• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best and Worst Moments [V2.0]

Years
Best Moment: Can't recall having any 'best' moments in the 4th gen, but I guess I'll go with catching Giratina on Platinum with my first Ultra Ball.

Worst Moment: Getting a used version of HeartGold, and not heeding the warning about deleting the save file before starting a new game. Less than 30 minutes in, I caught a Geodude on Route 46, and it had Pokerus. Having forgotten about the warning, I realized I couldn't overwrite the save file already on the cartridge. Considering getting Pokerus is 3x less likely than finding a shiny, I was not happy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Best: catching Giratina

Worst: catching Giratina took waaaaaaaaaaay to long

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Best moment: Today: getting a shiny chickorita on heart gold in less then 3 hours of soft resetting and it being my first successful soft reset hunt. I was after it since i started a shiny badge quest today.

Worst: getting destroyed by shinnoh's elite four and then having to do hours of training and money grinding to beat them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Best-
Finding a shiny Ponyta (Random Encounter) on Diamond version.

Worst-
Using my Masterball on Raikou (which I decided to hate after seeing its moves)

Accidentally knocking out the first legendary I ever encountered. I close combat'd the Dialga and took it out with one hit (after wasting a turn with Wing Attack because I had no idea what I was doing, back then).

Years
Best moment: Finding Shiny Floatzel
Worst moment: Grinding, just grinding everywhere before gyms and E4. But seriously, finding Giratina.

Years
I am so mad, cause I can't remember anything from the 4th Generation :( Seriously! I don't know why. Maybe because I finished the game in 2 days! :( lol but

Best Moment: When I found out that Platinum existed, I don't know how, but I didn't notice that there was a Diamond and Pearl version before Platinum. omg.

I don't remember having a bad moment. I just want to play it again someday! Maybe I will start it again this summer while waiting for X&Y haha XD

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I had many good moments, but I remember a horrible moment. One day I was looking for a Volt Orb in Treasure Garden (not sure of the name/too lazy to google) and I happened to stumble across a shiny Roselia. Now you have to understand, shiny Roserade is one of my all time favorite shinnies, so I got excited. I got my weakest Pokémon that always faints - Umbreon to weaken it and used Quick Attack. Guess what? Critical hit. 1HKO. I boxed Umbreon and never used it again.

Back