• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
So far I've completed Wyatt's entire head and his eyes,hair,ears,nose and mouth.For Electra,I've just completed her hair and head only.I've decided what clothes they'll be wearing.You can change it if you want when I'm done with it...But about the Vs Mugshot,I'm not sure if I can make it...It's kinda hard drawing the Vs Mugshot...Could you make the Vs Mugshot yourself after I'm done with the sprite and post it here?P.S.About the proof work,my friend Darkliferful from Pokestadium has told me what it is...It means that you want a sample of my work,right?But,this is my first Pokemon trainer sprite!!! D: So how would I give proof work??? D:

Yes, that's generally what proof of work means.

You can upload one as an attachment or upload it to an image host such as Imageshack or Photobucket. Before I accept what you've claimed you have sprited, I'll need to see an example. You say it's your first time spriting, so, show me what you've got and I'll decide.

hello here is my map
I hope I can join

The sprites are terribly resized. The paths are missing some tiles and the map is far too empty. It's a basic map at best. Sorry, but, I'm going to have to decline.

NawidN

Shadow Nuzlocke Challenger
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2022
I see you're still looking for a Scripter and a Spriter. I am none of these.

But I still want to contribute to the project, somehow. I really feel the need to help out in some way. Is that possible? I am great in terms of plotline design and stuff.. I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories.

Can I be of any help in any way?

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I see you're still looking for a Scripter and a Spriter. I am none of these.

But I still want to contribute to the project, somehow. I really feel the need to help out in some way. Is that possible? I am great in terms of plotline design and stuff.. I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories.

Can I be of any help in any way?

Well, is there anything that you truly excel in? Some examples of plotline design and 'stuff' would be? I'd be more than willing to consider you a member on the team given you could contribute in some way.

NawidN

Shadow Nuzlocke Challenger
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2022

Well, is there anything that you truly excel in? Some examples of plotline design and 'stuff' would be? I'd be more than willing to consider you a member on the team given you could contribute in some way.

I don't know how to phrase my answer on that. The only categories I know about are: Spriting, coding, debugging, story writing, concept art developer, music composer..

I guess story writing? All I can say is that I am very oriented on the philosophical aspect of all the games in the entire franchise, the way the story makes sense, the way every aspect of the game contributes to the story (as it almost always isn't just a "be a pokemaster" or "catch 'em all" story, there is more to it.)

Aaaaaand.. yeah. I guess.. Defining the potential of a certain Pokémon in it's ability and stats. And determining what movepools makes sense on a Pokémon.

As I've said before, "I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories", meaning, I can easily implement anything from other games into this. May it be plotline or folklore-based. It may even be the concept of how to progress through the game. Every official Pokémon game has it's own unique properties in this.

I hope my explanation is understandable and has sufficiently answered your questions.

Years
Erm...An Example Sprite?Okay,but first you need to tell me Kevin's personality.Kind-Hearted?Shy?Mischevious?Hot-Tempered?Timid?Brave?Naive?Please tell me,or I won't be able to draw the sprite...P.S. You should already know what sprite I'm going to sprite!!! ;)

Atomic Reactor

This is coming along quite well my friends, though I would like to see some more screenshots to get a better feel for the game ha.

Don't be worried if your mapping is bad, cause if it is, we can all give you feedback!
Keep it up!

Years
Hey Elaynii!How about adding another Rival?Flaire will be the Player's enemy,while the 2nd Rival will be the Player's friend!If you think this idea is good,I can make his sprite.Here's what I think the 2nd Rival's data should be:
Name:Frazz
Likes Ice and Water type Pokemon and attacks,and will always choose Hydrake.Often seen with a frown when his sister,Flaire is around,and often seen with a cheerful smile when the player is around.Many wonder what would his mood be if both the Player and Flaire was around.
Brother of Flaire(He's younger than Flaire).He dislikes his sister,and his sister dislikes him too,and they are often arguing and disagreeing with each other.
Good Friend Of the Player.He and the player has been friends for many years.Many have a theory that it is because of the friendship of Frazz and the Player,whom is Flaire's enemy,is the cause of the bond of hatred between Frazz and Flaire.
Aims to be the Pokemon Champion,the same aim of both the Player and Flaire.
Phew!And,I'm finally done with the sprites!Do you want me to make the in-game sprites too?And by in-game sprites,I mean like when the player is walking around sprite.Anyway,here are the sprites! :)
Hope I can join!And if you're needing some more info about Frazz,just ask me.I can also give you some scene ideas for Frazz if you want me to.

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I don't know how to phrase my answer on that. The only categories I know about are: Spriting, coding, debugging, story writing, concept art developer, music composer..

I guess story writing? All I can say is that I am very oriented on the philosophical aspect of all the games in the entire franchise, the way the story makes sense, the way every aspect of the game contributes to the story (as it almost always isn't just a "be a pokemaster" or "catch 'em all" story, there is more to it.)

Aaaaaand.. yeah. I guess.. Defining the potential of a certain Pokémon in it's ability and stats. And determining what movepools makes sense on a Pokémon.

As I've said before, "I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories", meaning, I can easily implement anything from other games into this. May it be plotline or folklore-based. It may even be the concept of how to progress through the game. Every official Pokémon game has it's own unique properties in this.

I hope my explanation is understandable and has sufficiently answered your questions.

Hmm, actually... I think a story writer might actually help me quite a bit! I've been fiddling around with the actual plot and, to be honest, I haven't gotten anywhere. xD;

Your explanation is perfectly understandable and I do thank you for taking to time to actually explain. Welcome to the team, you're assistance will greatly help me and the overall progress of the game. You will come in very handy once I start deciding abilities and moves for all of the fakes within the game! I'll send you a private message containing my methods of contact.

Look very forward to speaking and working with you!

This is coming along quite well my friends, though I would like to see some more screenshots to get a better feel for the game ha.

Don't be worried if your mapping is bad, cause if it is, we can all give you feedback!
Keep it up!

Thanks! c:

All this time, I've been practicing slowly improving, so, I think everything may work out in the end~!

Hey Elaynii!How about adding another Rival?Flaire will be the Player's enemy,while the 2nd Rival will be the Player's friend!If you think this idea is good,I can make his sprite.Here's what I think the 2nd Rival's data should be:
Name:Frazz
Likes Ice and Water type Pokemon and attacks,and will always choose Hydrake.Often seen with a frown when his sister,Flaire is around,and often seen with a cheerful smile when the player is around.Many wonder what would his mood be if both the Player and Flaire was around.
Brother of Flaire(He's younger than Flaire).He dislikes his sister,and his sister dislikes him too,and they are often arguing and disagreeing with each other.
Good Friend Of the Player.He and the player has been friends for many years.Many have a theory that it is because of the friendship of Frazz and the Player,whom is Flaire's enemy,is the cause of the bond of hatred between Frazz and Flaire.
Aims to be the Pokemon Champion,the same aim of both the Player and Flaire.
Phew!And,I'm finally done with the sprites!Do you want me to make the in-game sprites too?And by in-game sprites,I mean like when the player is walking around sprite.Anyway,here are the sprites! :)
Hope I can join!And if you're needing some more info about Frazz,just ask me.I can also give you some scene ideas for Frazz if you want me to.

There is already another rival.

The second rival is the opposite gender of what the player chose. These two are the 'friendly' rivals while Flaire is... not so much. I appreciate your contributions, but, I think I have the rivals done at this point. Regarding Frazz's status... neither Willow nor Flaire have the paitence for boys. Flaire isn't the "sisterly" type, either. I do like the idea, but, I'm much too lazy to implement any of that in.

Second thing is, Kevin is not a cowboy and Suri has been redesigned. I have found me a spriter, but, thank you for applying. c:

Oh, and guys... a big update is coming soon, so, keep an eye out! Forgive me for not updating in a while.. I sort of forgot about this thread.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2012
oh... nyc game i hope its will still keep improving i like the concept and the sprites of the new pokemon i also like the main character kevin which is cool and been wanting him to be the main charcter after i defeated the game pokemon crystal anyways im looking forward in playing this game..... if u need a help about the pokemon spirites i can help i specialize on chicken , reptiles and cats spiriting ^_^

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
its good and nice sprites are cool i look forward in playing this game.. great job

Aénex

Does that mean I'm in the team?Or does that mean the opposite?Sorry,my English isn't all that good...

If you're name isn't on the front page where the team is, then you're not on the team. So, you're not on the team.

Years

If you're name isn't on the front page where the team is, then you're not on the team. So, you're not on the team.
I don't think that way is accurate...If you check on Pg 6,you will know that a person called NawidN was added to the team too,and do you see his/her name on the front page?I Think Not.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I don't think that way is accurate...If you check on Pg 6,you will know that a person called NawidN was added to the team too,and do you see his/her name on the front page?I Think Not.

Aénex is right.

I have just updated the team with NawdiN. As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm and need to help out, I just don't need any help right now. If you really want to support the game or help out with its production, you could put a support bar in your signature. So, the answer is going to have to be no.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Well firstly, the name; Ironed Heart? Your heart has been ironed flat? Or is it made of iron? The name suggests the former, and it's a bit odd sounding. Concept is nice though.

The region map looks interesting. Plenty to see and do it seems. Looks like it should be interesting to explore!

The starting story is a nice change from the norm. The mother being the professor is a good twist. The thing with the Elite Four is also interesting, I don't think anyone else has attempted such a story twist so far, and it seems to be a rather good one!

The Pokémon sprites are a little dull. There's a lack of brighter shades, so they don't pop out at all, and the outlines are a little dark which only makes the problem worse.

Sprite problem aside though, I hope you're making good progress. Good luck with your project!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Hey guys, I've got an update on the way, but first... I need some suggestions.

I want to change the name of this game, as I don't like it anymore. It was originally a placeholder, but, I haven't had any ideas as to what to change it to. So, I want you all to give me some ideas as to what I should rename the game. Any help is appreciated, and don't worry guys. This isn't dead, I'm just very slow right now. Rest assured, once the name has been changed, there WILL be an update.

Back