• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
You guys are crazy. There's so much cool stuff to do AFTER beating Red in that game. Like catching the Hoenn Legendary Pokemon (Groudon and Rayquaza in your case) and getting starter Pokemon from other regions. HGSS is the only game I know that can stay interesting even after beating the strongest trainer in the game. Just because of all the cool stuff jammed into the game. I really miss my Pokewalker...

Well my problem is that I've played my Emerald through dozens of times and I haven plenty of Groudons, Kyogres and Rayquazas from that. I also have plenty of 1st gen starters Pal Parked from my GBA games. I've played tag with Latios in my SS and caught Latias in Pewter City (event).
Done more of less the same on my HeartGold last run and I'm just sort of... just sitting there with 16 badges always and looking at the level curve... and then going "nope", moving things to save on my Platinum or SS before thinking up a new run on it.

Only legendaries that I've never had are Jirachi and Palkia... and Palkia is just that my first game was Diamond, with over 100 hours played before I moved everything to White, and I'm too lazy to go get it in Platinum.

My Pokewalkers are almost all the time with me since they're in my bag (they get steps there) or pockets during the days.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Necrum, if I could RNG HGSS, I would definitely have more incentive to beat it. XD

Thank you, Wildy! :) -hugs-

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It is pretty funny. I just hate that the thread had nothing to do with Syd, and then some a$$ decided to single her out in front of everyone. Seriously? Who does that?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wish I could win everything without being there. Trophies being sent to my door and what not lol. I think we can move past this topic guys. The issue was actually resolved before that thread, it just had its lingering drama. Glad it's over. It better not come back. I like my hair and don't wanna pull it out.

While I'm here and playing Emerald, I just want you to know...Tropius is a pain in the butt to train.

Years
Tropius are horrible to train, they take forever! That's why I gave up on mine and picked something else for my team ;) I hate when pokemon are weak and then are impossible to train. Like for one of the challenges I did, I had six pokemon from eggs... not fun. Especially when all bonsly could do was use copycat. >_<

Years
Syd I honestly don't understand why someone could flat out accuse you of being mean at all. People should realize the importance of communication, rather than blurting out their feelings cause it feels right (I learned that the hard way).

Anyways, I am really itching to do a challenge, and I know I have my favorite challenge almost ready to go, but I was thinking the monocolor challenge. I have never done it, but I love creeping on people's adventure logs (especially jdthebud's organized, professional looking ones lol). That brings to mind: which color is best?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bill, come get your eggs, they've been ready for like 3 days. :P

Green comes with some surprisingly good options. Like Yanmega, and Breloom. Oh, and Bronzong (I don't know how it's green either...)

Years
Bill, come get your eggs, they've been ready for like 3 days. :P

Green comes with some surprisingly good options. Like Yanmega, and Breloom. Oh, and Bronzong (I don't know how it's green either...)

Lol sorry bout that. In white I have to beat the first gym to get pal pad right? I'll get started.

With green, the only problem is almost all the awesome green pokemon come in Platinum (which I don't have), and none of the emulators I try ever work! That being said, I could do it on Soul Silver.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Syd I honestly don't understand why someone could flat out accuse you of being mean at all. People should realize the importance of communication, rather than blurting out their feelings cause it feels right (I learned that the hard way).

Anyways, I am really itching to do a challenge, and I know I have my favorite challenge almost ready to go, but I was thinking the monocolor challenge. I have never done it, but I love creeping on people's adventure logs (especially jdthebud's organized, professional looking ones lol). That brings to mind: which color is best?

Blue, Purple and Orange are fabulous colours imo. Or just choose you favourite.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Golurk is apparently green also. Green is a good color btw. If anyone remembers the St. Patrick's Day challenge in 2011, it was basically a green monocolor, and I ended up with a pretty diverse team (I used Emerald btw). Gen V green monocolor is good too because Petilil! :)

@WeightyWillBill: Thank you darling. :)

@GolurkIsDaBomb: Sadly, I'm stuck with Tropius. :( Vappy has Kakuna though, so Tropius compared to that is a blessing. lol

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Golurk is apparently green also. Green is a good color btw. If anyone remembers the St. Patrick's Day challenge in 2011, it was basically a green monocolor, and I ended up with a pretty diverse team (I used Emerald btw). Gen V green monocolor is good too because Petilil! :)

@WeightyWillBill: Thank you darling. :)

@GolurkIsDaBomb: Sadly, I'm stuck with Tropius. :( Vappy has Kakuna though, so Tropius compared to that is a blessing. lol
I want to do a Green Monocolor now. Maybe in HG once I finish my Vault Hunter's challenge. Tyranitar is my favorite Pokemon after all, and Yanmega is pretty BA. Plus if I get a new Pokewalker I can get a Bronzor Post Game. Shroomish with Hoenn Sound. Whatever else I come up with. Lots of good ones as I said.

Oh yeah, and Meganium, my favorite starter. :D

Years
I'm thinking when we get Gen VI, we should make a "one from all" kind of challenge. It would only be allowed on XY of course, but the player uses a Pokemon from each generation in their team (whether it be decided by favorites, or the user who posts next). There could be restrictions of course, like for each slot picking a type of Pokemon, kind of like what Syd and vaporeon do with their HoF challenge (e.g. when syd said "an ugly Pokemon").

Then again, I might be thinking way too far ahead lol.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That's a good idea. Let your next person give a restriction to each Gen for your team choices, then build your team based on that. Awesome!

I'm finally breeding my Favorites team. This is gonna be fun. I love all the Pokemon on my team! (Not happy about raising Hydreigon again though)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
All done breeding my team! Yay! Now I just gotta get to where I can trade them in.

Yeah, that challenge would be an excellent way to use the Tags, which almost never get used. I still wanna come up with more ideas for a 6th gen only challenge.

Years
Well, there will most definitely be another favorites challenge to include Gen VI.

Speaking of favorites challenge, I (partially) EV trained my Flacco (Murkrow) and Maitre'D (Corphish)! By partially I mean I trained them both with Lillipups and Patrats and Purrloins and got to like 60 attack EVs (good enough for me). I'm already loving these Pokemon!

Just thinking about Gen VI Favs challenge makes me excited to know that they'll probably introduce a new favorite of mine, which they always seem to do C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back