• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virtual Machines

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
I was wanting to know, but how many people here use virtual machines of any sort? What programs do you use for accessing Virtual Machines, whether that'd be VirtualBox, VMWare, or even Microsoft Virtual PC?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I have VMWare, but I don't use it.
I don't know why, but for some reason, I fall asleep when using Virtual Machines, probably because of the heat that comes out of a PC?
I used to use Xen Servers at work, but we only used them actively when there are problems on them.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I use Virtual Machines a lot. I have used VMware, Virtualbox, Parallels, and Hyper V. My personal favorite is Hyper V if you are in a Windows domain environment. It doesn't have all of the features others have, but for me it works great.

I use it at work. I am currently in the middle of transitioning everything over to Hyper V. The last Sysadmin was a fan of VMware, and ESXi, but he never actually installed any keys in the ESXi servers so their functionality is limited. I will admit, that VMware has some very cool, advanced features, but you have to pay for them.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I actually use Hyper-V for Windows Phone 8 emulation (because I don't have any WP8 devices), as well as for virtualizing other OSes like Ubuntu Linux.

It's a good thing that the early upgrade offer was for the Pro version of Windows 8...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I used to use Microsoft Virtual PC and VirtualBox when I was interested in seeing how the older Windows OS and Linux works back then.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have used a virtual machine (VMware, if I'm not mistaken? Or was it VirtualBox?) back during my IT course last year. We had this class on VMs and the classroom had a few computers running Ubuntu. We then learnt how to use that virtual machine to open up Windows XP and Linux. That class was one of the most interesting parts of that unit.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I have a couple times with Virtualbox and VMWare. I used them largely to give Linux a try as well as "play" with Windows XP. Was a rather interesting experience, and will wind up using them again in the future.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I use VMWare for emulating Windows XP on my Win7 laptop to access a printer whose drivers do not support Win 7, a laserjet printer so not going for another printer as long as it works :P

Back