• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What I started working on (MySQL GTS)

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Hey everyone, so the other day I had a discussion with Maruno about mysql. Since we found out that Berka's script was broken I decided to work on communication between RMXP, and mysql through php. Thanks to ho-oh 12 for leaving some hints on how to do the connections (through sockets) I decided to make a GTS system from the ground up. Yesterday I managed to make communication between the game, and the database, it was able to store any information I needed. I want to make a more cleaner version of it, while leaving some examples in case someone wants to edit it in the future. Here is a picture to show the field. A pro to having the communication to php:

-If your game was decrypted, your database information wont be divulged, unless the hacker can hack the host itself. Since the information is run though the php file, all it does is send data back and forth when needed. If berka's method was being used, someone can be able to hack into your database and take anything they need.

Spoiler:

I also want to create an online ID for each user, but I might just do the same for want I did in the id field where it auto increments, so if you see people with an online id of one don't be jealous. ;) Or as a thought I was thinking of people inserting an online username instead of an id.

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Sorry to say this, if you decrypt the game it's still easy to hack the server as of you can do queries through the decrypted game.

I realized it as I was coding, but at least it would not blatantly show your info.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It would be awesome if you would make that :) it will help much.

Back