good pokemon
it turned out to b rubbish

Treecko

Years
least favorite dark type?
vullaby/ mandibuzz
you got it so late in the game, i thought it would be a good pokemon
it turned out to b rubbish
Vullaby/Manibuzz is decent, but that's why I picked White, cause I love Braviary more. It's ten times better and more powerful. It's my favorite Flying-type now cause it's so BA.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What is your least favorite Dark type Pokemon and why?
Mandibuzz ewww. It's just a foul Pokémon in general :( It looks pretty much like it's going to ambush you and pick apart your corpse at any given moment, it has a complete feeling of evil surrounding it, it has a foul move set, and it's just not a nice Pokémon at all in my opinion. If I had the choice I'd be as far away from this Pokémon as physically possible at all times so yeah, not a favourite of mine hehe. x3

Treecko

Years
^ Yeah Vullaby/Manibuzz are atrocious and ugly designed.

Speaking of design this is a good time to bring up a new topic. Similar to the last question.

Which Dark-type Pokemon you think has the best design?

Not your favorite, but which one you think is best/coolest design-wise. Though that may be your favorite as well. lol

Discuss!

Years

430.gif
560.gif
553.gif

I have to say Scrafty, Krookodile and Honchkrow cos I love how they are based on criminals.

They look badass and they have good stats to go with their awesome designs.

I love Krookodile's eyes cos they give it that intimidating look, Scrafty is one really good attacker and I love how Honchkrow raises its wing in its animated sprite. They really showcase the dirty tricks associated with the Dark-type.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
My favourite Pokemon is Umbreon. Who had the best design was also Umbreon. It just looks BOSS, cool and cute all at the same time. It's Shiny Form is just very good, as the moon would have that kind of colour. As for Yellow, they may represent an eclipse - A moon blocking the sun. Umbreon's design can prove that it represents the moon and/or any kind of Eclipse. We have some information about Umbreon's design from Bulbapedia - "Umbreon stalks prey silently at night. As it awaits its victims' approach, the yellow rings on its body begin to glow. During the day, they blink on and off. They are often seen on roofs and in trees staring at the moon.". The Yellow Ring part is maybe to do with an Eclipse. But yeah, better not go off too far into the Umbreon subject, or else this post would be a little inadequate. So yeah, that's just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years

I would say Mightyena. I love mightyena, one of the only pokemon that is the closest to looking like a Wolf. Others are Umbreon, Absol, Tyranitar, Hydreigon...I have long list of favourite Dark-Types by design.

estring628

Super-Nerd
Years
Username: Estring628
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Not only are their designs amazing, they're about as badass as badass can get. Seriously, I wish for them to teach me in the art of badassery. Please.

Your partners: Mightyena and Sneasel
What Types rule: Obviously Dark types, I wouldn't be able to play a Pokemon game without them. I always have to have AT LEAST one in my team. But I also really like Fire types! Surprisingly enough, Houndoom and Houndour aren't my favorite Pokemon, but they're close!
Answer the current topic:

Which Pokemon do you think has the best design?

Oh wow, this is a big question...Hm. Well, I really like Mightyena's design! As said by Mithel_Celestia, I like how much it looks like a wolf. But you know...I really, REALLY like Weavile's design! I'm not really sure WHY I like its design so much, but I just do! ^_^

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
I am definitely joining a Dark type fanclub!! I simply must! I adore Dark types!
Username: Psystar63
What do I think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They absolutely rule! They have some of the best designs in the Pokemon world, and they are as dark as the night, like me.
Partner/s: Absol and Hydreigon
What types rule: Dark and Dragon types, which is why I totally owned Black with my Hydreigon!

Which Pokemon has the best design?
Absol obviously. In my opinion, it probably has the most unique looking design out of all pokemon. That white fur just beckons me to capture it and have it on my team. I like its title of being the 'Disaster Pokemon'. And Absol has awesome attack power. It's just a shame that its speed could do with some work. Still a great Pokemon nonetheless.

Username:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:
Your partners: (Up to two)
What Types rule:
Answer the current topic:

Treecko

Years
Welcome to the club both of you! I'm posting from my Wii right now so I can't update atm(no way to copy and paste) but as soon as I get on my computer I'll do it right away. :D

Treecko

Years
430.gif
560.gif
553.gif

I have to say Scrafty, Krookodile and Honchkrow cos I love how they are based on criminals.

They look badass and they have good stats to go with their awesome designs.

I love Krookodile's eyes cos they give it that intimidating look, Scrafty is one really good attacker and I love how Honchkrow raises its wing in its animated sprite. They really showcase the dirty tricks associated with the Dark-type.
These are also so me of my favorite designs. Especially Scrafty and Krookodile. Krookodile is definitly my favorite Ground type because of it high stats plus it's ability Moxie increases it's attack everytime it knocks out a Pokemon making it a complete powerhouse. Same goes for Scrafty. It has a cool BOSS gangsta like design and is a powerhouse with it's Moxie ability.

My favourite Pokemon is Umbreon. Who had the best design was also Umbreon. It just looks BOSS, cool and cute all at the same time. It's Shiny Form is just very good, as the moon would have that kind of colour. As for Yellow, they may represent an eclipse - A moon blocking the sun. Umbreon's design can prove that it represents the moon and/or any kind of Eclipse. We have some information about Umbreon's design from Bulbapedia - "Umbreon stalks prey silently at night. As it awaits its victims' approach, the yellow rings on its body begin to glow. During the day, they blink on and off. They are often seen on roofs and in trees staring at the moon.". The Yellow Ring part is maybe to do with an Eclipse. But yeah, better not go off too far into the Umbreon subject, or else this post would be a little inadequate. So yeah, that's just my thoughts.

Umbreon is my favorite Dark type too. And I agree with on design being but cool but cute and it's shiny form is my absolute favorite shiny.

I would say Mightyena. I love mightyena, one of the only pokemon that is the closest to looking like a Wolf. Others are Umbreon, Absol, Tyranitar, Hydreigon...I have long list of favourite Dark-Types by design.

Which Pokemon do you think has the best design?

Oh wow, this is a big question...Hm. Well, I really like Mightyena's design! As said by Mithel_Celestia, I like how much it looks like a wolf. But you know...I really, REALLY like Weavile's design! I'm not really sure WHY I like its design so much, but I just do! ^_^

I like Mightyena 's design as well though it's not my favorite, but it's still very cooling looking.

Which Pokemon has the best design?
Absol obviously. In my opinion, it probably has the most unique looking design out of all pokemon. That white fur just beckons me to capture it and have it on my team. I like its title of being the 'Disaster Pokemon'. And Absol has awesome attack power. It's just a shame that its speed could do with some work. Still a great Pokemon nonetheless.

Ok well to answer the topic myself:
I also think Absol, along with Umbreon has the best design. The first time I saw it in Emerald I thought it was the coolest Pokemon ever. And as I said for Umbreon, it's my favorite Dark type and I love it's shiny.

Thanks! ^_^ Glad to be a part of the club~
No problem, any Dark type fan is welcomed here.

New topic soon maybe? I can't really think of one right now but anyone can come up with one.

Psystar63

Years

Umbreon also has a cool design, and it's shiny form is in my top 10 of best shinies. I just love those bright eyes peering out of the darkness. Umbreon totally owns the night. But I just can't go past Absol's unique design!

If I may suggest a topic:

Which Dark-type Pokemon would make a good starter Pokemon?

It just popped up in my mind... :)

Treecko

Years
If I may suggest a topic:

It just popped up in my mind... :)

That's a good topic.
How about that.

New topic.

Thanks for the topic Psystar!

Psystar63

Years
That's a good topic.
How about that.

New topic.

Thanks for the topic Psystar!

Thanks! :D So if I may be the first to answer my own topic. I think I would go with Murkrow. It can learn some decent attacks and has good attack power. If you're fortunate enough to get a Dusk stone early you can evolve it into Honchkrow whenever you feel like. It can also learn Fly, which is always a plus in my book for any starter.

Treecko

Years
Thanks! :D So if I may be the first to answer my own topic. I think I would go with Murkrow. It can learn some decent attacks and has good attack power. If you're fortunate enough to get a Dusk stone early you can evolve it into Honchkrow whenever you feel like. It can also learn Fly, which is always a plus in my book for any starter.

No problem. I like Murkrow as a starter but the trouble of finding a Dusk Stone would be challenging. Game Freak would probably somehow make included getting a Dusk Stone part of the game's story somehow. Like a random person running into you and saying "Hey I don't need this anymore.Turns out it's useless to me. You can have it!" or something like that.

Answering the topic myself, I think Sandile or Deino would be a good starter. mainly cause they have two evolutions like the other starters. Plus both are pretty powerful. Like I said earlier , Krookodile is a freaking powerhouse with it's ability Moxie and Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary.

Psystar63

Years
No problem. I like Murkrow as a starter but the trouble of finding a Dusk Stone would be challenging. Game Freak would probably somehow make included getting a Dusk Stone part of the game's story somehow. Like a random person running into you and saying "Hey I don't need this anymore.Turns out it's useless to me. You can have it!" or something like that.

Answering the topic myself, I think Sandile or Deino would be a good starter. mainly cause they have two evolutions like the other starters. Plus both are pretty powerful. Like I said earlier , Krookodile is a freaking powerhouse with it's ability Moxie and Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary.

That's what I would think too. Like, someone gives you a Dusk Stone when you're at about the 4th/5th gym or something. I remember in Diamond I was rather annoyed at the fact that you don't get a Dusk Stone until later in the game in the Galactic Warehouse, leaving my poor Murkrow the only unevolved Pokemon in my team.
Sandile would be a good choice. Being part Ground-type, it could totally own with Earthquake :) It also evolves at around the same levels as the usual starters (though a little bit higher mind you) And I do LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE Hydreigon. The only issue I have with Deino is how long it takes to evolve. Deino evolves into Zweilous at Lv 50, and- going from my experience- that's about the level my Pokemon are at when I take on the E4.
Plus it's EXP growth is slow, which doesn't help much... even with a Lucky Egg.

Treecko

Years
That's what I would think too. Like, someone gives you a Dusk Stone when you're at about the 4th/5th gym or something. I remember in Diamond I was rather annoyed at the fact that you don't get a Dusk Stone until later in the game in the Galactic Warehouse, leaving my poor Murkrow the only unevolved Pokemon in my team.
Sandile would be a good choice. Being part Ground-type, it could totally own with Earthquake :) It also evolves at around the same levels as the usual starters (though a little bit higher mind you) And I do LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE Hydreigon. The only issue I have with Deino is how long it takes to evolve. Deino evolves into Zweilous at Lv 50, and- going from my experience- that's about the level my Pokemon are at when I take on the E4.
Plus it's EXP growth is slow, which doesn't help much... even with a Lucky Egg.

Right I forget how long it takes Deino to evolve. That would be a pain once you get to the final gym. I guess Sandile would work best.

wow I'm bad at responding to my own club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back