• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
Whether or not the Champion uses a fairy type, will probably depend on how good that type turns out to be. It might be new, and shiny, but I read it off automatically as a type that might not be too dominating in terms of power. It might be like bug types, not often used, but they can be good if you raise them right. I'm just guessing, though.

It would be neat to see the Champion use fairy Pokemon, but regardless, I think they'll still have one or two Dragon types.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
heres some thing to think about

with this new fairy typ coming into play i wonder if the final elite 4/champion will still be using dragon typ poke in x and y, cause 2 the best of my knowledge the champion as always used dragon typ
Gen 1 Champion was mixed team (Blue). Gen 2 was part Dragon (Lance)((Part Dragon because 3/5 were dragons and the other two were dragon like, but not dragons)), Gen 3 was Steel/Rock themed (Steven who specializes in Steel types but always has fossils on his team.) and Water (Wallace). Gen 4 was mixed (Cynthia), then Gen 5 had a Bug Mixed (Three of Alder's Pokemon were Bug and the other three weren't. Iris had a Dragon Mix with 3 being Dragon adn 3 being "Dragon like, like Lance's team).

Really we've never had any main themed Dragon Champions. They had Dragons on their team but even the two with Dragon theme'd, there haven't been a full team of Dragons...Only half of their teams were.

Honestly?

It wouldn't surprise me if the new Champion were to use something like fairy-type, if that's what you're trying to say. But just because fairy-types exist, doesn't mean that the usage of dragon-type Pokemon is going to plummet spontaneously. In-game, I can imagine a dragon-type gym leader or so, or perhaps a dragon-type elite four member if possible, and then fairy-type could be the last elite four member/the champion.

It could go either way, really. I personally wouldn't mind, seeing as we haven't had true dragon-type champion since Lance (Gen 3 had Drake, Cynthia only really used Garchomp and Iris just used Hydreigon?).

Iris had three Dragons on her team, Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Druddigon. Her signature was Haxorus (since its the highest level).

I can see Fairy as a Gym more than E4 at the moment. I see the Champion being mixed or something we won't expect. Like if Fairy is weak to poison then maybe Poison could be the champion. Or they may do water again since its a beauty theme. Since there is a part that makes me think that fire is an E4 member I can't say that Fire will be champion.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I could see Fairy going either way as far as Gym type or an Elite Four/Champion type. I'm kind of doubting it being the Champion's type honestly, just because (as Xander has stated) the Champions don't generally have a full team of one type (Generally a mixture of types or a monotype with Pokémon that look like that type as well, with Wallace being the exception). As an Elite Four member or a Gym Leader I expect to see Fairy type present. If anything, when Steel and Dark were introduced they were thrown into both a Gym (Jasmine) and an Elite Four member (Jasmine). With the release of it they're definitely going to want to highlight it somehow.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Eh. Whilst I agree that this is a totally different generation, I don't really see water as being the champion's type or anything like that. I mean, it's been done once in R/S/E and....I dunno, I'd rather something more exciting, actually. I kind of miss the champion having types, I feel it makes them more challenging (see: Lance, even though dragons are ice weak, he was still a pretty decent challenger).

I only say Water because Water, and Ice for that matter, are usually things of beauty. Since the overall theme for Kalos is supposed to be beauty, those two seem most plausible. Fire would have been up there but there was that part in the video of the fire pillars which looked like an E4 room entry.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Twilight Sky: Correction only Emerald has had water as a champion type as Ruby and Sapphire had Steven who specializes in mainly Steel.

I think that Grass could be a champion type as they could go the whole garden route with it, though if that place with vines is a gym the chances drop, though Hoenn in Emerald did have both a water gym and Champion with water types, and so did Johto and Unova only with the dragon type instead in Gold,Silver, Crystal, and their remakes, and in Black 2 and White 2 respectively. In both Gen 2 and Emerald it was the eighth gym and Black 2 and White 2 the champ shared her speciality with the former 8th gym leader of that set's prequels (Drayden or herself depending on the version).

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
@Magmaruby and Aquasapphire: i highly doubt grass champion, i mean that tema would be taken out very easy, as there really isnt any good offence grass pokes

id love to c to grass typs become more dominat in x and y, cause all the games up to now really havent done any favors for grass pokes, i mean grass pokes over all r general one of most under used and not need needed typs in the games and to the best of my knowlege there r only about 3 or 4 grass pokes in the ou teir, i know there parasect(but thats only on rain dance team), sawbuck, ferrothron and i think maybe shaymin and celebie

as far as Honedge gos for stats, id say it gonna have good defence(as most steel typs do have), not sure about specail def and may good specail attack, as most gosht typ do genneraly have good special attack
Honedge stats:
hp: mid
att: low-mid
def: mid-high
spe att: mid-high
spe def: mid
speed: low-mid

Last edited:

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
that would be nice, but gf as kinda been on a thread for making grass pokes more of semi-def/stall stlye

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@above: Lilligant, Venusaur, Victrebell, and Breloom would like to have a word with you c;

From the screenshots we've seen, it definitely looks like we're going to have a Grass gym, so hopefully we'll get some awesome new Grass types to fool around with! Gen V itself didn't really give us many "good" Grass types, it more so buffed up the ones we previously had (with a few exceptions). Hopefully this Generation we will get some new good ones!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
@Jake I belief the gym you mean is confirmed to be the Bug-Type Gym.

If there would be more Grass/Rock and Grass/Water Pokemon introduced this Gen, a lot more usefull Grass types will be used in the metagame. And a Grass/Fire is also cool imo.

Years
Hopefully Ice will also receive a bump up this generation as that type along with Poison and the already mention Grass type seem to get the short end of the stick...

blue

gucci
Years
Idk if this has already been discussed since I've been away for the last two weeks buuut apparently, this is the official X and Y Trainer battle music.

Nothing has been confirmed but I'm hoping this is true, it sounds pretty awesome! ;;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hopefully Ice will also receive a bump up this generation as that type along with Poison and the already mention Grass type seem to get the short end of the stick...

Already a rumor about Ice having a new weakness, so I don't see it getting a boost with a highly supported lowering.

A new Ghost/Steel type would be pretty cool!
And they have one! Honedge!
Though I'm thinking a ground/flying could be cool!

There are 3 Ground/Flying types. More would be ok, but three exist now~

Years
Idk if this has already been discussed since I've been away for the last two weeks buuut apparently, this is the official X and Y Trainer battle music.

Nothing has been confirmed but I'm hoping this is true, it sounds pretty awesome! ;;
That brought back nostalgia...as it sort of reminds me of Hoenn's music...

I'll wait for them to confirm that rumor about Fairy being strong against Ice, especially since it kind of counters GF's goal to create some balance amongst the types.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
i must admite i really like some some fan expections of pokes that they may make and the one im really hoping for is the torkal evoltion into a fire/water mon, i think it would be cool if it did come true, though i must admite i have never really been thrilled with pre-evo of pokes coming out later then their evoled form

Years
3 days (as Japan is having a holiday on my birthday on the 15th of July (Marine day this year) so it's coming out in Japan on the 13th) until Corocoro comes out, hopefully it'll have some more info on the Fairy type to dispel the rumors or confirm them. Maybe it'll even leak tomorrow...

Years
3 days (as Japan is having a holiday on my birthday on the 15th of July (Marine day this year) so it's coming out in Japan on the 13th) until Corocoro comes out, hopefully it'll have some more info on the Fairy type to dispel the rumors or confirm them. Maybe it'll even leak tomorrow...

I'm hoping the next CoroCoro will reveal the full weaknesses and resistances for the Fairy-type, it could further help how we think it will affect competitive play. I'm still thinking it may be weak to Steel and Poison, but hopefully they reveal what other advantages it has besides Dragon.

Years
I'm hoping the next CoroCoro will reveal the full weaknesses and resistances for the Fairy-type, it could further help how we think it will affect competitive play. I'm still thinking it may be weak to Steel and Poison, but hopefully they reveal what other advantages it has besides Dragon.
Here's an interesting thought, what if it takes 1x damage from all types but dragon which it's resistant against, and super effective against. That'll make it into a sort of reverse Normal type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back