• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
You could use the movesprite command, but that will only work for teleporting the player and/or an npc to another location on the map you are currently on.

Hm, that would work actually. I can just expand the map, add another section that is unviewable from the first one, and use movesprite...I didn't even know that command worked on the player (Since hidesprite doesn't really), but thanks!

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
How can I change the HP Bar in battle?​

proyecto.png

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I'm trying to set more than one level script for a map to activate at separte times. I have done this before, but for some reason it's not working for me now. Both script types are 02, so the standard level script.

One uses and sets var 0x5000 to 0x1, and that one activates. Afterwards, it warps you to the same map, and the second level script is supposed to activate, which is set to activate when 5000 is 1. However, this second one won't activate, and I don't know why...

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Yeah, But what are the directions?

You export the image (in black and white) and the .raw
Then you edit the image/insert your own into UNLZ
Then you change the tilemap to fit your image, often done in NTME
Finally you change the palette!

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
You export the image (in black and white) and the .raw
Then you edit the image/insert your own into UNLZ
Then you change the tilemap to fit your image, often done in NTME
Finally you change the palette!

I can't find the palette in APE? Do yo know the direction?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I have a really big problem that prevent me from hacking my game. I can't have it fixed X_x
Spoiler:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I can't find the palette in APE? Do yo know the direction?

There is a tutorial in the tutorial section by someone named Blitz, it's called 'How to palette edit anything'. Or something along those lines, using the method he used in the tutorial you can find the offsets for the HP boxes. They DO range in between 3 palettes I believe. It's been a while since I last did anything of that nature. I would get you a link, but I'm lazy :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
First of all, Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester won't help you a bit in changing "battle sprites" in R/B/Y. Those sprites are compressed meaning there is a code for fitting the image in smaller size than it would be as uncompressed image (type of an image that could be edited easily with Tile Layer Pro for instance).

There is a tool for inserting the battle sprites of that girl and replacing them with the original boy's sprites however. Go to Skeetendo Inc. (through that link in my signature) and try to find help threads that would suit your needs there. Problems similar to this one have been discussed there already.

Miksy,
I'm an ordinary girl, who accidentally found these sprites and thought, that would be nice to put them in game.
But, as I write before, don't know ANYTHING about rom editing, I decided to ask the PokéCommunity users if they could do it on my request.
Change a few sprites for many of them, creators advanced hacks, should not be a big problem.
For me, it is - with tutorial too ^^'

I had no idea about existence Skeetendo.
I create an account and ask for the same.
Maybe a get help there.

Thank you~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
fire red held item

after a week of searching and trying to figure it out myself i see that i am definitely stuck.

pokemon fire red->How can i change the item held by the pokemon of trainers already in game?

i have everything else i need to do for my game figured out but this part, i want to theme the acquirement of valuable items on using the ability theif.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
after a week of searching and trying to figure it out myself i see that i am definitely stuck.

pokemon fire red->How can i change the item held by the pokemon of trainers already in game?

i have everything else i need to do for my game figured out but this part, i want to theme the acquirement of valuable items on using the ability theif.

You can change held items on Advance Trainer. I don't think thief actually steals permanently though.

Years
Errr... I don't think you can or should for that matter. PKSV has a built in script generator if you want.

UNLZ, the same way you did the background.
I meant like scripts people have made and uploaded I know foullump did but he used megaupload which doesn't work anymore

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
PPRE - Project Pokemon ROM Editor Help

Im using PPRE to edit some new pokemon into Platinum. The only thing I can't seem to change is the pokemon's name. I'll delete the old name, type in a new name and hit save, but it doesn't change at all. I'm using PPRE14 Beta I believe. Any help would be appreciated.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I meant like scripts people have made and uploaded I know foullump did but he used megaupload which doesn't work anymore

He made tutorials didn't he? I'm not sure what you mean by 'scripts', or atleast I think that we're referring to different things.

Years
He made tutorials didn't he? I'm not sure what you mean by 'scripts', or atleast I think that we're referring to different things.
in the description section of some of his youtube videos he put links to scripts that weren't compiled yet they were still text files like his examples in his tutorials

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
in the description section of some of his youtube videos he put links to scripts that weren't compiled yet they were still text files like his examples in his tutorials

Could you perhaps tell me what you're going to use these scripts for? It may help me help you because I don't think anyone really does that and maybe I can find a solution for you by other means.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Is there a way to increase the ammount of available moves a POKEMON can have in YAPE? I want bulbasaur to be able to learn more then 13 moves but YAPE won't let me change that ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back