• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
well I have a Vileplume with Chlorophyll that has Sunny Day and Solarbeam... he's Timid natured and when he uses Sunny Day, his ability makes him faster than an Aerodactyl or Accelgor. i'm not a competitive player but doesn't this Vileplume make it seem something a competitive player wants?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
well I have a Vileplume with Chlorophyll that has Sunny Day and Solarbeam... he's Timid natured and when he uses Sunny Day, his ability makes him faster than an Aerodactyl or Accelgor. i'm not a competitive player but doesn't this Vileplume make it seem something a competitive player wants?

Players don't really bother with Vileplume because it's seriously outclassed by Venusaur, who has higher Attack, Speed and bulk as well as a bit more of a move pool, allowing it to go mixed with Earthquake and/or Seed Bomb. Even Victreebel outclasses Vileplume due to it having Weather Ball and higher offensive stats (even with equal Special Attack to Vileplume)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
hail does activate a few abilities such as Snow Cloak(Raises evasion) and Ice Body (Restores little HP every turn). idk if i'm correct but doesn't hail guarantees Blizzard a strike on every turn?

But all (not Shadow Sky or Fog, but meh to the) activate abilities like sun activating Solar Power, rain activating Rain Dish or sandstorm activating Sand Sand Veil. Hail just lacks anything to really make it stand out imo.

Also Nica and I had a hail team battle today for Christmas, it was obvious that our teams had more Pokemon to counter hail Pokemon then abusers themselves. The whole battle was pretty fail in all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well actually, I just battled AlexOzzyCake with the same hail team and it actually did pretty well, lol. I dunno, I guess hail would suck against other weathers but in general I think it's "okay", except Abomasnow sucks. :)

Jirachi works great in hail tbh, because HAX IS USEFUL IN ALL WEATHERS /redeeming point

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
WOW I'M IN CBC.

Jirachi is currently in my OU team, and I've used it before I decided to stop battling actively and it's always been an asset to my team pretty much. Jirachi ftw.

Hax is sooo annoying though. smh rn

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
I love Jirachi but never use one so I have no idea if it is good or not but based on what I see so far, it seems to be a good candidate for my future team :P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I use Jirachi for Screening. xD

It's Really good against Scizor and Tyranitar, the two pokemon which my old Deoxys kept getting killed by while screening.

I'm also trying out Uxie...it has really good defense!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I hate using Jirachi and I hate facing them. :< I mean, I used to always use a Jirachi but now it seems every team carries a counter for one. If I do run one I use the Scarf set because the Hax set is too common. I like using Claydol as my screener/spinner. He's pretty bulky and has an interesting typing.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I can't see hail being used much anymore either. Abomasnow has too many counters and the fact that almost only ice types get a benefit from it, and ice is a horrible defensive typing. It's like why use hail when you can use sandstorm.

Hail needs to boost Ice's defence or special defence by 50% to compete with sandstorm imo.

hi, i know i'm kind of late but if you're playing hail defensively you're doing it wrong. hail should really just be purely offensive teams - and no, it's not that ice-types are the only beneficiaries. everything on an offensive team appreciates leftovers being negated, because as you said (or what i paraphrased from what you said), only ice-types ignore hail damage. hail's also really only good for making blizzard 100% accurate, plus it trolls with all of the other stupid weather teams going around lately (and abomasnow manhandles politoed). yes, it does have the least amount going for it compared to drizzle, drought, and sand stream, but hail definitely is the "dark horse" of weather.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
It's been a while since I've played competitive. So how are you guys doing?

I'm currently trying to include a Mawile and a Emolga in all of my teams (even OU *shot*) because underrated wall and underrated sweepers need some love. I'm also loving my DuoWeather Sunny Rain Team (which is the only team that doesn't have Mawile or Emolga :I)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It's been a while since I've played competitive. So how are you guys doing?

I'm currently trying to include a Mawile and a Emolga in all of my teams (even OU *shot*) because underrated wall and underrated sweepers need some love. I'm also loving my DuoWeather Sunny Rain Team (which is the only team that doesn't have Mawile or Emolga :I)

I wish you good luck on that... you're gonna need it.
Also after seeing this picture:
pokmon-we-must-go-back.png

It has made me think about all the people who would've been really angry about the removal of some TMs.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I wish you good luck on that... you're gonna need it.
Also after seeing this picture:
pokmon-we-must-go-back.png

It has made me think about all the people who would've been really angry about the removal of some TMs.

Lmao, i love back to the future.

I can just imagine him saying "Great Scott, Platinum Marty, something HAS to be done about Platinum!"

Years
Battle between Appleasing and Overlord Drakow started!

Tier: Wifi
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: No Timeout
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Hydreigon / Haxorus / Heracross / Scizor / Donphan / Magnezone
Opponent's team: Ferrothorn / Empoleon / Scizor / Jirachi / Skarmory / Heatran

Overlord Drakow: AH ****.
Appleasing: yeah
Appleasing: anti-drakow team
Overlord Drakow sent out DRAKOW! (Hydreigon)
Appleasing sent out Heatran!
The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 1
Appleasing called Heatran back!
Appleasing sent out Jirachi!

DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
A critical hit!
The foe's Jirachi lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

Overlord Drakow: yes!
Appleasing: ..
Appleasing sent out Empoleon!

Start of turn 2
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Empoleon lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Empoleon fainted!

Appleasing: i'm weak to focus miss omg
Overlord Drakow: LOL.
Appleasing sent out Heatran!

The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Overlord Drakow: WTF,

Start of turn 3
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
Appleasing: ffffffffffffff
The foe's Heatran lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

Appleasing: MISS YOU ****ER
Appleasing sent out Ferrothorn!

Start of turn 4
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
Appleasing: ...
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!

Overlord Drakow: omg
Overlord Drakow: i am
Appleasing: how is it not missing
Overlord Drakow: ****ing
Overlord Drakow: logging this
Appleasing sent out Skarmory!

Start of turn 5
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
The attack of DRAKOW missed!

The foe's Skarmory used Brave Bird!
DRAKOW lost 124 HP! (38% of its health)
The foe's Skarmory is hit with recoil!

Appleasing: ...
Appleasing: oh wow such a USEFUL miss

Start of turn 6
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
The attack of DRAKOW missed!

The foe's Skarmory used Swords Dance!
The foe's Skarmory's Attack sharply rose!

Start of turn 7
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
The foe's Skarmory lost 85% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory fainted!

Appleasing sent out Scizor!

Start of turn 8
DRAKOW used Focus Blast!
The foe's Scizor lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!

Overlord Drakow won the battle!
Appleasing: gg

hydreigonwreckage.png

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That hax... I just can't even.

The team was designed to destroy, not to suffer at his hand!

(Even though I never really intended it to be a real team).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That's nothing compared to my FB CRIT TWICE IN A ROW and second time was Blissey OHKO tyvm Reuniclus

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh yeah guys, my second anti-Drakow team was successful :)

lol yeah Yoshiko, why is focus miss so lucky today :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back