• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candyspider

The cotton candy archanid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Wonder Trade Guilt

The first few times I tried Wonder Trade it was a whole lot of fun, especially after getting one of the Vivillon patterns I didn't already have. Then I got a Stunfisk for Bagon I deposited and instantly felt betrayed. Rather than do the right thing and release the Stunfisk I traded it back in and I got a Porygon. I instantly felt guilty about it.

Has something similarly happened to you? Did you get a really good pokemon for some crap poke? Or do you feel like that's just the nature of the beast?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
I accidentally caught two Pansear's at the start of the game, thinking that I didn't already have it so thought lets try out this wondertrade thing. Got a lvl 30 Japanese Ditto. Felt like a right cow lol.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
I feel like it's just the nature of the beast. You win some, you lose some, and both parties should expect the worst.
I know everyone's sick of getting them now, but pretty early on in the game I was really excited when I was just re-depositing everything I got and eventually got a female protean Froakie with pokerus... for a dwebble. My starter was Fennekin, so I was pretty stoked just to have another starter, much less pokerus, and I felt a little bad that all he got was a dwebble in return, lol.

Shhmew

Years
Lately I've been getting like 90% derps (pokemon simply caught on the side of the road) in Wonder Trade (not an exaggeration), so I've been releasing them instead of re-wonder trading them, to help clean up the system >.<

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Last night I got a 5 IV Anticipation Eevee. Nature is....alright, but I'm not too bothered. I'm happier that I got a hidden ability Eevee <3

Also got a Tyrunt as well. No need to ask for one :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yesterday, I got a hold of Shadow Tag Chandelure from Wonder Trade, somehow. Unfortunately, though, its nature and IVs are terrible, so it won't be any good to use it in online battles. ):

ACupOfTea

Tea Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
I've gotten so many Bunnelbies from Wonder Trade. >_< I've gotten quite a few starters from it though.

Xadvid

Screw finals
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 7, 2023
I managed to get a 5IV (-Sp. Atk) Shiny Pidgeot on Wonder Trade two nights ago nicknamed, "Bird Jesus"... But it's still a 5IV Shiny :3

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I managed to get a 5IV (-Sp. Atk) Shiny Pidgeot on Wonder Trade two nights ago nicknamed, "Bird Jesus"... But it's still a 5IV Shiny :3

Well then, praise Lord Helix that you were lucky enough to get such a nice Pidgeot.

Years
I've got some japanese pokemons and a Tepig. :D

I feel bad tho for sending away my Bunnelbys and Fletchlings

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wasn't able to get much good things from Wonder Trade today, sadly; only just a pair of Golbat. Will trade then back tomorrow and see what I get. d:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A shiny Dragonite? Wow, lucky you. Have you checked its stats and confirmed that it's not hacked? I mean, it could be. Either that, it's most likely cloned, and somebody just wanted to surprise someone by giving it away. Haha.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I got an ordinary Flareon from WT today.
Yeah, it's just a normal and ordinary Flareon, but that's my most favorite Eeveelution ever, and it felt great to receive one, even though I already have...seven of them in my PC. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
SO GUYS I GOT A YVELTAL ON WONDER TRADE YESTERDAY.

LOOK AT IT. ISN'T HE COOL?

Spoiler:

I also got two Iron Fist Chimchars. Gave one away and going to use the other one for breeding purposes.

i feel bad for the guy that got my HA Eevee tho lol

Pinta77

Got a shiny Dragonite a few min ago.
Why the hell does somebody put him on the wonder trade?

You can get a shiny Dragonite on White 2 so it's likely that it's real. But still... it takes a lot of work to get that... why would someone trade that!? Unless they cloned it

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
Years
A shiny Dragonite? Wow, lucky you. Have you checked its stats and confirmed that it's not hacked? I mean, it could be. Either that, it's most likely cloned, and somebody just wanted to surprise someone by giving it away. Haha.

I checked And it's not hacked lol, So I think it's cloned

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
I once got a Froakie with Pokerus. ouo
Still have him sitting in my box~

I also got a level 54. Seadra and Mudkip. ^^
I can't remember what I traded for them, though.

Just for some kicks, I did a few trades right now~
Ralts - French Bunnelby (with a kickin' nickname)
Happiny - Gravler [Which was holding an everstone. >n<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back