• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I am speechless.

It has finished. 2 - 2, Torres scoring in the last 2 minutes, completely unchallenged as every barca player was up front.

Did not see that coming.​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
1: Tell all your men to defend after you've got a 2-0 in 15 minutes.
2: Concede a stupid penalty regardless
3: Get to the shootout because you can't score again
4: Make Sergio Ramos kick a penalty before people like Higuaín or Granero
5: ???
6: Profit! For Bayern anyway.

Ivysaur

Years
futbol-galaxia.gif

I hope Bayern win the final, they are the only team left who actually try to play football.

Years
BAHAHAHA! I love the amount of pictures and .gifs that are already around.

Funny thing is, most of the good players from both teams are suspended! XD​

Ivysaur

Years
And we are on for a brotherly EL final between Atlético Madrid and Athletic Bilbao. Should be very fun to watch- and, if Chelsea don't win the CL final, Spain will end the season ahead of England in the UEFA ranking, quite an event.

Also, Guardiola quits from Barça. He'll probably take a sabbatical before considering his future, he's really burnt out. I wonder who will replace him now.

Years
FINALLY SOMEONE POSTED.

He has actually quit? Wow. He is a great manager but I am sure the pressure got to him.

Also, that match last night was amazing to watch. The last three days of football have been so amazing! :D
Looking forward to both finals.​

Ivysaur

Years
Barça's new coach will be Tito Vilanova, Pep's assistant, the guy whose eye Mourinho gouged.

Pep has left in the worst moment of his career, but he still has a Cup final to play next month, it would be the best way for him to say goodbye.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
If anyone was watching Liverpool dominate today. OMG.
Also, I'm not sure if anyone follows the English Football/Premiership but yeah, Chelsea v Liverpool for the FA Cup.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Liverpool did indeed dominate but next to some of the other stuff in the Premier League that happened yesterday, it wasn't really that interesting. I don't know if anyone watched the Wigan v Newcastle or Swansea v Wolves games, but I caught up with them on Match Of The Day and holy **** they were both incredible. Wigan is clearly the best team in the world.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone follows the English Football/Premiership but yeah, Chelsea v Liverpool for the FA Cup.

Most of the football discussion here is English, haha. As much as I really hate to say it, I can't help but think that it's Chelsea's title.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Years
Liverpool did indeed dominate but next to some of the other stuff in the Premier League that happened yesterday, it wasn't really that interesting. I don't know if anyone watched the Wigan v Newcastle or Swansea v Wolves games, but I caught up with them on Match Of The Day and holy **** they were both incredible. Wigan is clearly the best team in the world.

Most of the football discussion here is English, haha. As much as I really hate to say it, I can't help but think that it's Chelsea's title.

GO GO LIVERPOOL! And then if Bayern could lend us a hand as well I'd be so happy :D
(If Chelsea don't win the CL final, btw, Spain will climb to 1st in the UEFA country rankings. Just putting that out there).

Nihilego

Years
GO GO LIVERPOOL! And then if Bayern could lend us a hand as well I'd be so happy :D

I AM NOW A TEMPORARY LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER.

And I'm sure they will. Chelsea managed to get half their team sent off against Barcelona and Bayern are a hands down much better team. I just hope Chelsea don't bring out the bus. ~_~

(If Chelsea don't win the CL final, btw, Spain will climb to 1st in the UEFA country rankings. Just putting that out there).
...****.

Although tbh I'm... ok with that I guess. It is a very serious matter to me that Chelsea do not win the CL! In part because, if they do, then only the top three teams in the PL can progress to the CL. And in part because they're Chelsea.

Ducklighter

Years

I AM NOW A TEMPORARY LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER.

And I'm sure they will. Chelsea managed to get half their team sent off against Barcelona and Bayern are a hands down much better team. I just hope Chelsea don't bring out the bus. ~_~

...****.

Chelsea definitely have a great team and knowing them, they'll pull out all the stops to make sure their formation will dominate but Liverpool have always had a knack for pulling it out of the bag in the more important games. I'm definitely rooting for Liverpool in this one but I kind of subconsciously told myself that I wouldn't be upset if Chelsea do end up winning. (which means i'll be pissed off and getting drunk.)

We need Suarez to do what he did with Norwich again.

Nihilego

Years
Yeah tbqh I think most people who don't support Chelsea will be rooting for Liverpool, haha. They seem to be a very love/hate team if you know what I mean. Not holding up too much hope BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS DREAM.

Speaking of Suarez his goal from just past the halfway line yesterday was incredible.

Ducklighter

Years
Yeah tbqh I think most people who don't support Chelsea will be rooting for Liverpool, haha. They seem to be a very love/hate team if you know what I mean. Not holding up too much hope BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS DREAM.

Speaking of Suarez his goal from just past the halfway line yesterday was incredible.

They're one of those teams that piss you off because they have great players and the cash to buy more. XD

Oh, I went nuts when he did that because if that failed, I would've been cussing and blinding but it was a bold move that panned. It was the best ever hat-tricks i've been. I mean those two goals previous were great but that last one was just beyond epic.

Nihilego

Years
They're one of those teams that piss you off because they have great players and the cash to buy more. XD

This is more or less what I hate about Man City, and why I want Man Utd to win the title so much. Their game on Monday should be very interesting.

Oh, I went nuts when he did that because if that failed, I would've been cussing and blinding but it was a bold move that panned. It was the best ever hat-tricks i've been. I mean those two goals previous were great but that last one was just beyond epic.

My team needs a bit of that magic now haha.

Ducklighter

Years

This is more or less what I hate about Man City, and why I want Man Utd to win the title so much. Their game on Monday should be very interesting.

My team needs a bit of that magic now haha.

I dislike Man City for the same reason and I had an issue with Man Utd about the same thing in previous transfer windows but they've seemed to calm down on the big spending.

I might've missed it but who do you support?

Nihilego

Years
Yeah I mean on the whole "throwing money at the team" front, Man Utd are still somewhat guilty, but for the most part they seem a legitimately strong team who worked hard to get to where they are and are simply good. Then again a lot of teams throw money around. City just have a big bank account and nothing much else though.

Uh I don't think I said it actually so without digging through the thread you wouldn't have been able to tell, lol. I support THFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back