• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Years
What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.

I wouldn't be surprised if one (likely Black/Hilbert) or both has a similar role as Red did in G/S/C/HG/SS, since those basically were to R/G/B/Y/FR/LG as B2/W2 are to B/W. It's all made more plausible since Cheren has been promoted to a gym leader, just like Blue was in G/S/C/HG/SS (and both took over an existing gym, not to mention).

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
It's Emboar not Pignite
And I think every voice fits well for the Pokemon, I mean they all sound very intimidating, and considering these are monsters you use to fight with, that's definately a good thing.

Not the Emboar from the trailer, it sounded great, as did all the Pokemon! I was talking about a Pignite from the actual anime series. (I think Bianca used it against Ash in a battle in one episode.) That's the one I felt was a little off. But all of the trailer Pokemon were awesome!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Did you guys notice the Zekrom/Reshiram shadow passing over N when it zooms out? Cool.
You totally looked at my signature :p

But yeah, I noticed that. At first I thought it was Zekrom but then you never know since, he had Zekrom in Black but Reshiram in White. I love the way N appears in the beginning of the trailer though, oh my gosh. n__n

Cid

Years
You totally looked at my signature :p

But yeah, I noticed that. At first I thought it was Zekrom but then you never know since, he had Zekrom in Black but Reshiram in White. I love the way N appears in the beginning of the trailer though, oh my gosh. n__n
It's interesting how it can actually be either of the two version mascots.

I wonder what this means for the games. Will N be reappearing with Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2, to show them as sequels? Wouldn't that be odd if Black Kyurem who is based on Zekrom will appear in the former as well? And of course, White Kyurem in the other. Although maybe the Kyurem formes can actually fly (as unbelievable as it seems to me) and that shadow in the animated promo is one of Kyurem's formes instead. Hmm.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's interesting how it can actually be either of the two version mascots.

I wonder what this means for the games. Will N be reappearing with Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2, to show them as sequels? Wouldn't that be odd if Black Kyurem who is based on Zekrom will appear in the former as well? And of course, White Kyurem in the other. Although maybe the Kyurem formes can actually fly (as unbelievable as it seems to me) and that shadow in the animated promo is one of Kyurem's formes instead. Hmm.

But can't the original Kyurem fly as well? (it learns the Fly HM despite having wonky wings)

Anyway, back on topic: At the start of the trailer with N in it, I've always wondered what that shadow below him was. It didn't look anything like Reshiram or Zekrom, but after seeing the above posts, I got to agree that the shadow does look like one of Kyurem's formes.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is Skyla in Black 2/White 2? I don't think she is. Someone replaced her, didn't they?:cer_confused:

None of us know yet. :(

@ others: Hmm no, I think the shadow is actually Zekrom, Black Kyurem seems shaped differently. Can't reallyyy explain but from what I recall of Black Kyurem, Zekrom seems longer/wider?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I don't think it's one of the Kyurem formes just because back in Black and White N captured Reshiram/Zekrom. He never released it, and after two years perhaps he kept it. So I think the shadow would be Reshiram or Zekrom, and it wouldn't really matter which since it would depend on the game you have.

Plus it would make sense for it to fly overhead N.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
I'm really thinking the Shadow could be Zekrom or Reshiram. However, keep in mind that this game revolves around Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Perhaps N has already caught the Kyurem?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Why would he want more legendaries? x_x

On a side note, I can't tell you how many times I've replayed this trailer, lol. THE MUSIC IS JUST SO GREAT. You wouldn't expect it out of GameFreak.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think they purposefully made the shadow obscure enough that you're not supposed to tell whether it's reshiram or zekrom, athough judging by the tail shape, it might actually be white kyurem or black kyurem

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
To me it looked a bit like Reshiram at the start and then turned more Zekrom like as it went past him.
Either way, after seeing this many times I want anime style cutscenes with voice acting even more...please GF!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm really thinking the Shadow could be Zekrom or Reshiram. However, keep in mind that this game revolves around Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Perhaps N has already caught the Kyurem?

If N already caught Kyurem how can the player catch the Mascot? Black/White Kyurem is a Form Change so there'd only be one Kyurem in either game. If its owned by N then the Player cannot catch it and makes them redundant. Not to mention it would be the first time a Player could not catch the Box Mascot.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Personally, I believe the shadow is Reshiram... But then, who knows what it is? Maybe it'll be dependent on what version of the game you get; however; with accordance to the anime trailer I believe it is Reshiram because I didn't see any arms that would be present if it was a Zekrom...

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Personally, I believe the shadow is Reshiram... But then, who knows what it is? Maybe it'll be dependent on what version of the game you get; however; with accordance to the anime trailer I believe it is Reshiram because I didn't see any arms that would be present if it was a Zekrom...

Remember, this is a promotion for both games, not 1 particular version. In Black, N caught Zekrom and in White, N caught Reshiram. That's why they only showed the dragon's shadow, so that it could be either Reshiram or Zekrom without specifically showing either of them. That way, for people with Black and Black 2, it was Zekrom, and for people with White and White 2, it's Reshiram.

Back