• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
News: Olivine has to be delayed a bit, there seems to be a few events happening when they shouldnt (like Bill in Ecruteak, and a lot of Goldenrod events). I'll need to figure out who caused this, probably change some flags, I'll keep you people updated.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
More (good this time) news: Well, I changed some flags, and it seems to be working better. We'll have to see later if it keeps working ok. In the mean time, I should go back to Olivine.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
Pretty sweet job. =]
Keep up the good work. I really like how this hack is coming along.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2007
Yours hack is very good. But I in your place i put only the pines finer as the original version of pokémon gold and silver and placed the small pines. If you want I can send you the ones that I made. You also have some errors in the pines, in the form as the from above part incases in the part of low.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Finally I have made enough to be posting again! Olivine is done, of course the Lighthouse is not in yet. Even worse, now that I got Strength I need to backtrack once more and update where I should (not many places as with Surf, so it should be quicker this time)

awesome! How far do you think the next beta will go?

Next beta will go up to Olivine, no Lighthouse. However, I think there should be enough to keep you entertained as I keep on working. So far you'd have: Illex (farfetch's puzzle), Goldenrod (gym), National Park (contest), Ecruteak (gym, towers), Olivine (no gym), along with a lot of trainer battles in routes. And let's not forget about going back with Surf and Strength to a few updated places.

That's all people (still amazed a user with almost 4k posts posted in here, thanks!)

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
I definitly want to see this hack on the next hack of the year voting ;D

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
^I second that! ^^
So, does the Nat'l Park thing work? (Like, will there be a contest only once in a while?) Also, did you check out the video I posted a link to?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
For now, the Contest only works once (after defeating/catching Sudowoodo). And for the time being, it'll work only after certain events.
But, it really works! You can catch a bug pokémon and even get rated! (and get the Sun Stone if you catch a strong or rare poke).
However, there are a few rules changed (most of them are changes for good), like, you can use items, and any ball you like (you still get the Park Balls, not 20, but 5)

About the video, I've seen it. I'd like to see how you give Kurt the GS-Ball. But, dont worry. I still dont plan battling against any legendary anyway.

Thanks about a possible future HOY nominee. But, it really seems a lot of time ahead... :classic:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
For now, the Contest only works once (after defeating/catching Sudowoodo). And for the time being, it'll work only after certain events.
But, it really works! You can catch a bug pokémon and even get rated! (and get the Sun Stone if you catch a strong or rare poke).
However, there are a few rules changed (most of them are changes for good), like, you can use items, and any ball you like (you still get the Park Balls, not 20, but 5)

About the video, I've seen it. I'd like to see how you give Kurt the GS-Ball. But, dont worry. I still dont plan battling against any legendary anyway.

Thanks about a possible future HOY nominee. But, it really seems a lot of time ahead... :classic:
I think when you have the GS Ball, you just give it to Kurt automatically the first time you talk to him. I'll try to figure out what he says and does.
The Bug Contest modifications sound great, I like the idea of using decent Balls. KUTAW!

sohappy

AIPOM!
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2007
WOW! This seems to be going great. This is the best scripting I've ever seen. Best of luck to you zel!

Years
Zel... u are one MAD ROM HACKER!!!!! Holy i've never seen this much quality EVER... Yeah, I used to be a regular here a whiole ago, and i've been scanning throught the pages for a while and ur game has put me BACK TO ACTION! I'm gonna be back here, thanks to u.... ><
Nyways, from the first page (lol) i see that you have GREAT talent.. And I think If Nintendo dosent make this into an official game (with some changes); They dont know how well this Generation can go.... Oh, and They were (nintendo) gonna stop making pkmn games after the FRED and LGREEN; but hey, they changed their mind... Oh well, GOOD LUK WITH THIS .ROM!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
same here man. You should make a trailer of this ;D

A trailer? Why should I? The next beta is coming soon (estimated at next month). Besides, I'll start posting screenshots again even sooner.

As long as I can get some free time, as I always end up saying...

Thanks for your confidence!

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Speaking of Olivine City, What about the Whirlpools between Cianwood city and Olivine City. Whirlpool has been stopped as a HM since Ruby version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back