• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Draconia School of Mythology [Registration] V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
((Ooc: I hope there're still spots left. I did a bit of background history for the Pixies because this is my version of what went on. I hope this is okay.))

Human:
Name: Cerulea (Lee) Procella
Species: Pixie
Element: Poison
House: Orochi
Description: Skinny to the point of being bony, along with being short enough to be mistaken for a diminutive twelve-year-old, Lia gives the impression of something quite frail. However, this is only because of the Pixies' odd metabolism, which allowed the slight cords of muscles to wield surprising strength. Her hair is always loosely tied up, wisps of cerulean, after which she was named, floating by her face. Although they were the shade of those storm clouds that were so dark they were almost black, the ones that tornadoes stemmed from, her eyes were always expressing some form of passionate emotion, whether that be anger, pain or joy. Her ears were sharply pointed at the ends, and she also grew two, long, pointed teeth on her upper jaws where her canines would be. Her naturally light skin had a hint of a tan, although they bore plenty of healing scratches, and one or two faint scars.

While she wasn't a morbid person by any means, Lea preferred wearing darker colours. Her tight, short sleeved shirt was an inky-blue and usually worn with a black, pleated skirt that stopped just above her knees. Burgundy trainers were always worn, threaded through with black laces. The gloves she wore, however, were a pale azure, and her single piece of jewellery, a single studded earring, matched that colour. The four, dragonfly wings that protruded from her back were transparent, although they held a blue-green tint.

Personality: Sometimes, Lea acted much like a child, eager and excited over the simplest things. She was always lively, and even when she was sulking, she would sing along with a child's nursery rhyme and fiddle with anything that caught her fleeting interest. She could talk your ear off, or until you wished you were deaf, the subject flitting so far away from the original, that you'll wonder how trolls were connected to homework. She disliked being mushy and deep with anybody, and despised needing to ask for help. Her pride wouldn't allow for her to lean on anyone for support, and she would rather push herself past her limit to finish the job with her own two hands and stand on her own two feet before collapsing, than admit she couldn't do it. Her stubbornness also helped with preventing her from becoming known as somebody that needed help for every little thing, even if she was on the verge of death.

However, although she usually didn't make the first move, Lea was really quite friendly, and never hesitated to help somebody else, if they asked for it. She didn't butt in on other people's conflicts except to warn them of any approaching teachers or unless one of her friends, who was in the conflict themselves, wanted her to butt in. Of course, if she witnessed a bullying, she wouldn't stand and watch like some kind of gaping idiot, but she was not dumb enough to idiotically jump in and get pummelled herself. No, she'd just point the way for the authorities so they could arrive on the scene.

When she wanted to be, the Pixie was also very cunning and sly. She was slightly sadistic towards humans, and the world beyond that of mythical creatures because of the knowledge she held of the cruelty most of them emitted, not caring about anybody other than their own individual selves. They destroyed the lands, bombing their own species out of existence and slaying all creatures, seen and unseen, from the surrounding area. They waste, they take, they steal, they cheat, and they leave nothing alive.

History: Half a century ago, a treaty that wasn't recorded in human history took place, the Elders deciding that not all humans were evil, but that most had consciences. The species revealed themselves to a man that stated he was in charge, and brought along his "friends" so that he wouldn't be called a madman. These friends he brought along proceeded to slay most of those that had gathered; the magic of the peaceful community was almost useless against them. The story states that the soldiers captured the ones that were left alive before torturing and dissecting them to try and find their secrets. The remaining Pixies, made of the elderly, the injured, mothers and their children, found that they were now an endangered species. They taught their children to despise humans, and to fight, using their magic as both defensive and offensive weapons.

Lea was taught from the very moment she was born to blame the humans for their predicament and to never trust the monsters again. The Pixies had stolen solid weapons from the humans as well, learning how to use them. Lea held daggers in the watchful eye of her parents before she could walk. Her childhood revolved around her people and their hate of humans, before being drafted into the school when they found that she had been bonded to a dragon at birth. She found that the Elders were right; not all humans were bad – just the grown, powerful ones.

Pixies are one of the few cultures that still use Latin.

(Will edit)

Weapon: Daggers for close combat, and archery (bow and arrow).
Other: We'll see.

Dragon:
Name: Venenifer (Vener)
Description: Vener's hide was the same shade of blue as his partner's hair. He preferred standing on his two hind legs, but for movement, he was forced to drop down to all four talons. Unlike most of the dragons seen on children's storybook covers, Vener was really quite slender, and above his large snout, several whiskers sprouted from his face. His large, round eyes were a golden whisky colour, topped by two large, triangular ears. Filmy, bony wings, fashioned like those of a bat's, were spread wide during flight, or used to help keep the dragon warm during the cold nights when the temperature dropped and his cold blood couldn't otherwise be regulated enough for him to have to wake up in the night. His wings soaked and stored the heat for the day, and spread the warmth through his body at night. Of course, his tail was long, and the tip was sharp, and dripped an undetectable poison that worked so slowly, all traces of it would've disappeared from the body long before any discomfort registered.

Personality: Vener and Lea bickered so much that most people felt they really hated each other. The truth was, they cared for one another deeply, and since both of them didn't like delving deep, that was how they showed it. Vener liked to sunbathe, as most cold-blooded creatures do, and snatched a bit of sunshine whenever he could. He was a really laid back character, interested in what was going on around him and amused at the reaction others have towards something that he deemed simple. He never attempted to voluntarily join in on whatever was going around him, but stored information away for future purposes. Vener was really quite wise, although his slightly playful, relaxed and rather patient, though stubborn, nature undermined whatever he said and caused people to disregard his advice.

Other: (Anything else)

----

Human:
Name: Caradoc (Radoc) Emiliano
Species: Half Siren/Elf (Click here to check Sirens)

Radoc's mother, Ligeia, whom was also a siren, lived out a lonesome life on the island, drawing sailors to their death by starvation to try and cure it. She didn't know it was wrong, and the sailors all claimed that they would rather die before they left the Sirens' presence, but she felt guilty about her actions nonetheless. She fell in love with one of the sailors who had, at first, tried to fight. Her sisters cursed her as she left, bringing the Elvin sailor with her, breaking the enchantment, as her great control over her voice allowed her to do. They had a son, which was a surprise to Ligeia, since all other Sirens were women.

Element: Water
House: Coca

Description: Radoc's upper body held the promise of becoming well defined, and his skin sun-tanned from plenty of outdoor work. His tawny locks fell down to his shoulders, covering his slightly pointed ears and framing his smooth, strong jaw. Soft and warm, his golden eyes and ever-present smile spoke volumes of who he really was. Aloud, his voice was deep, melodic and entrancing, thanks to his siren mother, and worked to mesmerise weak-minded females (and possibly some males) and to urge most of the strong-willed ones to listen and obey.

His outfit for physical labour entailed of an unbuttoned, white shirt and old, rather dirty breeches sometimes accompanied with sandals. This was assuming the labour was aboard a sailing boat at the time. For any other forms of labour, he may don a dark jacket or different shoes to suit the occasion. Away from these activities and indoors, he switched into loose, black trousers and a comfortable shirt of any colour, top button undone.

He had a single, golden earring hooped through his left ear, a shark's fang hanging from it. A leather watch was strapped to his left wrist which, amazingly, was still intact after years of service, although it had run out of battery a long time ago.

Personality: Radoc was really a rather gentle soul. Around females, he was rather quiet, but charming with ready smiles and a curious attentiveness to everything they say. He was not shy at all, but refused to inadvertently cause them to become entranced with him. Because of his unwillingness to speak, however, he hasn't been in a stable relationship as of yet, although he doesn't mind in the slightest.

Around others, however, he was a laid-back character, easily laughing and cracking jokes. Sometimes, he tended to monopolise the conversation without realising it, and would instantly fall quiet and attentive when this was pointed out to him, although soon enough, he'd be drawn into the conversation again.

He was only irritated if anybody accused him of laziness and not pulling his weight, for he worked hard without complaining, and so this work sometimes went unnoticed by those who wailed loudly about it. He was prone to blow up slightly at somebody for a possibly innocent mark, and then instantly regret what he said. Usually, if the other person didn't mean it, he would show up and apologise, grovelling where he had to, to get the point across.

In a confrontation of other sorts, Radoc acted somewhat naïve. He always tried to see where the other was coming from and to sort things out without violence. Even if a friend was being teased, he would hesitate a moment and try to consider a correct course of action before finding himself stepping in and telling the bullies off in a rash gesture. However, if it was an argument between two friends, he would try to explain, afterwards, to each of them where he thought the other was coming from, although sometimes, he was slightly off on their motives.

History: He was raised in a seaside village, brought up in an old-fashioned way. Often, he fished with his father on a small, rowing boat and learnt of the importance and dangers of tide and wind when he was younger. There were a few longer, pointless voyages with his father in a larger boat that couldn't quite be called a ship, where he learnt to steer, and was taught the theory of how to manoeuvre the sails to harness the wind. His mother did not wish for him to go on too many of these longer voyages, worrying about the dangers of which she knew full well; her sisters not being the least of these worries, and once or twice, an argument erupted between his parents since she refused to use her Voice on either of them. Remembering this afterwards, as always, his father would go back and apologise before discussing it with her.

When he was eight and on his first voyage as a spectator, an incredible thing happened to him; he found his bonded dragon. As a curious, energetic child, he had leaned over many of the rails and watched the white foam that spread out from the ship. Green fins suddenly broke the surface for a moment, and Radoc had shouted madly, pointing so that he fell over into the water. He knew how to swim, but he could never have caught up with the boat if it were not for something that dragged him there and pushed him back up.

Weapon: Uh… a bottle of water and, in some cases, his Voice.

Other: Radoc cannot stop using his Voice, unlike his mother, for several reasons. Firstly, as for any Siren, he has not had enough practice, nor controls it well. Secondly, as he was not a full Siren, control was hard to come by, and tenuous.

Dragon:
Name: Pellegia (Pel)

Description: Ordinarily, Pel's streamlined body was approximately the length of a small cargo ship. Her smooth scales gleamed white, although some scales shone rainbow if placed in exactly the right angle under the sun; and others, silver under the moon. Long, flexible spine grew regularly from the top of her head between her fin-like ears to the tip of her sharp tail. Between these small spikes, sea-green, slightly transparent webbing hung, similar to, and yet entirely different from, the triangular scales usually seen on a dragon's back.

Her snout was pointed, giving way to a streamlined body, and her eyes, which always looked to be fierce because of their narrow, triangular shape, were an opaque green.

Five long, rather thick spines, wrapped in the same green webbing as her other ones, jutted majestically out of her sides, just behind her shoulders. Her four, powerful limbs ended in what would have been claws if it were not for that same, pesky webbing, which made walking on rough surfaces a pain.

Personality: Loud, opinionative and sometimes abruptly rude, Pellegia disliked people more readily than she got to like them. She judged people by outer appearances, which annoyed quite a few, and always practically accused somebody of an action against her to their faces even if nobody was sure it was really them who did it. Quite a rash dragon, she also stuck to her opinions stubbornly, even if she knew, somewhere in the back of her mind, that she was wrong. She was at her worst when she was haughty or sarcastic, bringing a lethal bite to her words. Oddly enough, she used longer words more regularly when in one of these moods.

However, those that have somehow or another gained her grudging approval will find the dragon fussing over them like a hassled mother. And since she clung to her beliefs so strongly, she would not abruptly dislike a person just because of outside persuasion or several instances where they showed an unfavourable personality. These beings would be the first to know if anything bad was being said behind their backs, and by whom, if she caught even a hint of it. She would even tell those close to her instantly if she found something wanting in their attitude with brutal honesty, for she didn't lie to others, and seldom to herself. However, her kind of honesty was not appreciated in the majority of society, even the ones which knew about mythical beings, and her few friends either put up with it hesitantly or, very rarely, with satisfaction.

With the right people, however, Pel knew how to have fun and joke every now and then. In fact, if Pel became quiet and submissive, most would ask her in concerned tones whether something was wrong, because Pel was never quiet; even in her sleep she alternated between mumbling to herself and snoring.

Other: (Anything else)

Last edited:

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
My Sign Up:

Name: Solana Barkington
Species: Human
Element: Air
House: Fafnir
Description:
Personality:
History:
Weapon:

Dragon:
Name: Cobalt
Description:
CAT_1490.GIF

Personality:
Other:

I'll Edit Everything I Didn't Do Later...

And Dont Ask Why I Made It Big... I Wanted To... O.o :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2009
I've been gone for like three days and this hasn't started. I figured I'd have to play catch up; I guess I'm in the clear. I can't tell if it's luck or not. Anyway, I can't wait to start.

Years
Sweet Dreams: Accepted
Rena: Reserved
Sandsalsh 10: Reserved

Okay, sorry about the HUGE delay guys. I haven't really been hom and I've just been checking up on things and not posting because I've basically been in work from 10-5 and then not getting home until about 10 because of RL and then I'm zonked. This is the first day off I have had in a while (and tomorrow) so I'll be posting this either tonight or tomorrow morning.

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
Years
sweet! can't wait shadow. But, just to be clear, Ka-to and Teishu were accepted, right?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
blehhh figures it starts as soon as i have to leave! Its been so long that i need to re-read my char bio but i'll have a post up before the night is finish i'm pretty sure

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Signup Sheet

Name: Xelkan Aldura

Nickname: Kain or Xel

Species: Human-Elf (Never call him a halfling!!)

Element
: Dark

House: Fafnir

Description: Xelkan is of average height, about 5'9" with short incredibly black hair, it is so black that any who see it can detect the faintest of violet hues deeply embedded. His skin has a healthy copper coloring as a result of spending most of his life out-of-doors. His eyes are a pale blue, which are covered by thick lashes which many consider womanly, though of course Xelkan beats any who suggest this to him while in his presence. Xelkan is not very muscular, though he does have much more strength within him than one would expect. On his left arm one will find a long scar running down the entirety of it, a result of a mishap many years ago which he will not speak of.

Personality: Xelkan isn't a great socializer, he spends most of his time practicing either his combat skills or academic skills, which he puts before other people. He may seem like a cold person, but in truth he just considers all options before taking an action, and if one gets to know him, they will see that he is a loyal friend. Xelkan also has a great sense of honor, perhaps to great at times, if he feels like his or a loved one's honor has been slighted, he will not hesitate in enacting revenge, it has been joked that Xelkan was born in the wrong century...

History: Xelkan was actually born in England, far from Draconia School, his parents were Sennan and Anna Aldura. His father was an elf with about 1 eighths human blood in his veins, while his mother was a full elf. His father was himself a student at Draconia, while his mother a student at Griffinia, now the two traveled the world doing nothing more than see what they could. While in England Anna discovered she was pregnant, and the two settled in London, finally taking 'real' jobs, to support their new child.

When Xelkan was born he was named for his fathers human ancestor, Xelkan Durama, a teacher at Draconia in his time. Soon after Xelkan was born he was bonded to a dragon which didn't make an appearance. After 14 years raised as a normal boy his dragon, Enturia, made his first appearance. Quite startled, the boy ran to his parents, who were overjoyed at this, and taught him the basics of his bond for the next year and a half, until he received the letter admitting him to Draconia.

Weapon:

Gloves: They don't need another name, that's what they are. They were designed hundreds of years ago by elves, and were simply gloves which control blades which come out of each finger, and from above the wrist. They are quite heavy to wear, and it is difficult to control the blades, which he is still learning.

Blade: Another simple name, it is just a plain blade which he wears at his left side, he uses it when he isn't wearing his gloves or he needs to be quick.

Other: He doesn't care for the name halfling because he is not half human, and it doesn't truly describe what he is, he calls himself Kain and expects others to too. Also; he hates others calling him Xer because that is 'reserved for his mother', he says.

Dragon:
Name: Enturia

Description:
11903Black.jpg

Personality: Enturia is smug, and believes himself the superior dragon, when he is in his miniaturized state, he rides on Xelkan's shoulder and keeps his head high, trying to look down on others. Though perhaps this comes about because of his appearance, many have called him the 'noble dragon', and this does nothing but increase his ego. He and Xelkan fight frequently due to his egotistical behaviour, and because they are still not quite familiar with each other yet.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Okay, Shadow, I've got a second character up. I wanna see if he's in, and I also wanted to say that he can make a pretty late entrance, because I've got a reason.

You can PM me to find out.

Years
Yuoa: Accepted
Sweet Dreams: All good

Well, its a bit sad to see that out of the many people that joined only a half of them have actually posted and the thread has pretty much died. I'm hoping to revive it because its not even had a chance to start, but thats not just up to me.

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
Years
Hey! I want it to survive! This is Ka-to's only living persona here on PC T.T

Believe it or not, he has a very nasty temper when he's full out ignored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back